TODAY - Exiles v Forest Green Rovers

Newport County natter & football chatter.
User

UPTHEPORT

The Republic of Malpas

Re: TODAY - Exiles v Forest Green Rovers

Postby UPTHEPORT » February 12th, 2018, 7:55 pm

I would guess the ground staff after the ref called the game off removed the posts Image
User

daftasfxxx

Newport

Postby daftasfxxx » February 12th, 2018, 8:16 pm

Tbf mate the pic doesn't go far enough south side to show if they were up or not just north side where they appear to be on the floor
User

SJG99

The End of the Hedge

Postby SJG99 » February 12th, 2018, 8:18 pm

George Street-Bridge wrote:Looking down the other end of the telescope, ignoring the rugby completely we don't want to do anything ourselves which will damage the pitch long-term for our own future use.

That seems to have happened at Spytty the year we were readmitted to the Welsh Cup when we played a tie against Barry Town which by some accounts should never have started let alone finished. .

Well, at least at Rodney Parade the club won't be at the mercy of the council renting out the pitch for midweek floodlit matches which definitely shouldn't have been played. I hired Newport Stadium for a Carlsberg Pub Cup game in the mid-90s. The pitch was a quagmire when we got there, it was chucking it down before, during and after, but if we didn't play it that night we'd both have been knocked out due to a match deadline.

Quick word with the ref who found a semi-dry patch to bounce a ball on and away we went. Pitch was an absolute state when we finished, how AFC played on it 2½ days later I have no idea, but at least the council made (about) £120...
no avatar
User

Harps62

Postby Harps62 » February 12th, 2018, 8:34 pm

UPTHEPORT wrote:I would guess the ground staff after the ref called the game off removed the posts Image

Its just a bit of fun.
Lighten up eh
no avatar
User

Harps62

Postby Harps62 » February 12th, 2018, 8:38 pm

SJG99 wrote:
George Street-Bridge wrote:Looking down the other end of the telescope, ignoring the rugby completely we don't want to do anything ourselves which will damage the pitch long-term for our own future use.

That seems to have happened at Spytty the year we were readmitted to the Welsh Cup when we played a tie against Barry Town which by some accounts should never have started let alone finished. .

Well, at least at Rodney Parade the club won't be at the mercy of the council renting out the pitch for midweek floodlit matches which definitely shouldn't have been played. I hired Newport Stadium for a Carlsberg Pub Cup game in the mid-90s. The pitch was a quagmire when we got there, it was chucking it down before, during and after, but if we didn't play it that night we'd both have been knocked out due to a match deadline.

Quick word with the ref who found a semi-dry patch to bounce a ball on and away we went. Pitch was an absolute state when we finished, how AFC played on it 2½ days later I have no idea, but at least the council made (about) £120...

Think there was a womens friendly rugby international down RP last year at the very worst time when games were being postponed or abandoned but they still went ahead and wrecked it a bit more.
no avatar
User

whoareya

Postby whoareya » February 12th, 2018, 8:50 pm

mad norm wrote:
daftasfxxx wrote:Image

I have it on good authority that tree was not there last week....This is a fake piece of news :roll:

Never mind the tree - what the hell is George Graham doing there?

Perhaps that's why the drainage is BUNGED up.

And wearing platform trainers? Dear oh dear.
User

Amberexile

Sheffield

Postby Amberexile » February 12th, 2018, 9:03 pm

one up, one down

no avatar
User

Exile 1976

MT

Postby Exile 1976 » February 12th, 2018, 9:20 pm

In other news, I bloody love a pack of Mini Cheddars
User

daftasfxxx

Newport

Postby daftasfxxx » February 12th, 2018, 10:04 pm

Lucky Mascot 2 wrote:

I thought there wasnt any grass left, what is the green stuff on the pitch?

Mark Cooper :grin:
no avatar
User

Beechwood Boy

Postby Beechwood Boy » February 12th, 2018, 10:07 pm

Lucky Mascot 2 wrote:

Airbrushed?
no avatar
User

mad norm

In a Station Lane not as long as Warnhams

Postby mad norm » February 12th, 2018, 11:04 pm

Beechwood Boy wrote:
Lucky Mascot 2 wrote:

Airbrushed?

Basil Brushed.....boom boom
no avatar
User

countyareup

Postby countyareup » February 13th, 2018, 12:19 am

Never mind the grass, the rain, football posts, rugby posts... look at all those seats at the south end. Are we keeping the extra away seats put there for the Spurs game? Clearly the North end has been put back to just a terrace, but as the conspiracy photos show, we still have 1600 away capacity, is that enough for FGR...?
no avatar
User

Exile 1976

MT

Postby Exile 1976 » February 13th, 2018, 10:34 am

Well, the weather warnings about heavy rain have been in place, hopefully they have the rain covers in place ...
no avatar
User

Exile 1976

MT

Postby Exile 1976 » February 13th, 2018, 10:45 am

FGR game rearranged for 6th March.
no avatar
User

ref23

Postby ref23 » February 13th, 2018, 11:37 am

Exile 1976 wrote:FGR game rearranged for 6th March.

I wonder if there will be enough room for the invasion of FGR fans? Apparently the local farmers have hired out all of their combine harvesters.
PreviousNext