TODAY - Exiles v Forest Green Rovers

Newport County natter & football chatter.
User

daftasfxxx

Newport

Re: TODAY - Exiles v Forest Green Rovers

Postby daftasfxxx » February 14th, 2018, 8:55 pm

lowandhard wrote:From the latest explanation for the postponement I’ve heard , it seems rain covers wouldn’t have helped us last Saturday. Apparently ice below the surface was blocking the surface water from draining :shock: I hope that’s true as it’s infinitely better than the drainage being fvcked! Was it really that cold the day before?

Definitely freezing mate, my wheelie bin lid was stuck down with ice when i went out about ten
User

lowandhard

Peoples Republic of Malpas

Postby lowandhard » February 14th, 2018, 9:26 pm

daftasfxxx wrote:
lowandhard wrote:From the latest explanation for the postponement I’ve heard , it seems rain covers wouldn’t have helped us last Saturday. Apparently ice below the surface was blocking the surface water from draining :shock: I hope that’s true as it’s infinitely better than the drainage being fvcked! Was it really that cold the day before?

Definitely freezing mate, my wheelie bin lid was stuck down with ice when i went out about ten

Hopefully that’s the explanation then, it would probably be a rare occurrence if true then. What may have saved the game was frost covers the night before and not rain covers on the day!
User

UPTHEPORT

The Republic of Malpas

Postby UPTHEPORT » February 15th, 2018, 9:06 am

lowandhard wrote:
daftasfxxx wrote:

Hopefully that’s the explanation then, it would probably be a rare occurrence if true then. What may have saved the game was frost covers the night before and not rain covers on the day!

The forecast the night before was 3-4 degrees but i think the windchill factor took over as i said with us it pissed down most of the night but it was also freezing had that terrible rain ice on my windscreen we live in a dip out Malpas RP is low to the river
User

lowandhard

Peoples Republic of Malpas

Postby lowandhard » February 15th, 2018, 10:29 am

UPTHEPORT wrote:
The forecast the night before was 3-4 degrees but i think the windchill factor took over as i said with us it pissed down most of the night but it was also freezing had that terrible rain ice on my windscreen we live in a dip out Malpas RP is low to the river

....and it’s always a degree or two colder near the river, watch your car thermometer next time you get near the river when it’s cold. Let’s just hope that was it then.
User

Amberexile

Sheffield

Postby Amberexile » February 16th, 2018, 10:55 pm

Pitch at the end of the rugby tonight

no avatar
User

Exile 1976

MT

Postby Exile 1976 » February 17th, 2018, 12:01 am

Where's all the grass gone ? Haha
no avatar
User

whoareya

Postby whoareya » February 17th, 2018, 9:53 am

They must have painted all the mud green. .....
User

County Exile

Frome, Somerset

Postby County Exile » February 17th, 2018, 10:25 am

That's a historical photo - this was taken this morning :wink: :-

Previous