Re: Some people

Taunton Iron Cider wrote:
Ado wrote:I had a seven year old with me last night. He stood on his seat and the view he had was fine (everyone around us was stood up also). He had a great time. People complaining about people standing up in the away end clearly don't go to many away games. I took my seven year old and 10 year old to Cheltenham away last year - everyone was stood up, they stood on the seats. They had a great time.
So you encouraged your children to stand on the seats, something they are not designed for. Tell me, what ambulance chasing law firm would you have contacted to sue the Wembley Authorities had they fallen and injured themselves?
Jesus wept.

In the post match press conference Flynny said he hoped the cup run would attract the lost generation of supporters from when we went out of business. He's got that bang on because we clearly have more than our fare share of miserable old gits.

Looking on the 'County Chat' page on FB Kevin Ward was threatened in front of his 7yr old son by a middle aged County fan in the toilets at half time.... I saw a few little incidents but by and large it was a good natured evening but we really do have some knuckle draggers following us.

Mike Kear wrote:A lot of "the miserable old gits" cannot stand up for 90 minutes but what do you care.
Funny old thing a lot of them keep this club going.
Again what do you care
I'm alright Jack.
It's not 90 minutes is it, it's 45 mins then at half time most people sit down/move around for 15 mins.

Why not turn it on it's head, why not consider that away days like last night are one-off's that a hell of a lot of people want to stand up to take in all the atmosphere and actually contribute to the atmosphere?

Harps62 wrote:
county chris wrote:
kempo wrote:I was the guy in green coat at no point did I throw coins at you the reason I asked you to sit down was my 11 year old daughter couldn't see at the start of the game people in front of you were standing which i understand why you we're stood up but they then Sat down you still stood up. Hey as long as you saw the game
Well maybe it was not you, but someone from the area did, I saw one silver piece fly past me. Another fan (standing I might add) pointed out the pound coin which hit my back. Before the coin throwing the green coated fan happened to tube able to shout ‘if you don’t move I’ll make you move’ (not threats I’ll batten a eye lid too). Personally that’s not going to make move if I wanted too
You have no right to stand.
Unbelievable women kids oap's around you.
Sorry pal you are an idiot.
Sorry Harps, I find this statement completely hypocritical when you have posted a couple of time that you were doing 100 plus down the M4 last night. Plenty of kids, OAP's and other innocent people on the road last night, you didn't seem to care about them?

You seem to be all up on your moral high horse about fans standing, perhaps you should button it on this one seeing as you seem to pick and choose what's right and wrong to suit your own ego.

whoareya wrote:
Ado wrote:I had a seven year old with me last night. He stood on his seat and the view he had was fine (everyone around us was stood up also). He had a great time. People complaining about people standing up in the away end clearly don't go to many away games. I took my seven year old and 10 year old to Cheltenham away last year - everyone was stood up, they stood on the seats. They had a great time.
So you encouraged your children to stand on the seats, something they are not designed for. Tell me, what ambulance chasing law firm would you have contacted to sue the Wembley Authorities had they fallen and injured themselves?
Jesus wept.

In the post match press conference Flynny said he hoped the cup run would attract the lost generation of supporters from when we went out of business. He's got that bang on because we clearly have more than our fare share of miserable old gits.
I'm glad you can quote one verse from the bible but there was no Christian love shown to those who missed a lot of the match because people were standing in front of them.

Now I see what I did wrong - I should have stood on my seat. That would definitely be safe standing for a 60+ year old with a dodgy knee wouldn't it. I have no issue with people standing in areas where it's been designated a standing area but not where it's seating - I rely on being able to sit to enable me to see what's going on. Again, pure selfishness from the me, me, me fans who couldn't care less about anyone else. Me seating doesn't spoil your view or enjoyment of the game - you standing ruins mine.

Gallipoli.
You do make me laugh.
Guess what that comment was tongue in cheek.
Doubt if my motor would hit 100mph with a strong tail wind behind it.
But will tell you how I got home quicker than most.
I invested £40 in the Red car park which to explain is adjacent to the ground.
Unbelievably as I pulled in a motor was pulling out literally second car space inside the door.
that was my spot.
you may notice 50mph limits on a fair bit of the M4 also.
Guess what I don't want a ticket.
Never passed a single coach coming back as they were miles behind.
Now those comments were a bit of fun but all you selfish jokers who couldn't care less about the thousands of fans who wanted to sit and a lot of whose enjoyment was spoilt because as another contributor stated they are "old gits"
I crown you Mr Selfish.
What a charmer you are.

whoareya wrote:
Jesus wept.

I'm amazed how you can justify ruining the match for someone who has travelled a few hundred miles on a Wednesday night to support the county but happens to find it difficult to stand up.

Jesus wept indeed mate.

South London Exile wrote:
I'm amazed how you can justify ruining the match for someone who has travelled a few hundred miles on a Wednesday night to support the county but happens to find it difficult to stand up.

Jesus wept indeed mate.
Well you've called that wrong - if you look back at the quotes you'll see it was in response to someone,moaning about a fella that allowed his son to stand on a seat so he could watch the game.

No matter, these games don't come around very often, we can all revert to standing and sitting wherever we like at home and away games with plenty of space around us.

Harps62 wrote:Gallipoli.
You do make me laugh.
Guess what that comment was tongue in cheek.
Doubt if my motor would hit 100mph with a strong tail wind behind it.
But will tell you how I got home quicker than most.
I invested £40 in the Red car park which to explain is adjacent to the ground.
Unbelievably as I pulled in a motor was pulling out literally second car space inside the door.
that was my spot.
you may notice 50mph limits on a fair bit of the M4 also.
Guess what I don't want a ticket.
Never passed a single coach coming back as they were miles behind.
Now those comments were a bit of fun but all you selfish jokers who couldn't care less about the thousands of fans who wanted to sit and a lot of whose enjoyment was spoilt because as another contributor stated they are "old gits"
I crown you Mr Selfish.
What a charmer you are.
Make sure you never fall off your moral pedestal Harps, it looks a long way up there among the clouds.

Try not to kill anyone if you do.

We have had Jesus mentioned a few times today.
Now one of his disciples is chipping in.
What do you care if fans big day out was ruined by 2 things, idiots standing up and refusing to sit down and half a dozen morons who should be banned for life from any games.
Sure you had a great night standing or sitting.
We did thankfully also because those in front sat down when I politely asked them to.

Harps62 wrote:We have had Jesus mentioned a few times today.
Now one of his disciples is chipping in.
What do you care if fans big day out was ruined by 2 things, idiots standing up and refusing to sit down and half a dozen morons who should be banned for life from any games.
Sure you had a great night standing or sitting.
We did thankfully also because those in front sat down when I politely asked them to.
I am pointing out the ludicrous hypocrisy of the superior moral high ground that you like to dine out on.

You've clearly stated that you drove home at 100mph, a statement may I add, not a tongue in cheek comment - yet you think you have the right to start calling people idiots?

Only one idiot here Harps, I'm afraid.