Re: MOM Notts County

Rjwebby2811 wrote:I thought day had a good game apart from the first 5 minutes where he had a mix up with micky, but for me Ben white was mom he will be a very good player in a few years and can see him playing premier league football for many years.
You missed the time when Jon Stead outpaced him down by the away fans and put a dangerous cross in.Stead is an oldie so Ben still has a lot to learn but a very good player.

Percy plunkett wrote:
Rjwebby2811 wrote:I thought day had a good game apart from the first 5 minutes where he had a mix up with micky, but for me Ben white was mom he will be a very good player in a few years and can see him playing premier league football for many years.
You missed the time when Jon Stead outpaced him down by the away fans and put a dangerous cross in.Stead is an oldie so Ben still has a lot to learn but a very good player.
Jon stead was killing us down the right side. He was getting in between pipe and O'Brien then started to move towards white. All 3 had issues against him at the start of the game and I thought this is going to be a long day. Then for some mental reason he went over between Mickey D and white and didn't get another sniff. I'm not sure why his manager was shouting at him to stay over on our right side. Possibly cost them the win.

Three CB's had very good games (great to see O'Brien back up to his old self). Labadie was his usual powerful driving force in midfield. Joe looked solid and made an excellent save second half. I like Dan Butler, another great game.

Imo - the game was crying out for Sheehan to come on for the last 20 mins to provide some movement and creativity. Thought Wilmott was ineffective.

Mom O'Brien.

Bush wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:
Jon stead was killing us down the right side. He was getting in between pipe and O'Brien then started to move towards white. All 3 had issues against him at the start of the game and I thought this is going to be a long day. Then for some mental reason he went over between Mickey D and white and didn't get another sniff. I'm not sure why his manager was shouting at him to stay over on our right side. Possibly cost them the win.
With Wilmott on the left, Pipe was pushed too far up the pitch leaving a huge hole in behind him allowing Notts to pump the ball into that corner.

O'Brien mom

Ugo. wrote:
Amberexile wrote:
With Wilmott on the left, Pipe was pushed too far up the pitch leaving a huge hole in behind him allowing Notts to pump the ball into that corner.

O'Brien mom
Wilmott played most of the game in the Midfield 2 with Tozer.
He started on the left, it is the early part of the match when Stead was causing us problems that I was replying to.