Re: Some people

Definitely time to bring back "safe standing" in all seater stadiums like they do in Germany - it's not like fans are put into fenced pens any more. All seater stadiums have killed the atmosphere/ singing at football and overly sanitised things. It's a passionate game - it's not Christian book club. I honestly don't understand people who sit in their seat all game and don't even open their mouths. Maybe they'd be more at home sitting in a library.
http://www.fsf.org.uk/campaigns/safe-st ... look-like/
Last edited by Ado on February 8th, 2018, 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Any lack of atmosphere last night would have been due to there being a bunch of people who don't often go to matches, and it being tricky to keep big groups of singers together to actually start songs.

Standing would have helped people gather together, but there still would have been a heap of part-timers not joining in.

Also the acoustics at Wembley are weird, the high roof bounces a lot of the sound back but as a kind of droning undercurrent noise rather than the spontaneous energy it begins as.

Ado wrote:Definitely time to bring back safe standing in all seater stadiums like they do in Germany - it's not like fans are put into fenced pens any more. All seater stadiums have killed the atmosphere/ singing at football and overly sanitised things. It's a passionate game - it's not Christian book club. I honestly don't understand people who sit in their seat all game and don't even open their mouths. Maybe they'd be more at home sitting in a library. http://www.fsf.org.uk/campaigns/safe-st ... look-like/
Maybe they are kids, ladies, shorter people than those in front, oap's some still going in late 70's, people with back/hip problems etc etc.
Lot of seriously overweight fans, frail fans, one fan going for the board needs crutches.
Ban the lot so you can stand up.
Its an all seated stadium for goodness sake
Brilliant

I had a seven year old with me last night. He stood on his seat and the view he had was fine (everyone around us was stood up also). He had a great time. People complaining about people standing up in the away end clearly don't go to many away games. I took my seven year old and 10 year old to Cheltenham away last year - everyone was stood up, they stood on the seats. They had a great time.

Marvellous.
Totally selfish attitude, forget away games we are talking about Wembley last night.
Not FGR etc.
Guess what I hate standing up, that's why I sit in the Hazel with the other hundreds that do so.
You have the choice at RP but you don't at Wembley.
My wife and daughter would of seen bugger all if fellas in front were 6 foot and standing.
Thank goodness they all had the sense to sit down
Its the idiots who stand in the front that make those behind stand.

Just one idiot a row in front stood up all the game despite every body around him sitting down.
Had a sheeps head hat on.
That says it all.

whoareya wrote:
Harps62 wrote: Just one idiot a row in front stood up all the game despite every body around him sitting down.
That says it all.
Must have forgot his umbrella................
The gag has run its course.

Harps62 wrote:
whoareya wrote:
Harps62 wrote: Just one idiot a row in front stood up all the game despite every body around him sitting down.
That says it all.
Must have forgot his umbrella................
The gag has run its course.
I'll be the judge of that.

daftasfxxx wrote:Selfish buggers the lot of them, a lot of kids, oaps, disabled had to put up and shut up.
Spurs supporters didn't have a problem using their seats

I disagree with that mate, I was in Block 119 and the Spurs fans to the left of us, especially the ones near the corner flag, were all on their feet mate.

Ado wrote:Definitely time to bring back "safe standing" in all seater stadiums like they do in Germany - it's not like fans are put into fenced pens any more. All seater stadiums have killed the atmosphere/ singing at football and overly sanitised things. It's a passionate game - it's not Christian book club. I honestly don't understand people who sit in their seat all game and don't even open their mouths. Maybe they'd be more at home sitting in a library.
http://www.fsf.org.uk/campaigns/safe-st ... look-like/
Great post - stand up that man..............but not over the County eh?

Harps62 wrote: Maybe they are kids, ladies, shorter people than those in front, oap's some still going in late 70's, people with back/hip problems etc etc.
Lot of seriously overweight fans, frail fans, one fan going for the board needs crutches.
Ban the lot so you can stand up.
Its an all seated stadium for goodness sake
Brilliant
[/quote]

Seriously overweight fans shouldn't be sat down should they?

They should be stood up, doing star jumps or something.
Last edited by whoareya on February 8th, 2018, 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ado wrote:I had a seven year old with me last night. He stood on his seat and the view he had was fine (everyone around us was stood up also). He had a great time. People complaining about people standing up in the away end clearly don't go to many away games. I took my seven year old and 10 year old to Cheltenham away last year - everyone was stood up, they stood on the seats. They had a great time.
So you encouraged your children to stand on the seats, something they are not designed for. Tell me, what ambulance chasing law firm would you have contacted to sue the Wembley Authorities had they fallen and injured themselves?

Harps62 wrote:
South London Exile wrote:Given the choice I prefer to stand in a terrace to watch a football match rather than sit in seats. Given the choice of where to sit I am happy to go towards the back to stand and watch a match alongside like minded supporters.

At Wembley last night however we were given neither choice, fair enough. For everyone to be able to watch and enjoy the game you need to sit down.

Apparently that's too difficult to grasp for some of our supporters, who insisted on standing throughout in the front few rows, spoiling the game for many. Is standing up to watch a game really that crucial for grown adults to enjoy a football match?!

Christ there were some idiots there last night.
There were some idiots and there was at our last 2 Wembley appearances as well.
Grown men with an IQ of Zero.
That good?
:shock: