Re: GRANDSTAND: Exiles v Notts County

Swap Pipe for Jazzi. Attacking wing backs with 3 strong defenders for this league in BW, MD & MOB. We are capable of playing football on the floor (Rigg was in particular), but for what we have and the direct style it has to be Amond feeding off a big striker playing in the MIDDLE, whether that be Frank or Marlon.

Was impressed with Marlon this afternoon.
He was winning everything in the air.
What we need is to get Padraig feeding off all these touches.
We also need a third creative player in midfield.
One would think Sheehan must start games even if he is taken off later.
Dolan although creative looks so unfit and way off the pace when he plays.
Good point today though.

SJG99 wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:Also, whatever marks out of ten you give Jackson you have to take off a couple for the fact he was wearing leggings ! :shock: What a fanny! :lol:
They're probably Skins. If he's had a load of hamstring problems I'd say wearing something that adds compression and warmth to the muscles is a very sensible idea.
Spot on.

Bush wrote:
Harps62 wrote:IMO

If we had kept McCoulsky and Padraig up front we wouldn't of scored in 180 minutes let alone 90.
Totally shackled by the Notts defence all 60 minutes worth.

We wouldn't have scored with all 4 strikers on upfront because there was nothing created from out wide and it was only a few drives forward from labadie that made us look remotely like scoring.

Armond first half didn't win headers but he brought two high balls down to him and had a shot on one and started a move with another. I'm sorry but that's what I want my strikers doing. I would have brought hayes on first to partner armond. Then Sheehan for Robbie. Would have also brought Reid on for pipe.
Agree with that apart from Reid, unless you mean Beryl - at least she would have been entertaining

SJG99 wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:Also, whatever marks out of ten you give Jackson you have to take off a couple for the fact he was wearing leggings ! :shock: What a fanny! :lol:
They're probably Skins. If he's had a load of hamstring problems I'd say wearing something that adds compression and warmth to the muscles is a very sensible idea.
Compression and warmth on my muscle......worth a try at 71 :bounce: