Mansfield Travel costs refund

http://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/sport/ ... ref=twtrec
Players make £700 gesture to Newport County Official Supporters' Club members
Andrew Penman

THE Newport County AFC players have decided to refund fans’ travelling costs following Tuesday night’s 5-0 defeat at Mansfield Town.

A total of 57 County fans made the 320-mile round trip to Field Mill with most leaving Newport at around 2.30pm on Tuesday and not returning home until 1.30am on Wednesday at the earliest.

And the players have decided to reimburse those who travelled on the Newport County AFC Official Supporters’ Club coach as recompense for a below-par performance.

Adult members paid £20 for their travel to and from Nottinghamshire, with students and pensioners paying £18 and junior members £17.

The players have refunded those costs, believed to be around £700.

A County spokesperson said: “The players held a meeting and decided amongst themselves to make this gesture after what was a disappointing trip to Mansfield.

Re: Mansfield Travel costs refund

Bush wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:Nice gesture, not needed in my opinion though as that's football, you win some, you lose some.
Agree. Not blaming the club or those receiving the refund but just find it all abit weird.
Clearly they were totally embarrassed with their performance and it hopefully makes them feel a bit better now.
£700 between 16-17 players big deal.

Re: Mansfield Travel costs refund

I went and I totally agree, I don’t want a refund .... this team has given me much enjoyment this season ..... heavy defeats are part and parcel of football .... I know that before I set out.

Ps ....why only the official Supporters coach? Why not available to ones who drove up themselves or have I read it wrong???

Like I said I won’t be making any claim.