Team for Saturday

We all agree that MF and co have done a brilliant job in getting us to where we are now.I think we all agree they showed some inexperience in their team selection at Lincoln and Colchester with some tired legs and minds playing instead of squad rotation.There is one day less to recover before FGR than Lincoln so resting some should be considered.Hayes and Sheehan have a strong case to start but it will depend on who looks jaded after Spurs.No wholesale changes but a freshen up.

Re: Team for Saturday

Whether Flynn should make changes can depend on many factors, For instance Butler has played a lot of football partly because there is no fit alternative in his position and partly because he's been playing consistently well. To rest him would seem a bizarre course of action. But Pipe appears to have some sort of shoulder or chest injury based on the support he was wearing under his shirt last night so a bit of rest would probably be of benefit. I think many on here would be willing to see Hayes instead of Frank and personally I would like to see Dolan back in midfield so there is some element of flair to go with the honest endeavour we have seen in recent weeks.

Outside of those changes you are getting in the realms of players who haven't played for several weeks. I've always like JBB and he could do a similar job to Willmott but would need quite a few friendly games to get match-fit, I suppose Collins needs to start figuring from the bench at some stage if the reason for him coming in the first place was to prove himself prior to his Wolves contract ending in July

wattsville_boy wrote:Whether Flynn should make changes can depend on many factors, For instance Butler has played a lot of football partly because there is no fit alternative in his position and partly because he's been playing consistently well. To rest him would seem a bizarre course of action. But Pipe appears to have some sort of shoulder or chest injury based on the support he was wearing under his shirt last night so a bit of rest would probably be of benefit. I think many on here would be willing to see Hayes instead of Frank and personally I would like to see Dolan back in midfield so there is some element of flair to go with the honest endeavour we have seen in recent weeks.

Outside of those changes you are getting in the realms of players who haven't played for several weeks. I've always like JBB and he could do a similar job to Willmott but would need quite a few friendly games to get match-fit, I suppose Collins needs to start figuring from the bench at some stage if the reason for him coming in the first place was to prove himself prior to his Wolves contract ending in July
I think Pipe wears a GPS tracker rather than a support.

George Street-Bridge wrote:I think he will want the FA Cup starting team to walk out together for the ovation they will richly deserve.
I'd rather put out the best team to try and win the game. Call me old fashioned but give me 3 points over clapping players due to a cup game!

Bush wrote:
George Street-Bridge wrote:I think he will want the FA Cup starting team to walk out together for the ovation they will richly deserve.
I'd rather put out the best team to try and win the game. Call me old fashioned but give me 3 points over clapping players due to a cup game![/quote

I agree. Besides, they had a 15 minute ovation at the end of the game .. :lol: