Re: Accrington

B0mbshell wrote:Great idea.
I wonder what the costings would be and also I wonder how many year 3 kids there are in Newport.
I'd imagine significantly more than Accrington have handed out. Quite a few schools will have two year 3 classes due to their large intake.

Would be good to see the club do something similar, or some kind of community event, to build on the feel good factor around the club at the moment. I'm certainly seeing more County talk among the kids in the schools I work with, compared to a couple of years ago.

UPTHEPORT wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:Fair play, it'll cost them a fair bit but hopefully they'll reap the rewards..
I suspect they done a deal with the shirt supplier . Its a great idea mind
I doubt it. They use Adidas who are notorious bad for dealing with anyone else outside the EPL. I run the Dutch brand Masita here in Australia and I just did a similar thing with Gold Coast United here in Australia. 1000 shirts cost us about 3 grand (pounds) including airfreight and printing.

Unless Adidas has a surplus of those red shirts they wanted to shift at a fire sale price, I reckon you are looking at not much change out of 10 grand. Possibly paid for by a sponsor I guess.

The Adidas teamwear (Squadra 17) kits Accrington use would be very widely available in massive numbers so it would cost them a lot less per unit than the £10 a shirt here: http://www.3qsports.co.uk/Adidas-Shirts ... ort-Sleeve . The RRP is only £15.

Bear in mind also that these are kids sizes, they're in a relatively large volume, and that there's no retail mark-up, with the adding of the badge and sponsor they're probably getting them for about £5-6 each which is a worthwhile investment even if each kid who gets a shirt only goes to one match.