Re: Saturday

Half the people there last night haven't even heard of Forest Green Rovers, never mind knowing they're currently our nearest rivals in the same division.

I won't use "derby" because it's a lot overused, but every league game from now on in should be treated as a big game.

Seeing as it motivated us so well last season, maybe we should produce a League table with us bottom and 11 points adrift and see if we can get ourselves to safety.

We finished on 48 last season, and with FGR in 22nd we would be on 18 now if 11 behind them... 30 points from the remaining games would give us 76 in total which is usually enough for a play-off place.

Yeah ok, a bit convoluted. Let's just go for 12 wins from 15 and sneak automatic. :lol:

UPTHEPORT wrote:Just waiting for the excuses why the gate will be down because we have a massive game

im hoping 3700 plus but cant see it
I think we all know that a lot of the people attending last nights game were there because it was a great day out in London/Wembley, Saturday also clashes with the England v Wales 6 nations match, so I would expect the numbers to be down.

penycwm county wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:Just waiting for the excuses why the gate will be down because we have a massive game

im hoping 3700 plus but cant see it
I think we all know that a lot of the people attending last nights game were there because it was a great day out in London/Wembley, Saturday also clashes with the England v Wales 6 nations match, so I would expect the numbers to be down.

Anyone that picks the egg saturday over the Port is not a fan imo and it doesnt clash does it

UPTHEPORT wrote: Anyone that picks the egg saturday over the Port is not a fan imo and it doesnt clash does it
Agreed.

What about people who are going to Southampton v Liverpool on Sunday and saving their money for Port Vale away? :shock:

Rugby kicks off at 4.45 so does clash. Seems a strange decision not to move our game to say 2pm, would be the most sensible game to accommodate given FGR is in a popular rugby playing area too. Of all the games in the past we have changed ko for - Japan or Fiji in November, England in 6 Nations and no change ?