Re: Some people

Harps62 wrote:No just the back few rows.
Half the crowd 3500.
Having a laugh there for sure
Asked those in front of myself, wife and daughter to sit.
No problem.
Putting a post up moaning that fans wanted you to sit down.
Unbelievable.
How dare they.
I’m not saying there was half the amount that were supposed to be there tonight . I was saying that half (half of the 7k) that were there were standing.

I was also a few rows from the back of the bottom tier. If I thought I were being inappropriate with where I was standing then I would have moved. But no one made that point. I was only told aggressively to move or I’d be made to. Only after this point we’re coins thrown towards me.

county chris wrote:First of all, really enjoyed the performance tonight, well done the lads, the effort was superb. Spurs, fair play more quality and it showed.

My gripe. I feel wherever I am I have the right to stand. And I’m sure people feel the right to sit. Fair enough, but I won’t budge. I’ve watch County for far too long in the non league and since to want to sit down watching the County.

What I don’t need and thankfully I dont have an awful temper is a fan in a bright green coat, throwing coins towards me for standing up ( I was about 6/7 rows from the back) with others around me also standing tall.

Again I want to praise the County squad and management. Let keep it going as far as possible. I’ll keep going to the away games without the 7000!

Oh and P.S. thanks for the quid. I’ll cherish that for a while.

Sorry in an ALL SEATER STADIUM you should sit down whether you like it or not. They have paid their money as well as you and they have the right to watch the game , just as you. Their only problem is if your standing up , they cant.
That said , I hope you made a complaint to a steward so the coin thrower maybe identified as thatis not on

Personally I much prefer to stand at a football match however if people behind me can't see because they're kids or they're unable to stand then I'll be considerate enough to sit down. I understand that if those in front of you are standing then you can't see but there were quite a few causing the problem this evening through sheer arrogance.
The stewards were woefully shit at their job tonight. One even said "I've tried to get them to sit down but I can't be bothered anymore!". Another said "it's a few at the front but they won't sit down". So those at the front caused the problem for many others much further back. Well done you!
Tonight in block 115 it was a massive pain in the arse!

Re: Fans with low IQ

Ado wrote:If you can't see, stand up. It's not difficult.
Actually for many people it is difficult to stand up for 2 hours non stop. You don't know me, for all you know I'm 75 years old!

Fortunately I am able to stand up for that amount of time but there were many around me (block 119) struggling to see the game due to a few selfish morons in the front few rows, thinking they're rock hard for ignoring a steward.

I was also referring to a group of about eight blokes in the same row as me squeezed into about five seats. I guess they couldn't bare to watch the game apart from each other...

Don't get me wrong it was a great night and wonderful to watch County at Wembley, but there were plenty of knuckle draggers doing their best to spoil it for the majority.

I need a hip replacement so I was constantly moving from side to side for the game to avoid the pain.The people in front would not sit down so I had to stand. I actually moved out into the aisle so the young lad behind me could see because up to that point he couldn't.

Given the choice I prefer to stand in a terrace to watch a football match rather than sit in seats. Given the choice of where to sit I am happy to go towards the back to stand and watch a match alongside like minded supporters.

At Wembley last night however we were given neither choice, fair enough. For everyone to be able to watch and enjoy the game you need to sit down.

Apparently that's too difficult to grasp for some of our supporters, who insisted on standing throughout in the front few rows, spoiling the game for many. Is standing up to watch a game really that crucial for grown adults to enjoy a football match?!

Christ there were some idiots there last night.

Mr Figo wrote:I need a hip replacement so I was constantly moving from side to side for the game to avoid the pain.The people in front would not sit down so I had to stand. I actually moved out into the aisle so the young lad behind me could see because up to that point he couldn't.
There was a young kid in the row in front of me who couldn't see a thing whole game because some mouth breather 10 pints down in the row in front of him apparently wanted to stretch his legs for the whole 90 minutes...

Wouldn't be surprised if next time his mum or dad ask if he wants to watch the county he thinks '**** that!!'

South London Exile wrote:Given the choice I prefer to stand in a terrace to watch a football match rather than sit in seats. Given the choice of where to sit I am happy to go towards the back to stand and watch a match alongside like minded supporters.

At Wembley last night however we were given neither choice, fair enough. For everyone to be able to watch and enjoy the game you need to sit down.

Apparently that's too difficult to grasp for some of our supporters, who insisted on standing throughout in the front few rows, spoiling the game for many. Is standing up to watch a game really that crucial for grown adults to enjoy a football match?!

Christ there were some idiots there last night.
There were some idiots and there was at our last 2 Wembley appearances as well.
Grown men with an IQ of Zero.

South London Exile wrote:
Ado wrote:If you can't see, stand up. It's not difficult.
Actually for many people it is difficult to stand up for 2 hours non stop. You don't know me, for all you know I'm 75 years old!

Fortunately I am able to stand up for that amount of time but there were many around me (block 119) struggling to see the game due to a few selfish morons in the front few rows, thinking they're rock hard for ignoring a steward.

I was also referring to a group of about eight blokes in the same row as me squeezed into about five seats. I guess they couldn't bare to watch the game apart from each other...

Don't get me wrong it was a great night and wonderful to watch County at Wembley, but there were plenty of knuckle draggers doing their best to spoil it for the majority.
Tbf this is pretty much standard at every seated area I've been in at football for the past 15 years, I've got a Season Ticket in a seat and haven't even been asked to sit down for 6 seasons. The whole "lets all cram into a few seats" thing is down to the stewards not doing their jobs too...

It's not right but it's what happens everywhere so not sure why it's a surprise.

Harps62 wrote:No just the back few rows.
Half the crowd 3500.
Having a laugh there for sure
Asked those in front of myself, wife and daughter to sit.
No problem.
Putting a post up moaning that fans wanted you to sit down.
Unbelievable.
How dare they.
The entire of block 119 was stood up for the entire match.

But fwiw I agree people should sit down in seats, apart from the back few rows and even then only if it's non-sold out or unallocated seating. Coming on here and going on about being hard done by for breaking the ground regulations smacks of an incredible level of arrogance, selfishness and self-importance.

This coming from someone who stands in his seat at all Premier League games (basically because I have to) - different story at the County though, usually enough room to move so it's not a problem, but not last night so people should sit and consider others.

whoareya wrote:
SJG99 wrote:
The entire of block 119 was stood up for the entire match.
We were in block 119 and stood up for the entire match.

It was great
I didn't have a problem with it personally, though my mate with his titanium-fused spine and my wife with her rheumatoid arthritis may have felt differently...

George Street-Bridge wrote:The thing is, any of the "I'll stand if I want to" brigade might find they or someone close to them needs to sit at the next game they go to and all others after that.
Indeed. Tbf most aways we've got cat-swinging room and if we need to sit we move somewhere else, and for homes the Bisley always sits which is one of the reason we go that side (that and not wanting bruises on my shins and the view from the Hazell being terrible). But long and short is that the stewards and ground regulations should take care of this stuff if general levels of consideration for others and decency aren't being followed.

I stood for most of the match because of the selfishness of fans in the rows in front. It only takes a few to stand and everyone behind has to as well. The people in front of us apologised for standing, we apologised to the people behind us (including a young child - and so on. If everyone sits, I can see - when they stand in front of me, even standing up, I can't see much because I'm vertically challenged (!) at 5 ft. I spent a lot of time watching on the screen which wasn't what I was there for. Very very selfish fans and utterly pathetic stewarding.