Re: Frank

ComeOnCounty wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:The facts are Frank doesn't score goals,he doesn't win headers,he doesn't have many assists,he doesn't react quick enough,he always looks tired,he has poor decision making,his ball control is hit or miss.He is a big disappointment yet he plays every week and only gets subbed if he is injured.
3rd highest goalscorer this season. Behind the two out and out strikers, not bad for an inside forward/winger
Exactly this. He's far from perfect but who is at League Two level? He adds a different dimension to any of our other forward options. I can see peoples frustration with him, and yesterday just highlighted why he isn't playing further up the pyramid for me, but he'll do nicely for us in League Two :grin:

I thought Frank was pants last night and Willmott little better. I accept that we were up against PL opposition but even at League 2 level I expect an element of ball control, some movement off the ball and the occasional committed leap in the air to head the ball. For me County were all so predicable - anyone watching the first game knew from the team selection how we were going to play (and how to stop it).

I thought Flynn should have brought on Hayes at half-time to see if he could offer something different to Frank, but I guess if you start with two players (Pipe and White) who were never going to last 90 minutes you've already tied your hands in regards to tactical changes.

I only hope that Flynn learns from his mistakes last night. Oh and please drop Frank so he has to do something to get a place in the team other than turn up with his boots.

terry norman wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:This is just my gut(and yes its a big gut :P ) feeling but has Frank got a contract clause that unless hes injured he starts every game

Because for us he was a big signing
That's been my thoughts for some time

Hope I'm wrong

3 goals in his last 32 apps isn't good enough really and I don't really recall many assists either.
I like Noooooubs but for a big man he doesn't half lose the vast majority of heading battles and just tries too much.
I think it's time to give him a rest and start with Hayes, see what he can bring to the table..

Mr Figo wrote:I'm sorry but I simply don't see how he gets picked week in and week out. Poor touch, not enough work rate, no goals, can't win headers. What does he do for Flynny to pick him week in and week out????? I wish we had Rigg playing wide left last night.
Agree with all of above ,And pulls out of every 50/50 ... Simply don't rate him at all .
Don't know what the Manager sees in him ...And laughable how Argus made him MOM !!

Whilst we have various opinions on his abilities a group sitting behind me were criticising everything about him from the start, almost every other word a profanity. The worst however was when he went down injured that he hoped the injury was bad enough so that at last MF would have to take him off. Disgraceful comment about one of our own players.

I remember Poole's dad getting excited when one of our defenders went down injured and he thought Regan was about to come on... Fair play to him he apologised, explained he didn't want our players injured but that "he's my boy, I'm just excited to see him play" ..

Exile 1976 wrote:I remember Poole's dad getting excited when one of our defenders went down injured and he thought Regan was about to come on... Fair play to him he apologised, explained he didn't want our players injured but that "he's my boy, I'm just excited to see him play" ..
He used to post on here as well a kardiff fan bless

Roman46 wrote:Whilst we have various opinions on his abilities a group sitting behind me were criticising everything about him from the start, almost every other word a profanity. The worst however was when he went down injured that he hoped the injury was bad enough so that at last MF would have to take him off. Disgraceful comment about one of our own players.
I don't think any supporter would have truthfully wished Frank an injury. I'm fairly sure they simply wished an end to the agony of seeing someone who obviously can do so much better struggling to exhibit a modicum of footballing ability...

I've often watched Dan & Frank closely as I'm sometime sure they are about to hold hands. If that's just coincidence, if I was Butler I'd be giving Frank the four F's.
"Frank, F**K ofF up Front".

[quote="Exile 1976"]3 goals in his last 32 apps isn't good enough really and I don't really recall many assists either.
I like Noooooubs but for a big man he doesn't half lose the vast majority of heading battles and just tries too much.
I think it's time to give him a rest and start with Hayes, see what he can bring to the table..[/quote
Just said exactly that to my son...
Give Hayes a try, then we have someone we can compare against.
I know I will be corrected as to why not , but why on earth do we not play Nouble down the centre , and have people playing off his headers etc?.... oh, forgot, he doesn't jump . :-)

Try going to Barry Island beach with two mates stand behind your tallest mate whilst the other one lobs the ball at you and see if you can head the ball over the tall lad then run five yards and back repeat for ninety mins...