Re: Exiles v Forest Green Rovers

Tony Soprano wrote:Probably a blessing in disguise, our lads would be f****d after Wednesday so it gives us a few more days rest plus I'm sure we can only drop 1 place if results don't go our way!!
So chill out chaps, I'm off to the Potters for a few slurps!! UTC x
Exactly that and Swindon, Exeter and Coventry all playing teams above them and Lincoln only got a point last night.

Harps62 wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:FFS it's been pissing down can't you get it !

So what's the excuse for Morecambe then
Calm down Jim.

Its pissing down across the whole country as far as Morecambe and further or didn't you know.
Apart from Rochdale which is a worse pitch than ours last year everything is still on.
Take a minute go on BBC Football Text League 2.
The header shows our pitch basically void of grass.
Could give you a mouthful back but I wont.
look at the synthetic touch line that's what it should try to look like not just a mud bath.
You real annoy me with that stupid reply.
You are the Donald Trump of the county forum. Everything is stupid, daft or annoying.

Chill out and have a day off.

Adios.

ref23 wrote:
Harps62 wrote:

Calm down Jim.

Its pissing down across the whole country as far as Morecambe and further or didn't you know.
Apart from Rochdale which is a worse pitch than ours last year everything is still on.
Take a minute go on BBC Football Text League 2.
The header shows our pitch basically void of grass.
Could give you a mouthful back but I wont.
look at the synthetic touch line that's what it should try to look like not just a mud bath.
You real annoy me with that stupid reply.
You are the Donald Trump of the county forum. Everything is stupid, daft or annoying.

Chill out and have a day off.

Adios.

Init

Hes just a pompous twit who likes driving his car at 100 miles an hour :roll:

Percy plunkett wrote:
Ugo. wrote:Surely there needs to be a re-think on the scheduling of fixtures, playing 2 days in a row whether that is rugby/football or football/rugby is asking for trouble at this time of the year.
I'm sure it was said that all parties would work together to avoid it but maybe with us playing away until end of August meant there would be some unavoidable clashes.Yes ,it needs more dialogue between us and the rugby to try to help the pitch.
Next weekend Newport RFC play on it Friday night before we try to play on it Saturday.

Its not the postponement that matters its the fact that the grass has gone and will not return.
We have got further than last season but its basically wrecked now.
Just proves that 2 rugby teams and the County will not go through a season no matter what drainage or part synthetic grass is laid.
lets hope we do not see the sand now returning.

WHY would you say that Up The Port
Every game apart from 2 are being played.
Its clearly a problem with the rugby playing on a Friday night.
Not all to do with the rain.
Do what Harps suggested go on the BBC Football text and look at the state of the pitch, forget the water look to see how much grass is on there.

Today

Once again the weather proves that Rodney Parade can not sustain 3 teams using it. After the huge investment by the WRU we still have a match called off. Could the 1m be used as a down payment for a new stadium. How much longer can this situation be allowed to continue

Mike Kear wrote:

WHY would you say that Up The Port
Every game apart from 2 are being played.
Its clearly a problem with the rugby playing on a Friday night.
Not all to do with the rain.
Do what Harps suggested go on the BBC Football text and look at the state of the pitch, forget the water look to see how much grass is on there.

Is that definitely a picture of the pitch today or a photo from last season?
The pitch was cut up last night (watched it on the box) but certainly plenty of grass left on it.