Progresz

I came back from Wembley on the tube last night via Rayners Lane. On 27/1/1990 we played away there in the Hellenic League. Last night we played Spurs infront of 40,000 spectators at Wembley.
There is still much to be improved on at our club but to look back at where we have come from fills me with immense pride. A lot of club officials have taken a massive amount of stick in that time, some fair some unfair, but if I could I would thank each and everyone of them for giving me the opportunity of watching the best club in the world play at Wembley for the third time.
My late father waited all of his 85 years to see Port at Wembley and if never happened for him. Now we've been there 3 times and each time I know he's looking down. Always brings a tear to my eyes.

Re: Progresz

I really hope you don’t mind me coming on here - I know it’s your own site and I would respect that. The reason is I was astounded by the size and vocal support of your fans last night. It was a bigger and louder away group than we’ve seen all season - and I’ve seen Real Madrid & Manchester United here. I also thought your team really put a shift in and in the first 20 minutes I thought we were going to cop it. I hope the experience encourages more of your 7,000 fans to be regulars at your games because your team deserves it. All the very best in your promotion fight and I will always look out for your results after a valiant effort - after all we were lucky to get a second bite.

I think we all hope that mate. Newport and the surrounding areas is a pretty big place - probably half a million people in total. It defies logic that we get such small crowds, so fingers crossed we've got a few of them on the hook now - time to reel them in!

Thanks for that spursfan, wishing you the best in your season.

Very proud of the team over the two matches and not forgetting the win against Leeds and Walsall. Shame Podge couldn’t get the goal near the end. Laughed at Flynny’s comment about scoring at Wembley with regards to Butler. Club have done a great job this season. Progress, most definitely.

Spursfan wrote:I really hope you don’t mind me coming on here - I know it’s your own site and I would respect that. The reason is I was astounded by the size and vocal support of your fans last night. It was a bigger and louder away group than we’ve seen all season - and I’ve seen Real Madrid & Manchester United here. I also thought your team really put a shift in and in the first 20 minutes I thought we were going to cop it. I hope the experience encourages more of your 7,000 fans to be regulars at your games because your team deserves it. All the very best in your promotion fight and I will always look out for your results after a valiant effort - after all we were lucky to get a second bite.
Cheers mate, that's nice to hear

I think there is little doubt that County are going in the right direction. But real progress for me would be owning our own ground (or possibly equal part-owners with the other professional sports team in the city), a decent training facility that would be the envy of our peers in whatever division we are playing in the EFL and attracts players above other clubs and an academy set-up that consistently produces players for the first team and future internationals. Dream big and try to overachieve...

wattsville_boy wrote:I think there is little doubt that County are going in the right direction. But real progress for me would be owning our own ground (or possibly equal part-owners with the other professional sports team in the city), a decent training facility that would be the envy of our peers in whatever division we are playing in the EFL and attracts players above other clubs and an academy set-up that consistently produces players for the first team and future internationals. Dream big and try to overachieve...
Again I find myself in total agreement. Really pleased to see Newportonians starting to realize that we are every bit as good as everybody else.

Spursfan wrote:I really hope you don’t mind me coming on here - I know it’s your own site and I would respect that. The reason is I was astounded by the size and vocal support of your fans last night. It was a bigger and louder away group than we’ve seen all season - and I’ve seen Real Madrid & Manchester United here. I also thought your team really put a shift in and in the first 20 minutes I thought we were going to cop it. I hope the experience encourages more of your 7,000 fans to be regulars at your games because your team deserves it. All the very best in your promotion fight and I will always look out for your results after a valiant effort - after all we were lucky to get a second bite.
thanks spursfan i for one do appreciate your comments :cheers: :grin: :bounce: