Re: He wont ....but

Cornish Exile wrote:
SJG99 wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:In fairness in the short time he was here Butcher showed he was fecking clueless
It's not as if he hadn't already proven it repeatedly before that either.
Not a bad centre half though
Wasn't a lot of use to us in that role aged about 57 either?

Exile 1976 wrote:Forget about Jazzi, he hasn't played any meaningful football for such a long time , why would anyone think he'd do better than the players we already have?
He went to Connie on loan for a month or two, barely did anything there and wasn't asked back & seemingly no one else interested in him.
Play Reid then.

Bush wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:Forget about Jazzi, he hasn't played any meaningful football for such a long time , why would anyone think he'd do better than the players we already have?
He went to Connie on loan for a month or two, barely did anything there and wasn't asked back & seemingly no one else interested in him.
Play Reid then.
Is that Beryl you’re talking about? :grin:

Percy plunkett wrote:Just read MF's interview about tomorrow.He still insists players have to show in training, so hope I'm wrong,but looks like same old to me.
To play devil's advocate: if the regulars are working hardest in training, and the peripheral players don't look up for it, do you think Flynn should pick the regulars who've served us well this season up until the recent blip, or pick players who hadn't performed well previously and aren't excelling in training to warrant dislodging players with more experience and match sharpness?

Not trying to catch you out; genuinely interested in your answer.

Kairdiff Exile wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:Just read MF's interview about tomorrow.He still insists players have to show in training, so hope I'm wrong,but looks like same old to me.
To play devil's advocate: if the regulars are working hardest in training, and the peripheral players don't look up for it, do you think Flynn should pick the regulars who've served us well this season up until the recent blip, or pick players who hadn't performed well previously and aren't excelling in training to warrant dislodging players with more experience and match sharpness?

I'm more interested in the fact he seems to be saying that the players brought in during January are not up to the job.

Kairdiff Exile wrote:

My feeling is that training is there to keep everyone in tip top fitness,there shouldn't be a need for players to have to out do anyone or risk injury.The hard training is done pre season.The players MF has picked so far have mostly done the business but some have needed to be rested recently as their match sharpness has been lost.Also,rotation gives other players a chance and they will be fresher than the regular ones who are jaded.It would keep players on their toes and create completion for places.Spurs have had a gruelling couple of weeks,I'd be very surprised if the same eleven or so have played every game.

Harps62 wrote:Think you will find very little if any change tomorrow.
All the new signings are basically not up to it.
It doesn't need radical change.
Play a back 3 that picks itself
Swap Wilmott for Pipe.
Midfield of Labadie, Tozer, Sheehan/Dolan
Dan and Robbie down the flanks can get some crosses in as Mclousky and Amond are two of the best in the air in league 2. Frank just needs a breather.
Last edited by Alan G Bryant on February 16th, 2018, 8:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.