Re: Some people

Mr Gallipoli wrote:
Harps62 wrote:We have had Jesus mentioned a few times today.
Now one of his disciples is chipping in.
What do you care if fans big day out was ruined by 2 things, idiots standing up and refusing to sit down and half a dozen morons who should be banned for life from any games.
Sure you had a great night standing or sitting.
We did thankfully also because those in front sat down when I politely asked them to.
I am pointing out the ludicrous hypocrisy of the superior moral high ground that you like to dine out on.

You've clearly stated that you drove home at 100mph, a statement may I add, not a tongue in cheek comment - yet you think you have the right to start calling people idiots?

Only one idiot here Harps, I'm afraid.
:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Harps62 wrote:
Mr Gallipoli wrote:
Harps62 wrote:We have had Jesus mentioned a few times today.
Now one of his disciples is chipping in.
What do you care if fans big day out was ruined by 2 things, idiots standing up and refusing to sit down and half a dozen morons who should be banned for life from any games.
Sure you had a great night standing or sitting.
We did thankfully also because those in front sat down when I politely asked them to.
I am pointing out the ludicrous hypocrisy of the superior moral high ground that you like to dine out on.

You've clearly stated that you drove home at 100mph, a statement may I add, not a tongue in cheek comment - yet you think you have the right to start calling people idiots?

Only one idiot here Harps, I'm afraid.
:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
Just have a think before you post mate.

whoareya wrote:
Ado wrote:Definitely time to bring back "safe standing" in all seater stadiums like they do in Germany - it's not like fans are put into fenced pens any more. All seater stadiums have killed the atmosphere/ singing at football and overly sanitised things. It's a passionate game - it's not Christian book club. I honestly don't understand people who sit in their seat all game and don't even open their mouths. Maybe they'd be more at home sitting in a library.
http://www.fsf.org.uk/campaigns/safe-st ... look-like/
Great post - stand up that man..............but not over the County eh?
I don't stand up over the County in the Hazell Stand because nobody else does - I'd look a bit of a dick if I was the only one stood up. Last night the people in front of me were all stood up and the people behind me were all stood up - therefore I wasn't blocking anyone's view behind me. Comprendez ? (I suppose I did have the option of sitting down and then moaning about about it for the next two hours).
Last edited by Ado on February 8th, 2018, 9:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Taunton Iron Cider wrote:
Ado wrote:I had a seven year old with me last night. He stood on his seat and the view he had was fine (everyone around us was stood up also). He had a great time. People complaining about people standing up in the away end clearly don't go to many away games. I took my seven year old and 10 year old to Cheltenham away last year - everyone was stood up, they stood on the seats. They had a great time.
So you encouraged your children to stand on the seats, something they are not designed for. Tell me, what ambulance chasing law firm would you have contacted to sue the Wembley Authorities had they fallen and injured themselves?
Stop being overly dramatic will you. If I'd felt he was in danger at any point, I would have taken him down. It's called common sense.

Harps62 wrote:
Ado wrote:Definitely time to bring back safe standing in all seater stadiums like they do in Germany - it's not like fans are put into fenced pens any more. All seater stadiums have killed the atmosphere/ singing at football and overly sanitised things. It's a passionate game - it's not Christian book club. I honestly don't understand people who sit in their seat all game and don't even open their mouths. Maybe they'd be more at home sitting in a library. http://www.fsf.org.uk/campaigns/safe-st ... look-like/
Maybe they are kids, ladies, shorter people than those in front, oap's some still going in late 70's, people with back/hip problems etc etc.
Lot of seriously overweight fans, frail fans, one fan going for the board needs crutches.
Ban the lot so you can stand up.
Its an all seated stadium for goodness sake
Brilliant
Which is precisely why he's suggesting standing is allowed somewhere, so people who don't want to sit have the option and don't impede those who can't stand for a full match.

I started the match standing because everyone else around me was doing so. Then an (over-zealous) steward came and told our block to sit down and we all did. Personally until that moment it hadn't registered with me that we were standing in an all-seater stadium, it just seemed a natural thing to be doing.

