Re: Harry Kane's Penalty Right or wrong?

I have not had the benefit of watching replays but my distinct impression on seeing this incident live was that Kane deliberately collided with the Liverpool player. It was a clear dive and I was surprised when the referee awarded a penalty. I also thought he was offside. Kane went down in my estimation last night. I was very disappointed in him. If he performs that trick against County in the unlikely event that he plays on Wednesday we should rightly be angry.

G Guest wrote:I have not had the benefit of watching replays but my distinct impression on seeing this incident live was that Kane deliberately collided with the Liverpool player. It was a clear dive and I was surprised when the referee awarded a penalty. I also thought he was offside. Kane went down in my estimation last night. I was very disappointed in him. If he performs that trick against County in the unlikely event that he plays on Wednesday we should rightly be angry.
I don't disagree but.

0-0 in the last minute and a County player takes a dive, Labadie puts it away and we're in round 5.

Do you still take the moral high ground then? Not a trick question, I really don't know how I'd feel.

pembsexile wrote:
TBWAH wrote:It was onside and not a dive and 100% correct.

Just surprised noone has started a petition to get the game replayed.

It's like the Brexit referendum mark 2.

Not a dive? I'm sure happy Harry agrees with you. 'I felt contact and I went down'. Hmmmm.
Those were the exact words Michael Owen used after "winning" a penalty for England against Argentina in the World Cup.

If you look at it , both of Karius' hands are planted flat to the ground . He did everything he could to avoid committing the foul .
Kane's knee clipped the keepers elbow ever so slightly and he makes the most of it .

I can never understand how "winning a penalty" has any place in the game ?
It's "cheating" in my eyes .... whoever team you support .
I like Kane and I like the way Tottenham generally play , but I thought they conned everyone yesterday with both penalty decisions .
Thought they deserved their point for the draw , but not in the manner they achieved it .

Anyway ..... let's give them a go on Wednesday !
Create a noise , get in their faces and at least make a game of it !
Amber Army !!!!!

Corpaboy wrote:If you look at it , both of Karius' hands are planted flat to the ground . He did everything he could to avoid committing the foul .
Kane's knee clipped the keepers elbow ever so slightly and he makes the most of it .

I can never understand how "winning a penalty" has any place in the game ?
It's "cheating" in my eyes .... whoever team you support .
I like Kane and I like the way Tottenham generally play , but I thought they conned everyone yesterday with both penalty decisions .
Thought they deserved their point for the draw , but not in the manner they achieved it .

Anyway ..... let's give them a go on Wednesday !
Create a noise , get in their faces and at least make a game of it !
Amber Army !!!!!
Excellent post, couldn't agree more