Re: GRANDSTAND: Exiles v Notts County

Cornish Exile wrote:I got the impression that the priority for both sides this afternoon was not to lose, resulting in an unexciting match.

However a clean sheet has stopped the rot.
Yep totally agree. Said exactly the same. Looked like two teams who really couldn't afford to lose today and were happy to settle for a point. After a 5-0 always important to keep a clean sheet.

Was a terrible match to watch (personally happy with the score though) and I don't think any players got more than an 7 but also I don't think anyone was worse than a 6. Just one of those games. There wasn't one player who had a good 90mins. I think O'Brien takes MOm because apart from first 30mins he had a decent last hour. Labadie had a good second half but not involved first.

Harps62 wrote:Exile
Who cares.
He can wear whatever he likes if he plays like that every game.
Plays like what? Did he link up well with his striker partner? No. Did he bring the wing backs into the game? No. Did he assist any goals? No. Did he get in behind the defenders at any stage? No. Come on he must have atleast had a shot? No. To be fair he did win a few headers and flicked it onto no one. Basically he Aldridge and tynam wrapped into one.

Bush wrote:
Harps62 wrote:Exile
Who cares.
He can wear whatever he likes if he plays like that every game.
Plays like what? Did he link up well with his striker partner? No. Did he bring the wing backs into the game? No. Did he assist any goals? No. Did he get in behind the defenders at any stage? No. Come on he must have atleast had a shot? No. To be fair he did win a few headers and flicked it onto no one. Basically he Aldridge and tynam wrapped into one.
Give over Bush
He won virtually everything in the air.
Nothing came to him on the ground and there was nobody to feed off his touches.
The majority of contributors on here said he played well for the 20 minutes he was out there.
Made far more impact that Padraig did all the first half and a bit of the second.
His striker partner was Frank who didn't link up with anybody.
Did Padraig link up with anybody.
No because nobody to link up with.
Give the fella a break.
Its tedious listening to you and Corky continually moaning about him and Robbie.

People said he did better than usual. People have said he won headers. Only one person thinks he should start next game and was amazing!

Good luck to the lad but he isn't league two quality and never will be. If he is the answer then **** knows what the question is. Armond had a shot and created a chance. He should have continued on the pitch and it was a dreadful decision to bring him off. He's currently a country mile ahead of any other striker at the club.

Total non-event for me . Has to be the worst game I've seen this season . But .... a boring 0-0 draw after a 5-0 drubbing will do !
That's about it for me .
Shite game .... shite atmosphere ... and , I must say , a SHITE away crowd for a "big" team who are in the top 4 with a relatively short distance to travel . Very poor support in my opinion ....
In a word ... shite

Bush wrote:People said he did better than usual. People have said he won headers. Only one person thinks he should start next game and was amazing!

Good luck to the lad but he isn't league two quality and never will be. If he is the answer then **** knows what the question is. Armond had a shot and created a chance. He should have continued on the pitch and it was a dreadful decision to bring him off. He's currently a country mile ahead of any other striker at the club.

FFS....Sanity at last.......I thought I had stumbled into a parallel universe reading some of the comments on here..
''Jackson has to start next game'' :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Still cant stop chuckling about that one :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
'Robbie was MOM in the first half' :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: another one :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
They must have reduced someones medication if he thinks that or he is watching the wrong sport

Bush wrote:People said he did better than usual. People have said he won headers. Only one person thinks he should start next game and was amazing!

If it's a choice between Jackson and Shaun, I'd probably give Jackson the nod, but I'd definitely keep Amond . That's not to say Jackson is fantastic but I'd like to see if he can contribute at the start of a match. He certainly doesn't need to be singled out for criticism for yesterday.

Harps62 wrote:Evening all
More than happy with a point against a good side.
We have stopped the rot.
Our back 5 played well throughout.
Joe caused a few early panics but again put in some cracking saves
Labs was immense as always.
Ben Tozer started well but faded a bit.
Robbie back on form even tackling and winning headers.
Front two were out of it totally.
McCoulsky cannot start a game leave him for last 109 minutes and Padraig looked jaded.
Thought introduction of Marlon and Frank made a big difference .
Marlon in particular won virtually everything and Labs linked up well with the 2 of them
3 big fellas up front.
Seriously think that's how we start next game.
same as today but Marlon & Frank replacing Padraig and McCoulsky.
Hayes was unlucky not to get a run but Flynny has seen something in Marlon who for the last 20 minutes played really well
Crap crowd after everything that we have achieved.
ref was okay as well.
Pitch looks pretty sandy under the Hazel but good weather has helped and only 1 more Dragons game after tomorrow so think we will get through without any more postponements

Joe 7 Bit scary to start but rock solid after
Pipey 7 Just Pipey
O' Brien 8 Back to form
Mickey 8 Few straypasses but still good
Ben W 8 Class
Dan 8 Cannot fault him
Labs 9 Immense
Ben T 7 Faded after good start
Robbie 8 Back on form
Padraig 5 Poor
McCoulsky 5 Poor as well

Marlon 8 Won virtually everything in last 20 minutes
Frank 6 Didn't do a lot but looked better bet than Padraig.

