Re: Odds tomorrow

Looking at the odds the following memories and thoughts filled my head. Tomorrow/tonight we will probably lose three or four nil. Deep down inside we all know that we might get stuffed. Tottenham are smarting from the game at Rodney Parade, the dossier will fire fire up those criticised, the pitch will suit Spurs and they will want to go better than Swansea.

Frankly I think that we will probably lose by at least five and I wouldn't be a bit surprised if we lose with double figures. And if either of those scenario turn out to be true I can live with it. I think it is a price worth paying for the very slim chance of being there on the greatest night in the clubs history.

But there is one thing I'm not sure I could cope with. Anyone else remember thirty odd years ago a 1-1 draw with a big first tier club? Anyone else remember that big club scoring a late equalizer?Anyone else remember the replay? Anyone else remember County playing this really huge team of the park? Anyone else remember that we would have had a very winnable tie in the next round? Shrewsbury I think. Anyone else remember just how much Everton 2, County 1 hurt?

I can take a stuffing, but I don't know how I'd cope with a narrow unlucky defeat.

Had a good look and the best odds I can see is for County to score a goal. I have County in 41 - 50 mins at 14/1. If I am honest I think it will be about 4-1 but there is no way I will be putting money on that.

It is the hope that kills you. Getting optimistic and would love us to do it, but.............As Brendan has said, I can also take a pummelling, as long as we try our best. Another late equaliser/ winner for Spurs and I will be shattered.

For the last 37 years the CZJ game has been in my head, if only, if only, etc. I don't want to have another xxxxx number of years of that. C'mon the County.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:Looking at the odds the following memories and thoughts filled my head. Tomorrow/tonight we will probably lose three or four nil. Deep down inside we all know that we might get stuffed. Tottenham are smarting from the game at Rodney Parade, the dossier will fire fire up those criticised, the pitch will suit Spurs and they will want to go better than Swansea.

Frankly I think that we will probably lose by at least five and I wouldn't be a bit surprised if we lose with double figures. And if either of those scenario turn out to be true I can live with it. I think it is a price worth paying for the very slim chance of being there on the greatest night in the clubs history.

But there is one thing I'm not sure I could cope with. Anyone else remember thirty odd years ago a 1-1 draw with a big first tier club? Anyone else remember that big club scoring a late equalizer?Anyone else remember the replay? Anyone else remember County playing this really huge team of the park? Anyone else remember that we would have had a very winnable tie in the next round? Shrewsbury I think. Anyone else remember just how much Everton 2, County 1 hurt?

I can take a stuffing, but I don't know how I'd cope with a narrow unlucky defeat.
Yes I was at Goodison for the 1-2 loss, and was bitterly disappointed, but that pain didn’t feel like anything compared to the pain of Sheedys last gasp equaliser!!!

With regards tonight, with Arsenal coming up Sat am, I’m fully expecting a much changed starting x1, so I feel, that although they will have far too much for us, their “disjointedness” might at least keep the score to a minimum?

That’s what I prayed for anyway !!

Stan A. Einstein wrote:Looking at the odds the following memories and thoughts filled my head. Tomorrow/tonight we will probably lose three or four nil. Deep down inside we all know that we might get stuffed. Tottenham are smarting from the game at Rodney Parade, the dossier will fire fire up those criticised, the pitch will suit Spurs and they will want to go better than Swansea.

Yes and I remember the standing ovation we had off the Everton fans after such a great performance

SJG99 wrote:All I'd say is if you think it'll be 10, the odds on that will be very good as well.
No I don't think it will be 10. What I said was that it would I think it will be about four or five. I was perhaps using a bit of hyperbole in saying double figures but Notts County are better than us and Swansea are not as good as Spurs, and when I saw last night's score I didn't think 'That must be a misprint'.

Exactly 10-0 by the way is 500/1. Which I think is about right. Spurs to score 7 or more I think is being offered on line at about 33/1.

Edit.

And the reason I have flown in from Ireland is that I think maybe one time in thirty we will win. And if we do I want to be there.