Re: Great News!

Willthiswork wrote:To avoid ticket confusion, whinging, moaning and queueing next season the club have agreed to go out of the FA Cup in the first round - they have also agreed with the FA to play that game away.

:cheers:
Thank goodness for that. I couldnt stand another cup run. The whole thing is so messy and hard work. Well done to the club agreeing to this, and while we're at it I propose we go back to the Hellenic League. It was so more civilised with just one man and his dog at the games. None of those nasty plastics and glory hunters.

Blackandamber wrote:
Willthiswork wrote:To avoid ticket confusion, whinging, moaning and queueing next season the club have agreed to go out of the FA Cup in the first round - they have also agreed with the FA to play that game away.

Thank goodness for that. I couldnt stand another cup run. The whole thing is so messy and hard work. Well done to the club agreeing to this, and while we're at it I propose we go back to the Hellenic League. It was so more civilised with just one man and his dog at the games. None of those nasty plastics and glory hunters.
Agreed - also can we move back to Moreton as we don't like sharing with the Egg-Chasers?! :drunken:

Have they also agreed to imrove their communications as well? This was promised some time ago by someone who is now either on the Board or very close to it. The old dog in me just won't let this one go unfortunately.

I tell you what, as you are 'in the know' next time there is a club meeting could you please ask him what happened to the promises made. You can then post your comments on here in lieue of what he was supposed to do.

pembsexile wrote:

Have they also agreed to imrove their communications as well? This was promised some time ago by someone who is now either on the Board or very close to it. The old dog in me just won't let this one go unfortunately.

I tell you what, as you are 'in the know' next time there is a club meeting could you please ask him what happened to the promises made. You can then post your comments on here in lieue of what he was supposed to do.
Yes, they are going to send telegrams to (STOP) everyone who (STOP) gives their name and address to (STOP) the club but (STOP) you need do register for them before tomorrow (STOP), therefore you may need to queue (STOP).

I appreciate that a lot of people have given up their time to help with ticket sales etc for both games - but at the same time there must be opportunities for improvement that were recognised and will hopefully be put into place should a similar scenario occur in the not too distant future (which hopefully it will :cheers: ). I take it that you weren't one of the persons who made approximately 80 attempts at getting through on the phone over a period of one and a half days.......

rgds Dave

Willthiswork wrote:
pembsexile wrote:

Yes, they are going to send telegrams to (STOP) everyone who (STOP) gives their name and address to (STOP) the club but (STOP) you need do register for them before tomorrow (STOP), therefore you may need to queue (STOP).
No, I don't think anyone will need facetious telegrams to tell them what is going on in the club, thank you. Just an improvement in overall communications will do. As promised.

You know, you could just bring it up from the inside. I have tried communicating with the club about this, but guess what, no response.

pembsexile wrote: You know, you could just bring it up from the inside. I have tried communicating with the club about this, but guess what, no response.
I'm not on the 'inside'.

This was meant to be a bit humorous.

To be fair to the club, Alex did state, on BT Sport (Weds), that the club would use some money to try and improve facilities etc...

Willthiswork wrote:
pembsexile wrote: You know, you could just bring it up from the inside. I have tried communicating with the club about this, but guess what, no response.
I'm not on the 'inside'.

This was meant to be a bit humorous.

To be fair to the club, Alex did state, on BT Sport (Weds), that the club would use some money to try and improve facilities etc...
OK, we've established that you are not on the 'inside' regarding the club. Reading certain comments on here I thought you were there in some official capacity. My apologies for that.

My comments 'to others' regarding general communications and the lack of it still stands.

Good Morning!

Also it would be a good idea that entry is limited to local people and not anyone from afar who randomly attaches themselves and associated family members to the club as "supporters "

Say a 30 mile radius from the centre of Newport?

This ensures a proper local fan base and not glory hunting Wembley tourists!

Phil in Newport

Ps. Please note the tone of the thread, I was enjoying it till it got serious!

I think a fair pricing policy would be a good idea also..

Plastics £50
Fair Weather Fans £30
Hazel Posh People £25
Home attending fans only £20
Home and Away supporters £3.50
Followers since 1927 £1
Trust members 50p.

Also, how about we introduce swear boxes ?, maybe have them moulders to look like a Spurs supporter , so the minority retards can spend the game shouting " yid c*nt" at them?.
Maybe superglue on all seats?

I think it's all about making everyone feel welcome :-). :-)

Shaunncfc wrote:I think a fair pricing policy would be a good idea also..

Plastics £50
Fair Weather Fans £30
Hazel Posh People £25
Home attending fans only £20
Home and Away supporters £3.50
Followers since 1927 £1
Trust members 50p.

Also, how about we introduce swear boxes ?, maybe have them moulders to look like a Spurs supporter , so the minority retards can spend the game shouting " yid c*nt" at them?.
Maybe superglue on all seats?

I think it's all about making everyone feel welcome :-). :-)
Any discount if I bring my FA Cup 4th Round (& Replay) Mug?