Re: MOM Notts County

SULLY34 wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:I know it's all about opinions but for the life of me I honestly just cannot understand how anyone could say Willmott was motm...
I voted Labs but I can understand those that may have voted for O'Brien, Demetriou, White or even Day....but Willmott?
I'm not even a fan of Willmott but he was consistent throughout whereas others started poorly then finished the game better. Labadie wasn't at the high standards he has set recently and should've been sent off for the elbow. Stead was all over the back 3 in the first half and they only began to dominate in the 2nd half. So there's my reasoning. :)

That's the thing mate, I didn't think Willmott was consistent at all. He gave the ball away numerous times, passing & crossing was awful too, but second half despite offering nothing going forward he at least put a few tackles & blocks in. We all see games differently.......though next time wear your glasses yeah !? Haha.

Exile 1976 wrote:
SULLY34 wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:I know it's all about opinions but for the life of me I honestly just cannot understand how anyone could say Willmott was motm...
I voted Labs but I can understand those that may have voted for O'Brien, Demetriou, White or even Day....but Willmott?
I'm not even a fan of Willmott but he was consistent throughout whereas others started poorly then finished the game better. Labadie wasn't at the high standards he has set recently and should've been sent off for the elbow. Stead was all over the back 3 in the first half and they only began to dominate in the 2nd half. So there's my reasoning. :)

That's the thing mate, I didn't think Willmott was consistent at all. He gave the ball away numerous times, passing & crossing was awful too, but second half despite offering nothing going forward he at least put a few tackles & blocks in. We all see games differently.......though next time wear your glasses yeah !? Haha.
I must have forgot them as Labs is my favourite player :)

Ugo. wrote:
Harps62 wrote:So far

Labs 7
O'Brien 4
Dan 1
Mickey 1
Robbie 1

Keep them coming

When finalised as requested will put the totals for everybody who has scored even if they cannot gain anymore points
Cheers
Harps
I'm back

Mickey has got 2. Although one vote was spell checked to Mickey December
Perhaps its old age but can only see one vote for Mickey

Harps62 wrote:
Ugo. wrote:
Harps62 wrote:So far

Labs 7
O'Brien 4
Dan 1
Mickey 1
Robbie 1

Keep them coming

When finalised as requested will put the totals for everybody who has scored even if they cannot gain anymore points
Cheers
Harps
I'm back

Mickey has got 2. Although one vote was spell checked to Mickey December
Perhaps its old age but can only see one vote for Mickey
Me and countyareup

County ranger wrote:Micky D who was immense. I cannot understand any mention of Willmott did he play? The guy is loved don’t know why he is not L2 standard.
There's still one out there then.
Unbelievable!
Our best player in the first half

Harps62 wrote:
County ranger wrote:Micky D who was immense. I cannot understand any mention of Willmott did he play? The guy is loved don’t know why he is not L2 standard.
There's still one out there then.
Unbelievable!
Our best player in the first half

Harps....FFS up your medication or actually watch a game sober for once....If you think that Wilmott was our best player in the first half then my advice to you is start attending Dragons games because you know **** all about football.
Have you actually played the game before or ever put a pair of football boots on in your lifetime ????
If I were Mrs Harps i would seriously worry about your ' man crush ' you have with 'Robbie'.

Anyway back to subject...What did he do that makes you think he was the best player ? He misplaced countless passes , failed to get any crosses in. One time he was 'free' with nobody closing him down and he still fecked the cross up. Then for someone who I believe was playing as a 'forward minded player' in the side he was deeper than the midfield for the remainder of the half. Trying to look busy but doing nothing.
You have been whittling on about Amond and McCoulsky and what they did during the game and how much better it got when Big Frank and Messi came on , why ? Amond and McCoulsky's game isn't suited to the big punt up field and try to win the ball against 6ft 3 in defenders. They need players to create chances for them , put in crosses for them to attack or put the ball down the channels for them to run onto. Something I thought 'Robbie' was on the pitch to do ???? How many crosses did he get into the box from open play yesterday ?????
As for the subs , I seriously despair that I am watching the same game as some on here........I noticed that Sky Sports News started off with the big sports story yesterday....'Marlon Jackson won a few headers during a game' and that's having a decent game is it ?????? he is 6ft 2in+ , he should win a few bloody headers against similar sized opponents. its what he did with the ball , and that was nowt. He was clear at the back post at one stage and failed to find a man with his cross header or failed to hit the target if he was aiming for the goal...If thats what you want from your strikers then I seriously worry about your footballing knowledge.