In general good performance.
Quite enjoyed the afternoon.
Seen better but seen far worse.
Padraig poor? Nouble did better?
Now I know I don't watch the same game as you!!

My thoughts exactly.

Tony Soprano wrote:
Harps62 wrote:Evening all
More than happy with a point against a good side.
We have stopped the rot.
Our back 5 played well throughout.
Joe caused a few early panics but again put in some cracking saves
Labs was immense as always.
Ben Tozer started well but faded a bit.
Robbie back on form even tackling and winning headers.
Front two were out of it totally.
McCoulsky cannot start a game leave him for last 109 minutes and Padraig looked jaded.
Thought introduction of Marlon and Frank made a big difference .
Marlon in particular won virtually everything and Labs linked up well with the 2 of them
3 big fellas up front.
Seriously think that's how we start next game.
same as today but Marlon & Frank replacing Padraig and McCoulsky.
Hayes was unlucky not to get a run but Flynny has seen something in Marlon who for the last 20 minutes played really well
Crap crowd after everything that we have achieved.
ref was okay as well.
Pitch looks pretty sandy under the Hazel but good weather has helped and only 1 more Dragons game after tomorrow so think we will get through without any more postponements

Joe 7 Bit scary to start but rock solid after
Pipey 7 Just Pipey
O' Brien 8 Back to form
Mickey 8 Few straypasses but still good
Ben W 8 Class
Dan 8 Cannot fault him
Labs 9 Immense
Ben T 7 Faded after good start
Robbie 8 Back on form
Padraig 5 Poor
McCoulsky 5 Poor as well

Marlon 8 Won virtually everything in last 20 minutes
Frank 6 Didn't do a lot but looked better bet than Padraig.

In general good performance.
Quite enjoyed the afternoon.
Seen better but seen far worse.
Padraig poor? Nouble did better?
Now I know I don't watch the same game as you!!

Does he actually watch the same game as the rest of us with those marks / ratings ?????

Think this site is a matter of opinions.
A few on here just go off on a rant unfortunately especially if another poster has a different view.
My username is not really me so I never played professional football but I do know in my opinion a lot about the game hopefully.
Feel free to insult me if you want but I thought Robbie was much improved especially in the first half.
Mr Cork says he didn't put any crosses in so perhaps he had popped out because in the first 30 minutes he put in quite a few.
Anyway enough about Robbie.
Lets get onto Marlon a much maligned player who showed huge improvement yesterday.
Mc Coulsky was totally out of it as was Padraig despite his efforts as the long ball does not suit either.
If Flynny wants to continue this style of play Marlon must start with Padraig and if this does not work try Hayes as nothing to loose.
Come on everybody its a forum.
Even Mr Cork accept others contributors views even if you don't agree with them.
It was an awful game for sure but a point in the bag.
Jackson and Willmott do not deserve the abuse they have got recently.
I await a few sarcastic comments but that's my opinion which as every body on here likewise is entitled to.
By the way no idea what Flynny can do with Frank as he clearly thinks he is a winger when he actually is a centre forward.

Mike Kear wrote:Think this site is a matter of opinions.
A few on here just go off on a rant unfortunately especially if another poster has a different view.
My username is not really me so I never played professional football but I do know in my opinion a lot about the game hopefully.
Feel free to insult me if you want but I thought Robbie was much improved especially in the first half.
Mr Cork says he didn't put any crosses in so perhaps he had popped out because in the first 30 minutes he put in quite a few.
Anyway enough about Robbie.
Lets get onto Marlon a much maligned player who showed huge improvement yesterday.
Mc Coulsky was totally out of it as was Padraig despite his efforts as the long ball does not suit either.
If Flynny wants to continue this style of play Marlon must start with Padraig and if this does not work try Hayes as nothing to loose.
Come on everybody its a forum.
Even Mr Cork accept others contributors views even if you don't agree with them.
It was an awful game for sure but a point in the bag.
Jackson and Willmott do not deserve the abuse they have got recently.
I await a few sarcastic comments but that's my opinion which as every body on here likewise is entitled to.
By the way no idea what Flynny can do with Frank as he clearly thinks he is a winger when he actually is a centre forward.

Blame me if you don't like my opinions but check it out , there are quite a few posters with the same views as me.
I have broad shoulders and laugh it off when posters try and have a go at my views...I don't care what they write about me...I may not have played at the top table but IMO I know enough about football to hold the views I do...

Write what you want , believe what you want but IMO if Jackson and Wimott are the answers , we are asking the wrong questions..
Some on here were worrying that Bradford might come calling for Flynn. On the evidence that he had the ability to turn around another managers signings into a side that avoided the drop last year. Yes he did a great job with players who had ability to do so. It was the idiot we had in charge who couldn't get them to play as a side. Name me one player he has signed who has improved the side apart from the two loaners who are regular squad members ??
Nouble........?
Wilmott........?
Dolan ........?
Amond .....Yes but he plays the wrong type of tactics to get the best out of him

MF gave another year to Jackson , offered Jennison Myrie Williams a contract and has signed 6 players he won't play....Great motivation skills but talent spotter ????.