What a great night

Just got back.
100mph down the M4.
Truly superb gritty display against some classy players.
We gritted our teeth for 90 minutes and to go to Wembley and come home with just 2-0 defeat is magnificent.
Spurs were woeful with their numerous chances thank goodness but we just kept nipping away at them.
Some of the boys were better than others but tonight for once I am not going to do scores out of ten
Its not fair as we were not playing like for like.
Think everybody was there tonight hence no grandstand report.
What a turnout for our supporters.
No thanks to the one moron though few rows in front of us who spent the whole 90 minutes giving the finger and cursing the Spurs fans..
Never watched the game.
Sometimes you think where are the stewards , sling the idiot out.
Back to normality Saturday we need to get on a roll again.
If only just 8 minutes and we could of gone and whooped Rochdale.
3 times to Wembley who would of ever thought it.
If only Padraig had got that last attempt in it would of sent everybody home even happier.
Hope everybody gets home okay tonight.
Cheers
Harps.

Re: What a great night

Jeez !, just got home and though I was quick!..
Really enjoyed the whole occasion , and the players really did themselves ( and us) proud.
Compare that performance with that of Notts County.... if only we can take a bit of tonight's application into our league games.
Looking forward to FGR :-)

Shaunncfc wrote:Jeez !, just got home and though I was quick!..
Really enjoyed the whole occasion , and the players really did themselves ( and us) proud.
Compare that performance with that of Notts County.... if only we can take a bit of tonight's application into our league games.
Looking forward to FGR :-)
If you saw a Red Peugeot doing about 110mph with scarves flapping it was the Harps mobile.

Harps62 wrote:Just got back.
100mph down the M4.
We gritted our teeth for 90 minutes and to go to Wembley and come home with just 2-0 defeat is magnificent.
Spurs were woeful with their numerous chances thank goodness but we just kept nipping away at them.
Some of the boys were better than others but tonight for once I am not going to do scores out of ten
No thanks to the one moron though few rows in front of us who spent the whole 90 minutes giving the finger and cursing the Spurs fans..
Never watched the game.
If only Padraig had got that last attempt in it would of sent everybody home even happier.
Cheers
Harps.

If you were in block 121 then that idiot was doing it ALL Game and sat in the row behind me...I am far from a prude but his language was shocking and I made a complaint to a steward about it...Guess what the steward did nothing..
I understand fans get passionate and would never want to join the pc brigade and stop them swearing but 90 minutes of you ''F..ing C's'' and giving it the big I am a yard away from me almost sent me over the edge..

Great occasion and something to treasure for ever, however, I came away feeling a little dejected at our performance tonight.

Aside for a brief spell at the start of the game where we matched Spurs, I thought we were wasteful and sloppy.

We looked a much better side as the game went on and it was a real shame that Amond couldn't put that chance away at the end because that would have been deserved just on courage alone.

I thought Day was absolutely superb tonight, making several world class saves. I also thought Bennet and Micky D had good games. I was disappointed not to see Robbie have a run down the wings and I thought Nouble didn't do himself much credit either.

Saying that the effort levels cannot be faulted as a whole and I was proud to be from Newport, I thought our support was class.

neilcork68 wrote:
Harps62 wrote:Just got back.
100mph down the M4.
Never watched the game.
Cheers
Harps.

If you were in block 121 then that idiot was doing it ALL Game and sat in the row behind me...I am far from a prude but his language was shocking and I made a complaint to a steward about it...Guess what the steward did nothing..
I understand fans get passionate and would never want to join the pc brigade and stop them swearing but 90 minutes of you ''F..ing C's'' and giving it the big I am a yard away from me almost sent me over the edge..
I had the same in front of me - two of them trying to work out who scored the first goal in the playoff final and where they were sat for it and one of them calling Robbie Wilmott "f'ing shit". :roll:

This idiot was in 113
Not interested in the game.
total moron.
On his own as well.
Coppers and Stewards just stared back at him
I think what we have to appreciate and its nothing against the lads but we were totally outclassed.
You couldn't fault the boys for effort but that most times doesn't win you games
100% proud of them all.
Some played better than others but in fairness those that were a disappointment last night will hopefully bounce back.
Wonderful feeling seeing them out there and we didn't do a Notts County.
Well done Flynny and all those on the field last night.

Harps62 wrote:This idiot was in 113
Not interested in the game.
total moron.
On his own as well.
Coppers and Stewards just stared back at him
I think what we have to appreciate and its nothing against the lads but we were totally outclassed.
You couldn't fault the boys for effort but that most times doesn't win you games
100% proud of them all.
Some played better than others but in fairness those that were a disappointment last night will hopefully bounce back.
Wonderful feeling seeing them out there and we didn't do a Notts County.
Well done Flynny and all those on the field last night.
Oh yes, the idiot was in 113, what an absolute bell end he was from 1st minute onwards trying to agitate spurs fans. 'F' and 'C' words galore with a teenage lad sat with him mind, bravo sir whoever you are, must be very proud.......

Totally agree with Harps62's summing up.

From a tasty Cheese Burger in the Ace Cafe, to the friendly Tottenham fans who were in there who dropped us up to their "Just park" spot. Great atmosphere. Plucky performance I guess you could say - Spurs pressed us far more than at Rodney Parade and forced us into hurried passes and clearances. Properly described by the BBC as easing past us but hey what do we expect?

Good to see Ben playing.

Back to reality and hope we are not too knackered to beat Forest Green. Mansfield is next for me.

I was lucky enough to be near no idiots. So apart from that spoiling some fans evening most of those associated with Newport County must have had a cracking evening.

Onwards and upwards County. We have to ride this wave.

Don't know if it was the same guy. However if the 'man' directly behind me in what would have been block 114, row 16 seat 64 reads this I really hope you get to understand what a truly nasty piece of work you are. That your vocabulary consists of C@#t, f@ck, b@st@rd in the most part and that you attach these words to Jew and Jewish makes you a racist scumbag of the very worst order. That you feel you need to broadcast this to as wide an audience as possible shows your total lack of understanding as to how this world works.
You may not have seen the look a young woman a few yards away gave you but I suspect that you ruined her night. I have never seen you before I hope I never see you again.

Honestly I was really disappointed with County's lack of effectiveness last night.

Was never going to be easy with Son starting (even with the predictable 10 changes, didn't see Rose being fit though) as he was the difference in the first tie and Pochettino had worked out that it didn't matter who was up front if there was someone stretching us in midfield as the spaces would appear.

Even so, and appreciating that players would have been given defensive roles, I thought there were far too many instances of them sitting off and not closing down, or getting back into position or pressing the ball in midfield. We did ok, but I thought we had a lot more to offer - I think aside from Amond and maybe Labadie, and excepting the defenders who did all that they could, everyone else had something left in the tank.

Just a shame we couldn't get off to a better start and put them on the back foot, Spurs looked shaky and their players clearly hadn't played together much, plus three of them coming back from injury would have been tentative.

Anyway, disappointingly low-key last night, but a great run to get as far as we did, 38,000 last night too, won't hurt the budget.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:Don't know if it was the same guy. However if the 'man' directly behind me in what would have been block 114, row 16 seat 64 reads this I really hope you get to understand what a truly nasty piece of work you are. That your vocabulary consists of C@#t, f@ck, b@st@rd in the most part and that you attach these words to Jew and Jewish makes you a racist scumbag of the very worst order. That you feel you need to broadcast this to as wide an audience as possible shows your total lack of understanding as to how this world works.
You may not have seen the look a young woman a few yards away gave you but I suspect that you ruined her night. I have never seen you before I hope I never see you again.
Stan

Expect most of these scumbags were on one of the dozens of coaches.
Somebody must know who they are get them named and shamed on here by all means and if they were on any of the trips get the morons band for life.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:Don't know if it was the same guy. However if the 'man' directly behind me in what would have been block 114, row 16 seat 64 reads this I really hope you get to understand what a truly nasty piece of work you are. That your vocabulary consists of C@#t, f@ck, b@st@rd in the most part and that you attach these words to Jew and Jewish makes you a racist scumbag of the very worst order. That you feel you need to broadcast this to as wide an audience as possible shows your total lack of understanding as to how this world works.
Stan, we must have been close because I was directly behind that moron. I didn't like the racist element of his comments, let alone the effin & c-ing, which was totally inappropriate for a family environment. My 11 year-old grandson, next to me, must have extended his vocabulary last night. Shame on him and, unfortunately, a poor reflection on us all.

SJG99 wrote:Honestly I was really disappointed with County's lack of effectiveness last night.

Was never going to be easy with Son starting (even with the predictable 10 changes, didn't see Rose being fit though) as he was the difference in the first tie and Pochettino had worked out that it didn't matter who was up front if there was someone stretching us in midfield as the spaces would appear.

Even so, and appreciating that players would have been given defensive roles, I thought there were far too many instances of them sitting off and not closing down, or getting back into position or pressing the ball in midfield. We did ok, but I thought we had a lot more to offer - I think aside from Amond and maybe Labadie, and excepting the defenders who did all that they could, everyone else had something left in the tank.

Just a shame we couldn't get off to a better start and put them on the back foot, Spurs looked shaky and their players clearly hadn't played together much, plus three of them coming back from injury would have been tentative.

Anyway, disappointingly low-key last night, but a great run to get as far as we did, 38,000 last night too, won't hurt the budget.

With you on this mate I came away feeling disappointed with the performance if it wasnt for Joe it would have been 5/6 -0