Re: He wont ....but

mad norm wrote:
Harps62 wrote:Think you will find very little if any change tomorrow.
All the new signings are basically not up to it.
So why f@@king sign them in the first place? :cry:
All average at best apart from Sheehan who may never get back to last seasons form but did he shine in a crap side.
Just look at Samuel at Stevenage.
Possibly these signings are no better than some no hopers Westley brought in last year.

Percy plunkett wrote:
Kairdiff Exile wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:Just read MF's interview about tomorrow.He still insists players have to show in training, so hope I'm wrong,but looks like same old to me.
To play devil's advocate: if the regulars are working hardest in training, and the peripheral players don't look up for it, do you think Flynn should pick the regulars who've served us well this season up until the recent blip, or pick players who hadn't performed well previously and aren't excelling in training to warrant dislodging players with more experience and match sharpness?

Not trying to catch you out; genuinely interested in your answer.
My feeling is that training is there to keep everyone in tip top fitness,there shouldn't be a need for players to have to out do anyone or risk injury.The hard training is done pre season.The players MF has picked so far have mostly done the business but some have needed to be rested recently as their match sharpness has been lost.Also,rotation gives other players a chance and they will be fresher than the regular ones who are jaded.It would keep players on their toes and create completion for places.Spurs have had a gruelling couple of weeks,I'd be very surprised if the same eleven or so have played every game.
He was talking about performing consistently in training and not knowing how good a performance he would get out of those that are not making the team if he were to pick them based on their inconsistency in training.

Taunton Iron Cider wrote:
Neither is Wilmott but I guarantee that he is in the side tomorrow!
He was terrible against Leeds for sure, continually beating their Championship full back.
Also in the home Spurs game it was awful how he continually waltzed past the Spurs Premiership full back time after time.
Oh yes those contributors on here actually giving him MOM a few times also.
Truly will never be Second division standard.
Have Tescos got a side these days.
Come on Taunton think before writing.
Just to add he is currently 6th in the MOM table in front of Padraig/Frank/Scott/Pipey/Ben T/Dolan & O Brien.
Agree couple of recent bad games but again why pick on Robbie.
They have all been poor recently and even at Wembley we didn't even try and have a go did we.
Cheers
Harps

Harps62 wrote:
Taunton Iron Cider wrote:
Neither is Wilmott but I guarantee that he is in the side tomorrow!
He was terrible against Leeds for sure, continually beating their Championship full back.
Also in the home Spurs game it was awful how he continually waltzed past the Spurs Premiership full back time after time.
Oh yes those contributors on here actually giving him MOM a few times also.
Truly will never be Second division standard.
Have Tescos got a side these days.
Come on Taunton think before writing.
Just to add he is currently 6th in the MOM table in front of Padraig/Frank/Scott/Pipey/Ben T/Dolan & O Brien.
Agree couple of recent bad games but again why pick on Robbie.
They have all been poor recently and even at Wembley we didn't even try and have a go did we.
Cheers
Harps
Harps I respect your loyalty but do me a favour and closely watch him today. He will avoid tackles, when he loses the ball he will not try and get it back, he is pedestrian and marks no one. Saying all that he will now probably play a blinder today :grin:

Harps62 wrote:Taunton.
100% agree on the tackling.
Should always be played out on the wing.
Never was and never will be a full back

Wingers should still track back and tackle though.
For me the thing with Robbie is on his day (e.g.Leeds & Spurs home) he looks a hell of a player, one capable of playing at a higher level, however, other days (e.g last three games) he looks every bit a non league player.......