Re: Mansfield Travel costs refund

Exile 1976 wrote:Nice gesture, not needed in my opinion though as that's football, you win some, you lose some.

I agree with part of your views if your team gives 100% effort and loses to a better team on the day then so be it but they obviously felt that to a man they failed to put 100% effort into the game and let the travelling fans down . That's the worrying part . They have just come back after one of their biggest games of their career and are within striking distance of the play offs and they have as a group failed to perform. Why ?
Everyone of those players will have bad days , that's why they play at our level.That is understandable and that can be excused but the whole team playing really poor ? There must be some reasoning behind it ?
We played 14 players that night and from what I can gather , only Day performed to a decent standard. The other 13 were 'pants'. Why ?

ref23 wrote:Anyone who was at Stafford Rangers in 1996 (ish) must be gutted!

I was one of the few there that day. No amount of money being reimbursed could have made anyone attending that day feel better.

That defeat was almost on a par with the hammering we took at Brentford in the 'Freight Rover' ( I think it was called that ?) southern section Final. One step away from Wembley..I had the misfortune to be at that game too :cry:

Justanordinaryfan wrote:IMO all supporters are the lifeblood of the club? I only hope the Supporters Club make a statement saying that they have turned the gesture down ? and not put it their pot.

I suppose my real point is that how is one of the 57 more deserving ?
Just my opinion but in my case to attend the game, I finished work at a reasonable time, jumped in my car at 18:30 and drove 45 minutes to the ground. I was back home by half ten. The bus journey will have been more like 4 hours, a very long 4 hours on the way back. I believe they deserve it more than I do.

I do tend to be at matches where we have our lowest away attendances because I happen to live in the North and they are easy for me to get to. It tickles me that when we have a low turnout I hear phrases like the brave 87 or whatever when generally for me, they are the easy games to get to.

Cornish Exile wrote:
Alan G Bryant wrote:It is great the players offered a refund but I wonder what other games supporters think they should have had money back.
Newport 0 - 4 Orient for me.

As recently as last season, Argyle 6 County1.

I was there for that but Plymouth were outstanding, we didn't lose due to lack of effort we were just blown away by a much better side

Amberexile wrote:
Justanordinaryfan wrote:IMO all supporters are the lifeblood of the club? I only hope the Supporters Club make a statement saying that they have turned the gesture down ? and not put it their pot.

I suppose my real point is that how is one of the 57 more deserving ?
Just my opinion but in my case to attend the game, I finished work at a reasonable time, jumped in my car at 18:30 and drove 45 minutes to the ground. I was back home by half ten. The bus journey will have been more like 4 hours, a very long 4 hours on the way back. I believe they deserve it more than I do.

I do tend to be at matches where we have our lowest away attendances because I happen to live in the North and they are easy for me to get to. It tickles me that when we have a low turnout I hear phrases like the brave 87 or whatever when generally for me, they are the easy games to get to.
I jumped in my car at 2pm and got home about 1am. It just miffs me that the offer is open to the Supporters Club only like they are the only ones that go. I go to about 90% of all Away games, but never on the Supporters club coaches.

I stress I don’t want reimbursement, but feel that if there’s an offer, then it should also be available to the other 56 regardless of how they travelled.

Exile 1976 wrote:
Cornish Exile wrote:
Alan G Bryant wrote:It is great the players offered a refund but I wonder what other games supporters think they should have had money back.
Newport 0 - 4 Orient for me.

As recently as last season, Argyle 6 County1.

I was there for that but Plymouth were outstanding, we didn't lose due to lack of effort we were just blown away by a much better side
They are on the 'up' again. Have a look at their recent form. Good shout for a win bet today.

I absolutely do not want any money back. I travelled from just south of Birmingham and picked up my son in Nottingham.

I said it in the Grandstand, felt like it wouldn't surprise me to have learnt something went off on the coach to the match.

Seems like a collective guilty conscience to me. If they gave 100% there is no need to offer to compensate anyone.

Again I'll make the point, no-one was even booked.

Whatever it is that has unsettled the side has to get sorted. Big test for Messrs Flynn, Hatswell and Lawrence and the squad.