It seems to me that this issue highlights society's lack of respect for fellow mankind (or indeed womankind). It is the "I've paid my money so I should be able to do what I like" argument. So that's a big f*ck off for anyone of diminished stature, the disabled, the elderly or infirm. My £10 ticket allows me to run roughshod over all these people. Their defence - "everyone else is doing it" - or as I believe it is known in legal circles the Gary Glitter defence...

What annoyed me more was the group with the drum! Amber army, county choir, whatever they are called these days! They felt they had the god given right to take someone elses seats, when the family who were supposed to sit there came along they were made to feel like they didn’t belong, what right have they got to tell someone they are not sitting there? When stewards said something they had abuse as well, didn’t seem to want the confrontation! Standing was a real issue last night, should be seated in an all seater stadium but I blame the stewards who didn’t enforce it, just said sit while I’m here and you can do what the f**k you want when I’m gone, so didn’t really help

The old saying " treat others as you wish to be treated" is very relevant here. I'm fit enough to stand up but I sit down for the benefit of those behind me if they're sat down. To all those who disregard the needs of the elderly, infirm etc, always remember you may end up in exactly the same situation in the future.
I'm not being a moral saint but I do think some who stand up and say it's their right are ignorant to what life can throw at you. Bottom line is try and take others into consideration.

Complete clusterfluck of stewards who didn't/wouldn't enforce the rules for all seater stadiums, it's even on the tickets (which EVERYONE had) that says about continuous standing..... of course this only applies to those that can read.
Thanks to the clowns 5 rows in front of me who insisted on standing the full 90 minutes, the ones behind them had to stand, then the ones behind them, all the way to the top. The stewards when asked to do their job said they didn't want to create a situation so opted out of enforcing a simple rule for the stadium.
If you want to stand then go stand in a standing area, or failing that move your arses to the top where you can stand without making everyone else having to.
Sadly as great a mass support this club can muster when needed, it also has a level of 'I can do what I want when I want and screw anyone else in the process' types.

Reading all the views on here unless somebody can prove me different the majority of contributors felt that those in the front who obviously made those behind stand up were bang out of order.
Case proven.
Basically sod everybody else I'm okay.
If only the Stewards had done their job as their were only half a dozen morons who would want to kick off anyway.

Harps62 wrote:Reading all the views on here unless somebody can prove me different the majority of contributors felt that those in the front who obviously made those behind stand up were bang out of order.
Case proven.
If only the Stewards had done their job as their were only half a dozen morons who would want to kick off anyway.
As someone has already said in this thread harps, in all seated stadia, if everyone is sat down, everyone can watch the match; if a few selfish morons insist on standing up throughout, a lot of people can't.

And that's all it should come down to really isn't it. I mean what are we all there for if not to watch a football match?! If you think your standing up in an all-seater ground is more important than someone less able bodied than yourself being able to watch the game you really need to look in the mirror.

Having read this thread it would appear that most are of a similar opinion, it's a shame that there are a fair few that aren't.

Harps62 wrote:Reading all the views on here unless somebody can prove me different the majority of contributors felt that those in the front who obviously made those behind stand up were bang out of order.
Case proven.
If you go away, expect to stand up. It happens at every away game across the Country and every Wales away match I've been to. Watch any football match on the TV and the away contingent will be standing. I'm sympathetic to people that want or need to sit but unfortunately that's just football in general. It highlights the need for designated safe standing areas for me. Shouting "sit down you idiots" just gets people's backs up and makes them refuse to do it.

I had elderly people sat behind me in block 114 but with everyone in front of me stood so if i was sat I couldn't see. To my right everyone was stood so I moved accross and doubled with my mate to allow for those behind me to see. Not ideal but a compromise.

I would guess that most people in the sit down brigade on here are the older generation. Unfortunately people will stand at away matches even if you have a designated seat. It's happened since all seater stadiums were introduced and it's not likely to change. Blame Thatcher and the Lord Justice Taylor report.

Only 2 points to finish off.
Those in front of me were met with "sit down lads"
to which they did.
Nobody said near me "sit down you idiots"
At Swindon we sat okay and all those wanting to stand stayed at the back.
No problem at all.
At FGR you have no choice stand and possibly get soaked.
Not many away games do we fill our allocation so its not a problem.