Re: Write us off at your peril

Alan G Bryant wrote:Personally I would never criticise a player for being crap, but I would criticise a player for not trying. I have not seen Marlon not try and I find the witch hunt against a player blighted by injury really sad from some so called supporters.

FFS it's not a witch hunt against him. He's been a very poor signing whichever way you look at it. When he put in a few decent cameo sub apps last season the fans recognised this and rightly praised him.
Would love the guy to turn it around and perform for us but in the 18 mths he's been here he's been injured a few times and has yet to register a single league goal, & for a striker surely even you agree that's not good enough. Simple as that.

No they didn't Exile.
It is a witch hunt
The same contributors just continued slamming him and myself for recognising the improvement in his play.
That's why Flynny gave him a Contract not because he is a nice fella.
if I had time to dig out all the threads I could name them all.
Dear old Corky as usual plus a few others that you know.
Now is not the time to start having a go at him is it.
By the way the same contributors slammed into Ben T & Robbie.
They know who they are but it all went quiet when proven they were incorrect.
Just read all the Argus threads and you can see Flynny and the lads know everything said on here.
Flynny brought the majority of it up on his latest article in fact.

Harps62 wrote:No they didn't Exile.
It is a witch hunt
The same contributors just continued slamming him and myself for recognising the improvement in his play.
That's why Flynny gave him a Contract not because he is a nice fella.
if I had time to dig out all the threads I could name them all.
Dear old Corky as usual plus a few others that you know.
Now is not the time to start having a go at him is it.
By the way the same contributors slammed into Ben T & Robbie.
They know who they are but it all went quiet when proven they were incorrect.
Just read all the Argus threads and you can see Flynny and the lads know everything said on here.
Flynny brought the majority of it up on his latest article in fact.

That is quite interesting, I haven't seen the article, but you seem convinced that MF and the boys read what is said on here. Good.

If they are - thanks MF, keep up the good work, just get the boys to turn it around asap. Whichever way you do it, just please do it. Cmon the County. :cheers:

Morning Pembs
In the article he states he is well aware of comments in Social media relating to a call for changes in the squad.
The fact that some players are guaranteed a place whatever which he denies of course.
Mentioned his so called favourites etc
He does state not interested in the comments but sure in reality he is.
Basically reading between the lines he states none of the new signings are up to it and I would expect the same old faces coming out at 3.00opm today.
Maybe somebody can post the article on here.
Sorry no idea how too.

Harps62 wrote: Basically reading between the lines he states none of the new signings are up to it and I would expect the same old faces coming out at 3.00opm today.
There you go again - you read between the lines and then decide it amounts to a statement. It doesn't. It's just what you've interpreted it to say.

Have you read the article?
Its not rocket science is it to see that he is saying that none of the new signings are currently up to it
You have to read between the lines as he is not going to state in black and white what he is clearly hinting at.
How hard is that to understand.
Suggest you read the article before spouting off, then come on hear and tell the forum what he means if you think he is not hinting that the new signings are not up to it.
I rest my case.
Last edited by Harps62 on February 17th, 2018, 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

whoareya wrote:
Harps62 wrote: Basically reading between the lines he states none of the new signings are up to it and I would expect the same old faces coming out at 3.00opm today.
There you go again - you read between the lines and then decide it amounts to a statement. It doesn't. It's just what you've interpreted it to say.
Reading between the lines of course is only a person's opinion. But that does of course not mean that the person reading between the lines is wrong or for that matter right.

When Michael Flynn says he's aware of social media views but they don't worry him I too read between the lines. It is my opinion and I might well be wrong.

Michael Flynn is probably slightly worried by what is said on here he is certainly irritated. Otherwise why mention it in the newspapers? Simply start winning games Michael and the pressure and criticism will cease. Don't start winning games and the pressure and criticism will increase. That is the life of a football manager, get used to it old son.

Good morning Stan
I and sure your good self find it rather amusing that contributors appear to be hovering awaiting for our next contribution so like a little Jack Russell terrier they can come back snapping away.
It clearly makes them happy perhaps its all they have in life.
Counting down until 3.00 pm.
Really looking forward to the game.
Pint in the marquee beforehand.
No team news to report this week for those interested :wink: .
Regards
Harps

Harps62 wrote:Good morning Stan
I and sure your good self find it rather amusing that contributors appear to be hovering awaiting for our next contribution so like a little Jack Russell terrier they can come back snapping away.
it clearly makes them happy perhaps its all they have in life.
No team news to report this week for those interested.
Regards
Harps
Morning Harps,

Ah yes message boards, where fans can discuss and disagree about our beloved football team. The concepts that we should always agree with each other, or never defend our views is alien to some. As is the concept that sometimes we will be critical of the club. No matter enjoy the game. As for myself it's the first day of the season over here. Tonight off to the Showgrounds to support the mighty Sligo Rovers.

Regards
Harps
"perhaps its all they have in life". LOL. Not sure about Flynny, the squad and the thousands of others across Newport that read your little nuggets but your insightful and funny posts do make me very happy indeed. Keep em coming Harps !

Harps62 wrote:Morning Pembs
In the article he states he is well aware of comments in Social media relating to a call for changes in the squad.
The fact that some players are guaranteed a place whatever which he denies of course.
Mentioned his so called favourites etc
He does state not interested in the comments but sure in reality he is.
Basically reading between the lines he states none of the new signings are up to it and I would expect the same old faces coming out at 3.00opm today.
Maybe somebody can post the article on here.
Sorry no idea how too.

Morning Harps.
Just had a chance to read the article. Quite interesting. I don't think you are reading between the lines at all. He is clear that he thinks some of the other squad players are not quite ready yet. Things to improve on there I think.

If the top photo is from Tuesday night, just look at MF expression. I don't think he has ever been captured like that before. Every picture tells a story and all that.

NB. Don't really like the Argus website at all. I know they have to make a living but far too many adverts interspersed between the story line for me.

Dreadful website
Takes ages to open as you say with all those adverts and polls.
Really hate these so called articles featuring virtually every time promises to improve and get things correct when that can only be done on the field
Talk really is cheap.
Lets hope for 3 points this afternoon.

faerun exile wrote:
Regards
Harps
"perhaps its all they have in life". LOL. Not sure about Flynny, the squad and the thousands of others across Newport that read your little nuggets but your insightful and funny posts do make me very happy indeed. Keep em coming Harps !
Good morning Faerun.
In all honesty 99% of the time I am smirking as I compose a thread.
Its all good fun and opinions
The 1% of the time when I get childish vitriol responses I have just 2 words.
Even then I am smiling when I compose them.
Its "Do one"
Cheers for the comments and of course I will keep them coming.

Harps62 wrote:
Bush wrote:
Harps62 wrote:For a bit of fun

Name these pub teams he was playing against.

I suppose when we were up at Moreton you thought we were a pub team as well?
We played undy, Ton pentre, Caldicot, Gloucester and teams no one had heard of in Poland. We could put together a side from our crowd who could have a decent match against those!
Gloucester Bush

Pub Team :lol: :lol:

Were we a pub team in Moreton you never answered being a few leagues below Gloucester.

By the way did Marlon play in all those games?
Were we a pub team when we played in moreton? FFS of course we were!