Re: Write us off at your peril

Imagine Jackson had scored. He might not start so far behind the line with some of his own club's supporters next time we need to call on him. Then again...

I know it's like saying if the queen had bollocks she'd be the king but if McCoulsky had come on and got a knock pursuing a lost cause, with Hayes and Collins reportedly injured the only option for shaking up the starting strike force against Notts would be to start with Jackson.

One thing Marlon has done (lovely chap I hear by the way) is take the focus of abuse off other players.
Clearly he has had a long term injury as has Sheehan a Jahraldo and its good to see them all on the road to recovery.
But poor old Marlon has now been classed as the next target for all the usual vitriol.
First it was Ben Tozer (what a mercenary he turned out to be)
Then it was Robbie (never up to league 2 standard).
Now Marlon plays 45 minutes he is the new target.
Before anybody kicks off I was his biggest critic but I couldn't believe the improvement under Flynny albeit a few cameos then injury set in again.
He helped keep us up with his touch to O'Brien.
Had he not been there we would at best be in the Nationwide now.
Give the fella a break.
If he fails then he fails and will drift off elsewhere.

It's all well and good saying give the fella a break because, as you have mentioned, you were by far and away the biggest culprit week in week out vitriolic dogs abuse of him and JMW for months but now you back him apparently he's 'the next target'
Nobody is targeting him, we all want him to do well but the vast majority of games he's played for us he's been woeful. Btw, I still believe it was Birds touch, but, either way crediting him with keeping us in the FL ????? Oh my.

Exile 1976 wrote:It's all well and good saying give the fella a break because, as you have mentioned, you were by far and away the biggest culprit week in week out vitriolic dogs abuse of him and JMW for months but now you back him apparently he's 'the next target'
Nobody is targeting him, we all want him to do well but the vast majority of games he's played for us he's been woeful. Btw, I still believe it was Birds touch, but, either way crediting him with keeping us in the FL ????? Oh my.
Guess what I would like to thank

1 Pipey for the cross
2 Bird or in my opinion Marlon for the touch
3 The fella that scored :wink:

Yes I thank them all.

Its no different than than thanking Christian & Aaron for getting us back where we belong.
They were not up to league standard in the end but certainly in the correct place when it mattered.
Finally of course people are targeting him.
What was Corky doing in starting the thread.

Harps62 wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:It's all well and good saying give the fella a break because, as you have mentioned, you were by far and away the biggest culprit week in week out vitriolic dogs abuse of him and JMW for months but now you back him apparently he's 'the next target'
Guess what I would like to thank

1 Pipey for the cross
2 Bird or in my opinion Marlon for the touch
3 The fella that scored :wink:

Yes I thank them all.

Its no different than than thanking Christian & Aaron for getting us back where we belong.
They were not up to league standard in the end but certainly in the correct place when it mattered.
Finally of course people are targeting him.
What was Corky doing in starting the thread.

It's massively different, they scored a tump of goals (34) including the goals in the final. Anyhoo, Although I unfortunately agree with Jolley not being up to FL standard for us, I disagree with Azza, he did pretty well. First season back he was injured for much of it but still scored 1 goal in the last 4 games at the end and the following season he scored 10 League goals for us. How many players have scored 10 FL goals for us in a season since we've been back?
Last edited by Exile 1976 on February 16th, 2018, 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Only my view.

Players get injured. Sometimes, sadly it can end a career. However you can't make decisions on that basis. If you do you'd need to stop training and playing pre season friendlies. Because we have all seen players kicked up in the air week in, week out with no ill effects only to twist badly jogging and be out for six months.

I think owlsabout is right. You can't be sure when a player will get injured, you can be sure a player not getting game time will not have the required match fitness.

The only time Marlon has looked comfortable was playing pub teams the summer before last. Not his fault that since then TWO not one manager has offered him a contract! End of the day Marlon has had 2 years being paid as a professional footballer in the football league. Good Luck to him I don't blame him for a second.

Bush wrote:The only time Marlon has looked comfortable was playing pub teams the summer before last. Not his fault that since then TWO not one manager has offered him a contract! End of the day Marlon has had 2 years being paid as a professional footballer in the football league. Good Luck to him I don't blame him for a second.
Makes a change from playing Farmers though Bush.

Harps62 wrote:
Bush wrote:The only time Marlon has looked comfortable was playing pub teams the summer before last. Not his fault that since then TWO not one manager has offered him a contract! End of the day Marlon has had 2 years being paid as a professional footballer in the football league. Good Luck to him I don't blame him for a second.
Makes a change from playing Farmers though Bush.
The teams he played against weren't as good as farmers though! proper pub team standard he played against.