Tired or not bothered?

When I saw the team-sheet at Mansfield yesterday I feared the worst as I think it desperately needs shaking/freshening up.
With friends from Mansfield I can honestly say that was the first time I felt embarrassed by my team's effort in a long, long time. Had spent the day talking about how well we have performed recently as you may imagine but never expected to witness that.
At its very best..Apathetic. At worst... do they give a stuff?
How we didn't concede 8 or 10 was very fortunate, Joe was amazing.
Not a post just to have a go, simply trying to find reasons. Easy to make excuses but were they just tired, though Mansfield played Saturday while we had the weekend off?
Love to hear other's thoughts.

Re: Tired or not bothered?

Harps62 wrote:Well done for going.
Think we have heard from everyone now who posts on here.
No idea what's happened.
Think the bubble may have burst though.
Defo agree with the last bit, shame really as we have shown so much potential, I try to keep reminding myself of where we were this time last season to keep my chin up.

Between Colchester, Lincoln & Mansfield they have lost just 6 out of 48 games at home this season. We've had a tough few games against very good sides away from home sandwiched between two hard matches against Tottenham.
No panic from me just yet but we still have a run of 3/4 tough games coming up & we do need to start picking up points. I think Flynny will get it working again. Come on the Port!

Harps62 wrote:Well done for going.
Think we have heard from everyone now who posts on here.
No idea what's happened.
Think the bubble may have burst though.
I felt the same last season after witnessing our 6 - 1 defeat at Argyle.

However, fortunately, we picked ourselves up and moved on. I'm sure we have the squad and management to do the same again.

Exile 1976 wrote:Between Colchester, Lincoln & Mansfield they have lost just 6 out of 48 games at home this season. We've had a tough few games against very good sides away from home sandwiched between two hard matches against Tottenham.
No panic from me just yet but we still have a run of 3/4 tough games coming up & we do need to start picking up points. I think Flynny will get it working again. Come on the Port!
Nice bit of perspective that. :thumbright: