Grandstand: Mansfield

Newport County natter & football chatter.
no avatar
User

Percy plunkett

Posts

1902

Re: Grandstand: Mansfield

Postby Percy plunkett » February 15th, 2018, 8:54 pm

We done it under JE and a bit under WF.From RB to both CB's to LB,so slow and tedious,they would push up on us and we would either welly it to no one or lose the ball and put ourselves under pressure.Just let Day wack it,we won't score messing near our own box but must concede one.
no avatar
User

Harps62

Posts

4326

Re: Grandstand: Mansfield

Postby Harps62 » February 15th, 2018, 9:36 pm

Think the consensus then is
Whack it and hope.
Marvellous.
No need for Wayne to coach them.
"Joe wack it mate"
User avatar
User

SJG99

Posts

1384

Location

The End of the Hedge

Re: Grandstand: Mansfield

Postby SJG99 » February 15th, 2018, 9:43 pm

As I say, I'd be interested to know if there's any analytics data out there for this level (and if there is, who's creating it and who's using it).

There's loads of it for the Premier League but the footballing standard is night and day even compared to the Championship, football's an O-ring game and at this level everyone's potentially a critical failure point on an off-day, so it must be quite tricky to build any kind of assumptions when players' skill levels vary so much from the relative predictability of Premier League.

I'd LOVE to see some xG stats for League 2 though, both for teams and for individual players, compared to the overall expected goals data, if only to see how players at different levels score and whether worse finishers are offset by worse keepers and defenders, for instance, or statistical proof if being a solid defensive unit is more valuable in L2 than the Premier League.
User avatar
User

SJG99

Posts

1384

Location

The End of the Hedge

Re: Grandstand: Mansfield

Postby SJG99 » February 15th, 2018, 9:49 pm

Harps62 wrote:Think the consensus then is
Whack it and hope.
Marvellous.
No need for Wayne to coach them.
"Joe wack it mate"


I think you're rather oversimplifying the argument.
no avatar
User

Harps62

Posts

4326

Re: Grandstand: Mansfield

Postby Harps62 » February 15th, 2018, 10:00 pm

SJG99 wrote:
Harps62 wrote:Think the consensus then is
Whack it and hope.
Marvellous.
No need for Wayne to coach them.
"Joe wack it mate"


I think you're rather oversimplifying the argument.

I hope so or its time to give up
User avatar
User

SJG99

Posts

1384

Location

The End of the Hedge

Re: Grandstand: Mansfield

Postby SJG99 » February 15th, 2018, 10:32 pm

Harps62 wrote:
SJG99 wrote:
Harps62 wrote:Think the consensus then is
Whack it and hope.
Marvellous.
No need for Wayne to coach them.
"Joe wack it mate"


I think you're rather oversimplifying the argument.

I hope so or its time to give up


:dontknow:
Previous

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bristolexile, County Exile, llanwern exile, Marky, Micheal, OLDCROMWELLIAN, terry norman and 67 guests

Powered by phpBB ®