Re: Write us off at your peril

Just read tonights County article.
I really wish the players would not do these articles.
We now have young McCoulsky stating that we are looking good for a win at Port Vale with our firepower up front despite not scoring in last 4 matches.
Just do it on the pitch not in the paper please.

Harps62 wrote:Just read tonights County article.
I really wish the players would not do these articles.
We now have young McCoulsky stating that we are looking good for a win at Port Vale with our firepower up front despite not scoring in last 4 matches.
Just do it on the pitch not in the paper please.
If you subscribed to iFollow then you would know that this article was from a Club interview he did for that service. Nothing at all to do with speaking out of turn to the press.

Exile 1976 wrote:Joe Day saying we can still make the play offs too. As long as they play with the belief they can that's fine by me.
Hoping players don't start 'downing tools' over the coming weeks when we're safe and possibly out of contention for play offs
The players who have decided to leave may very well down tools. Many will be anxious to earn new contracts.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:Joe Day saying we can still make the play offs too. As long as they play with the belief they can that's fine by me.
Hoping players don't start 'downing tools' over the coming weeks when we're safe and possibly out of contention for play offs
The players who have decided to leave may very well down tools. Many will be anxious to earn new contracts.

Then there are those that already have contracts for next season....

Personally I have absolutely no interest in anything a player or manager says about a match or their motivations for the next one. They are asked to provide filler for various tv and online shows and coached in how not to say anything interesting or controversial, get fined or banned for comments about match incidents, and don't want to give away anything about tactics or team selection. No idea why anyone would want to listen to them at all.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
On the other hand, players who have decided to leave might well up their game to impress potential future employers

Cornish Exile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Cornish Exile wrote:
On the other hand, players who have decided to leave might well up their game to impress potential future employers
Sadly they will be more concerned not to get injuries.

I was under the impression that if you try to pull out of challenges, you're more likely to pick up an injury.
You are.

However if you don't go in for the challenges in the first place you're safer.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Cornish Exile wrote:
Cornish Exile wrote:
Sadly they will be more concerned not to get injuries.

I was under the impression that if you try to pull out of challenges, you're more likely to pick up an injury.
You are.

However if you don't go in for the challenges in the first place you're safer.

Until you get to the changing room at half time. Maybe that's why they've announced Pipe's contract extension today :wink:

To be in the mix for play offs we need to win 4 or 5 on the trot ....... Cant win 1 on a trot at the moment !!

RedandAmber wrote:
To be in the mix for play offs we need to win 4 or 5 on the trot ....... Cant win 1 on a trot at the moment !!
On the bright side we won 4 in a row as recently as January (including beating Leeds), and with the exception of one non-playing sub in the first of those matches, every one of those players is still available to the manager to select from.