Re: Grandstand: Mansfield

Sat in pub in Mansfield waiting for my train
Their fans were expecting a tough game and they can't believe how poor we were
Possibly the worst performance I can remember
Joe Day MOM in a 5 nil loss probably sums it up
Thought we would lose tonight but not the way we did
Almost left early tonight but stayed.
I work with a few of their fans and I'm embarrassed at that performance I really am :oops: :oops:

Percy plunkett wrote:If Frank starts Saturday.........
I believe frank should be dropped but his name is constantly picked out. Every game I watch I'm constantly thinking what does pipe bring to this team anymore about from giving the ball away giving his winger too much space to get a cross in. Yet nothing ever mentioned about him. For me I want to see Reid/Barnum-bobb, O'Brien, tozer, sheehan and maclausky all come in on Saturday.

Harps62 wrote:Seriously he has to get 3 points Saturday if he does its still game on (maybe wishful thinking)
If we loose he has got to have a serious rethink of his selections and game plans.
If he doesn't questions will certainly be asked of his position as our manager.

Seriously, this is the manager whose players have just brought the club in £900,000.

It will be of course.
That's human nature.
Few have already on here tonight.
Its early doors but you will get those who forget the good times far quicker than the bad days.
He is not going anywhere but you will not stop some raising questions.
Loose a few more and that little momentum will start to grow.
Win well Saturday and all is forgiven
I bet the fella will be evil on the coach home tonight though.

Bush wrote:
Harps62 wrote:Seriously he has to get 3 points Saturday if he does its still game on (maybe wishful thinking)
If we loose he has got to have a serious rethink of his selections and game plans.
One of the best cup runs in our history and safely in mid table and committed to the club wby signing a contract recently. Why the hell would his position be questioned? Some spoilt parts support this club fairplay.
To make my own position clear I think that the pressure to sack managers in the modern game is ludicrous.

However the rule of thumb in the modern game is six consecutive defeats and you're gone. Tonight was defeat number four. Okay Spurs and three away league games. But Michael Flynn is under pressure. It is his first real test. I wish him well.

Iam afraid we have hit a poor run of form at the wrong time. And looking at next 2 fixtures will be hard to stop the rot . Unfortunately rumours about falllings out after the spurs home game dont help as well .we have had a fantastic season so far ie with cup run and league position but just maybe we have been punching above our weight., lets just hope our season just dont completely nose dive and we pick up a few wins playing entertaining football along the way ,

Cornish Exile wrote:

Seriously, this is the manager whose players have just brought the club in £900,000.
100% agree.
I have no problems with Flynny but guarantee others will ask questions if we continue to play so badly.
Apart from the cup when was the last game we played where we were comfortable.
Struggling to think back that far.

Bush wrote:
I believe frank should be dropped but his name is constantly picked out. Every game I watch I'm constantly thinking what does pipe bring to this team anymore about from giving the ball away giving his winger too much space to get a cross in. Yet nothing ever mentioned about him. For me I want to see Reid/Barnum-bobb, O'Brien, tozer, sheehan and maclausky all come in on Saturday.
Jazzy is in cold storage,why who knows,Reid was very poor at Colchester so didn't do himself any favours.I want Hayes to start a game but how bad is his injury.Agree with most of the others although Shawn is a impact sub so would start with Hayes if fit.How about Collins in Robbie's role,shall I put my tin hat on.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
To make my own position clear I think that the pressure to sack managers in the modern game is ludicrous.

However the rule of thumb in the modern game is six consecutive defeats and you're gone. Tonight was defeat number four. Okay Spurs and three away league games. But Michael Flynn is under pressure. It is his first real test. I wish him well.
You literally just invented that.

SJG99 wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

No.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
SJG99 wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

No.
Ok, prove it. Post absolutely anything, anywhere, other than your previous post, that has any journalist, manager, pundit, or anyone else indicating that when a team loses 6 matches (not 5, not 7) the manager is sacked "as a rule of thumb".

Bush wrote:
We've got six quality players without whom the side is definitely weaker in White, Day, Amond, Labadie, Buttler and Demitriou, the rest of the squad are interchangeable. I was disappointed to see Rigg and Williams go but we've still go a raft of other options that are not being utilised, either they need to start playing or we need to be told what the hell is going on.

Marky wrote:
Bush wrote:
We've got six quality players without whom the side is definitely weaker in White, Day, Amond, Labadie, Buttler and Demitriou, the rest of the squad are interchangeable. I was disappointed to see Rigg and Williams go but we've still go a raft of other options that are not being utilised, either they need to start playing or we need to be told what the hell is going on.
I'd add o'brien and tozer to that list to be fair. O'Brien been a victim of the formation change which is why I think we need a back 3 with our best 3 CB's.

Percy plunkett wrote:
Bush wrote:
Jazzy is in cold storage,why who knows,Reid was very poor at Colchester so didn't do himself any favours.I want Hayes to start a game but how bad is his injury.Agree with most of the others although Shawn is a impact sub so would start with Hayes if fit.How about Collins in Robbie's role,shall I put my tin hat on.
I don't think you need your tin hat on. I agree. If he continues with 3 up top then why not try collins in one of the wide roles? I'd still prefer not to play a front 3 but have armond or Hayes in front of sheehan.