Also to stop having a go at you I worry about our managers reaction after the game and coming out with ' I was pleased with the display ' line.
Yes after the pathetic effort on Tuesday a battling point was a good effort but in 90 minutes we failed to get ONE SHOT on target. The Notts County keeper may as well have taken a deck chair out on the pitch with him as we failed to make him break a sweat all game. IMO it was a very poor display from two sides in the top 12 of the league.
Neither side had one player who was willing to put their foot on the ball and play the ball on the ground. Its seems they are taught to 'put a boot through it' and 'get the ball foward 'quickly rather than get it down , play it on the floor and get crosses in for your front man.
i was brought up watching what I classed as decent football with the likes of John Robertson , our own Kevin Moore , Steve Lowndes being used as wingers who could take a man on , get down to the byline and get decent crosses in for the forwards to attack. players like Vaughan and bailey who would get stuck in , win the ball and play it simple, not fly hack it over your head to ?????? to chase. What do we get now? Countless times the ball goes forward and the players first thought is to turn the way the ball has come from and give it back to the full back to swing in a cross from the half way line because they havent got the ability , confidence or know hom to take a man on.

Perhaps he watches the game from the Marquee ???

I believe he attends games but he must either leave early or drive like a blooming idiot so he can get on here and post his views before anyone with any knowledge of the game can pick his views apart.
Anyone watching that game yesterday surely doesn't believe that Wimott had a good first half and Jackson is the new Messi because he won a few headers and believe what they post ?????
If they do I seriously worry about their footballing knowledge...

I cringe at games when you hear some of the abuse some of our fans shout at opposition players. Some idiot at Wembley stood 5 yards away from me was abusing Ali of Spurs and questioning his ability...You know the one who is paid £100k plus a week , a regular starter in a Premier side and an English International......Yeah he's crap isn't he ????? According to the idiots shouts he was :lol:
Yesterday the same guy was having a pop at the Notts County full back, who I thought was one of the better players on the pitch...These people are allowed to walk the streets the same as you and I....Care In The Community I think they call it nowadays.....Obviously works doesn't it ??

Good morning everybody.
Thank you for all the insults on a rainy Newport morning.
A little about myself Corky.
I am getting on for 69 and have attended games since 1954 then on my dear fathers shoulders who at 96 still follows the lads via his Argus etc and myself.
Not sure if playing the game has to be qualification for contributing to the site but for many years I did play Newport and District at a decent park level.
I do attend virtually every home game but have never left before the final whistle and try to get to away games also not just Wembley.
I put my reports on as soon as I get in because I love the County and I love contributing to the site.
Yes its only my opinion but Robbie had a good first half and Marlons cameo was excellent.
That's all I can tell you about my footballing knowledge
Thankfully I do not take any medications and despite watching Wales in Internationals have only once actually watched the Dragons play in hospitality thanks to a very good mate of mine who also attends every County home game.
Some are clearly not happy with the type of game Flynny is organising but we are dpoing pretty well.
If he wants to pick Robbie every weel like myself he has clearly lost the plot also, maybe he is on medication.
How dare he pick Marlon also, what manager would do such a thing.
As regards my report of course its about opinions and those are just mine.
Feel free to disagree even insult me if you want to but why not do your own then maybe we can comment on your views as well.
This is not just for Corky, Bush even Stav or Exile.
The insults are ruining this site and I am as guilty for some of them.
No more from me but if those out there want to continue to do so not a lot I can do about it.
If anybody wants to say hello at the games or come up and insult me feel free just look out for the blue baseball cap with the big D on the front (that's another story)
Here's hoping it will be to say hello.
Cheers
Harps.

Apologies for going off thread once again but its so easy to slip.

Latest update to follow.