Re: Black eyes

County Valleyboy wrote:Is it me?
I was watching BBC interview with mike flynn and it looks like he has a red nose and black eyes?
We had that discussion on our bus coming home last night .
Certainly looked like 2 black eyes and a swollen nose . Hope the rumours of him and Pipe having a fall out are not true .......

Corpaboy wrote:
County Valleyboy wrote:Is it me?
I was watching BBC interview with mike flynn and it looks like he has a red nose and black eyes?
We had that discussion on our bus coming home last night .
Certainly looked like 2 black eyes and a swollen nose . Hope the rumours of him and Pipe having a fall out are not true .......

Perhaps he got clumped for standing up all the game.

Bush wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:Does it really matter in a work environment these things happen both in work and out

Let's end it there non story
It does matter in one sense because we have lost 3 matches since the apparent incident!
He's also been on tv practically non-stop without black eyes or whatever it's meant to be numerous times since then...

SJG99 wrote:
Bush wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:Does it really matter in a work environment these things happen both in work and out

It does matter in one sense because we have lost 3 matches since the apparent incident!
He's also been on tv practically non-stop without black eyes or whatever it's meant to be numerous times since then...
I know but UTP said it's a non issue if there's a fight in the work place. I've pointed out we have lost 3 games since the apparent incident happened. Could mean nothing could mean a lot.

SJG99 wrote:

I would be unimpressed if it happened in work, to say the least. :shock:
I'm an ex steelworker and seen loads of fight's in work even involving a shift manager most of the time it clears the air and tension don't forget these are grown men and it's all forgotten after

Bush wrote: I know but UTP said it's a non issue if there's a fight in the work place. I've pointed out we have lost 3 games since the apparent incident happened. Could mean nothing could mean a lot.
Pipe's still getting picked, so it can't be that big a deal even though it clearly has nothing to do with Flynn's eyes as he's been on tb multiple times since.

Also I'm not sure the pub after the match (or wherever it was, I forget) counts as the workplace. I mean I got nutted by a bloke from work outside Charcoal Grill (now Efes) once, I wouldn't regard it as a work incident, though I could have had him sacked.

I would say that if anyone punched anyone else in my office at work they'd be very lucky to still have a job, and if anyone punched anyone else at any of the football clubs I played for they'd have probably got rid of the worst of the two involved... but as I don't think there's much truth to it all anyway this is all a bit moot.

I have watched a lot of MF interviews over the last few days and weeks. My goodness, he does make me chuckle. Probably as an exile I notice it more than most. The man is Newpôrt through and through, you would have no problems guessing when the man is from with an accent as thick as that. My kids take the p*** out of my accent but I'm sure I don't talk with an accent like that! :cheers: