Re: Going Down

neilcork68 wrote:
ref23 wrote:750-1? I reckon Neil cork will have 100 quid on that.

No I wont be taking your advice as I am of 'sound mind ' thanks
We have more chance of going down this year than reaching the play offs so why dont you invest your cash on us reaching the play offs and waste £100 ? :roll: :roll:
Not sure about that.

With 33 games gone we are averaging 1.4 points per game. We are 6 points off the team in 7th place for the play offs. We are 20 points ahead of the team in 23rd who are in the relegation place at the moment.

I would suggest that we are probably heading now for between 10th and 12th. More of a chance of reaching the play offs than going down for me. Probably unlikely but more so than going down. Got to turn things around though.

pembsexile wrote:
neilcork68 wrote:
ref23 wrote:750-1? I reckon Neil cork will have 100 quid on that.

No I wont be taking your advice as I am of 'sound mind ' thanks
We have more chance of going down this year than reaching the play offs so why dont you invest your cash on us reaching the play offs and waste £100 ? :roll: :roll:
Not sure about that.

With 33 games gone we are averaging 1.4 points per game. We are 6 points off the team in 7th place for the play offs. We are 20 points ahead of the team in 23rd who are in the relegation place at the moment.

I would suggest that we are probably heading now for between 10th and 12th. More of a chance of reaching the play offs than going down for me. Probably unlikely but more so than going down. Got to turn things around though.

Big games apart if you have seen us play recently we have ZERO chance of reaching the play offs IMO....Our football at times has been 'dire' and that's complimenting us.
I think we have too many points on board to even be worried about a relegation battle but the play offs are just a PIPE DREAM given our performances regardless of what MF says to the press.
We are so predictable in our play recently its painful to watch..get withing 40 yards of the goal and its a long throw seems to be our main attacking threat/hope . Its good to have the threat of a long throw but as your main threat because we very rarely produce any decent crosses in open play ??????
Never mind we have Marlon back now so it may all change. he won every header yesterday , dont you know. The ball went to nobody but he won them and deserves to start according to some on here :lol: :lol:

Exile 1976 wrote:Westley struggling with his 'ingredients' at Barnet...... took over 4pts from safety they're now 6pts with teams above the zone with game(s) in hand.

Big job for him to keep them up, just can't see it happening though.

As many know, I only look at the table based on the number of points taken per game, and inflated over a full season, which means games in hand are taken care of.
As it stands, currently, I have the bottom of the table finishing like this:

18 Grimsby Town............49
19 Port Vale....................47
20 Morecambe................46
21 Forest G R.................46
22 Crewe Alex................45
23 CHESTERFIELD.......38
24 BARNET....................35

So as it is, Westley needs to find 3 wins and a draw's worth of extra points over the rest of the season, JUST to get out of the drop zone.
In my opinion, the drop zone is starting to look fairly close to being fixed, with both Chesterfield & Barnet perhaps eventually being relegated by 10 or more points each.