Ticket Price with postage

Can I just check how much people were charged for next day delivery. My ticket price was £10.00 and the postage cost on the envelope is £6.45 but I have been charged £12.99 with the total amount taken from my bank account as £22.99. Anyone else charged the same?
Last edited by Mr Figo on February 6th, 2018, 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Ticket Price with postage

I bought mine on Thurs - but late in the day and it was annotated that it was not posted until the next day, presumably Fri and was not delivered until yesterday. So not next day - the cost clearly says £6.45 on the envelope. I don't mind paying extra for postage but it wasn't even delivered on Saturday!

I posted some tickets off at 08:57 yesterday, they were delivered around 10:40 today. The service I used was "next day by 1:00 pm "..... cost £6.45
I think the club are entitled to charge for "P&P", which as anyone who uses Ebay will know, can be anything you want to charge.
There are a number of different services and they all vary on when they can deliver by, especially if posted later in the day (which businesses tend to do)...
There was a service costing £18.95 which guaranteed delivery by 09:00, which I wasn't going to use, since it was much higher than my estimate.....
If you've had 4 tickets delivered next day for £12.99 = £13.25 each if adult, then that's gotta reasonable I would have thought.

newgroundrodney wrote:I posted some tickets off at 08:57 yesterday, they were delivered around 10:40 today. The service I used was "next day by 1:00 pm "..... cost £6.45
I think the club are entitled to charge for "P&P", which as anyone who uses Ebay will know, can be anything you want to charge.
There are a number of different services and they all vary on when they can deliver by, especially if posted later in the day (which businesses tend to do)...
There was a service costing £18.95 which guaranteed delivery by 09:00, which I wasn't going to use, since it was much higher than my estimate.....
If you've had 4 tickets delivered next day for £12.99 = £13.25 each if adult, then that's gotta reasonable I would have thought.
I get that but 12.99 for one ticket to be delivered 3 days later is a bit steep - especially with the cost on the envelope being half that. Email sent to the ticket office.

Mr Figo wrote:
newgroundrodney wrote:I posted some tickets off at 08:57 yesterday, they were delivered around 10:40 today. The service I used was "next day by 1:00 pm "..... cost £6.45
I get that but 12.99 for one ticket to be delivered 3 days later is a bit steep - especially with the cost on the envelope being half that. Email sent to the ticket office.
maybe it's effectively "next business day"?....

Mr Figo wrote:
maybe it's effectively "next business day"?....[/quote]

Doesn't say that on the label -says Special Delivery by 1pm (Next Day). Checked Post Office site and there isn't even a £12.99 option. There is a Next day delivery by 1pm for £6.45 (which is what is on the envelope).[/quote]

Well that's it then, the rest is effectively a handling charge added by the club.

Valleyboy1980 wrote:Two tickets ordered Friday cost 12.99 for delivery too, I was quite shocked but as tickets were cheap and I could not get to the ticket office thought it ok but I looked on the Royal Mail website which had me thinking it was per ticket which is bad.
Got through Friday at 4 and was quoted £27.99 for one senior and one adult by recorded delivery as only option. At first I thought I had been charged for two adults but when the tickets arrived yesterday morning courtesy of my super reliable postman( who found it in the bottom of his mailbag after he had already done a delivery and came back), the breakdown was as Mr Figo has described.

It's rather taken the gloss off the cheap ticket deal, but I'm putting Friday's sorry experience behind me now and saving for Rochdale !

big daddio wrote:For balance. My son ordered his tickets (x2) by phone on Thursday. Chose next day delivery. £2. Tickets delivered next day. Maybe he was lucky :lol: He also said the service was 'awesome'. Kidspeak I think :cheers: Everyone enjoy the game however you got the tickets. Rochdale will be a piece of **** :lol: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
Well that shows there is a clear disparity which i hope the club will answer. As I said earlier, I don't mind paying for postage but the receipt with the ticket said 22.99 but the postage on the envelope said £6.45.