Re: GRANDSTAND: Exiles v Notts County

That game was crying out for Hayes experience imo. Why MF didn't bring me on I don't know. Pleased with a point against a team that will be in the playoffs. However, what worries me is that I can't remember us having a shot on target or testing their keeper. For some reason we like playing head tennis with the opposition - get it down and play!

Mr Figo wrote:That game was crying out for Hayes experience imo. Why MF didn't bring me on I don't know. Pleased with a point against a team that will be in the playoffs. However, what worries me is that I can't remember us having a shot on target or testing their keeper. For some reason we like playing head tennis with the opposition - get it down and play!
I thought the same. Still , I had us down for a 1-3 so I’m well happy with the point :grin:

Hard-fought point, not pretty but in several recent seasons we would have folded.

The double sub didn't work because they don't look like a viable pair, but if either showed enough to earn a start next time - it has to be alongside Amond, McCoulsky didn't get a look-in - for me it's Jackson rather than Nouble.

Not impressed by the ref but he was bad for both sides. I thought under new rules if a player is injured by a foul which earns a booking, he doesn't have to go off after treatment? Mystified by some of the fouls he gave in their box, but I thought he missed a push for a penalty in ours and some refs would have sent Labadie off for the elbow.

Blackandamber wrote:I wonder if they ever practice short passes in training?. Everything has to be long or in the air. I noticed at HT their subs in in small circle practising give and go short passes. Our subs were aimlessly kicking the ball long distances.
At the start of the season they didn't play this way. It's almost as if panic sets in an the easiest option is a direct ball. Regardless if the forwards are able to win it.

Percy plunkett wrote:Frank came on and did nothing.Hayes was doubtful with injury so I assume that's why he didn't come on.
Thought he might come on but why put him on the bench if doubtful give Collins a chance.
Him, Toe & Jay were entertaining the kids in the marquee so not involved with the squad at all this afternoon

Harps62 wrote:
Bush wrote:Harps - strikers are paid to score or assist. Armond had a shot. How many did Jackson and nouble have between them?
Guess what Padraig was on for 60 minutes sorry but what shot and won nothing in the air although in fairness was not as bad as McClousky.
Jackson came on won virtually everything in the air.
Maybe it should in hindsight be Marlon winning everything in the air and Padraig feeding off him.
Frank will not stay in the middle so have rethought that and it has to be Padraig and Marlon with Robbie out wide not dropping back
I completely agree with Harps that Jackson and Amond should be given a chance together.I have been one of Jackson's biggest critics but fair play he did win most things in the air.The midfield is the big worry with no creativity.Sheehan must be given his chance sooner rather than later and would like to see either Jazzi or Aaron Collins out wide to give us a bit of pace.

SJG99 wrote:
Snowman wrote:Josh Labadie booked today. I think that is a suspension. Can anyone confirm? if so for how many games
It's a suspension if he was booked as it's his 10th (Nouble also on 9 before today)

10 bookings before 37 League matches is a ban, can't track down how long but I think it depends on how many previous bans he's had.
Actually I *think* it's one match for the 5 booking limit, two matches for the 10 booking limit and three for the 15 (all only applicable before the appropriate number of games has been played - in this case 37, and for 15 before the end of the season).

Mike Kear wrote:
SJG99 wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:Also, whatever marks out of ten you give Jackson you have to take off a couple for the fact he was wearing leggings ! :shock: What a fanny! :lol:
They're probably Skins. If he's had a load of hamstring problems I'd say wearing something that adds compression and warmth to the muscles is a very sensible idea.
Spot on.

The gloves to help with his hammy too huh? Never seen a professional outfield player with leg skins on before. Like I said, what a fanny.