Re: Players needed

County ranger wrote:
Harps62 wrote:Which 3?

Obviously my mate Robbie who are the other 2 you are not happy with?
Harps I think you are one of the few that think Willmott is a L2 player- with a few exceptions he has been woeful all season. TOE not up to it and Reynolds has a lot to do to prove otherwise.
Was asking Corky.

Exile 1976 wrote:Two big wage earners off our books this month, are we bringing an unattached player in?

No we are buying the players flip flops as most are playing like they are on holiday already...10 of them already have contracts for next season...We aren't going down and the play offs are just a dream

County ranger wrote:
Harps62 wrote:Which 3?

Obviously my mate Robbie who are the other 2 you are not happy with?
Harps I think you are one of the few that think Willmott is a L2 player- with a few exceptions he has been woeful all season. TOE not up to it and Reynolds has a lot to do to prove otherwise.

County Ranger , don't you know I'm the only one allowed to criticise 'Robbie' on here :lol:

Harps won't like you if you tell it as it is :wink:

neilcork68 wrote:I will reply but as others have already pointed out its Wilmott , TOE and Reynolds.

See I'm not the only one who holds the views about some of our players....
That makes 2 of you.
Guess what Robbie has been poor every time Flynny puts him back into midfield.
Every time he has stayed out on the right wing he has been splendid.
Who's fault is that certainly not Robbies.
Cheers.

Harps62 wrote:
neilcork68 wrote:I will reply but as others have already pointed out its Wilmott , TOE and Reynolds.

That makes 2 of you.
Cheers.
His better games have been out wide I would agree but I still remain to be convinced even in that position - one or two good crosses tend to get people excited - for me a winger should be doing that all game!!

County ranger wrote:
Harps62 wrote:

That makes 2 of you.
Cheers.
His better games have been out wide I would agree but I still remain to be convinced even in that position - one or two good crosses tend to get people excited - for me a winger should be doing that all game!!
Tell that to the Leeds defender and the Spurs full back at RP.
Never up to league 2 standard
Fella is totally crap.
Doing that all game is a fair comment but unfortunately when the ball gets hoofed up the middle every time its a bit hard for the winger to beat his man and cross the ball.
Maybe if he pretended there was a ball in the vicinity he might look like a league 2 player.
Just makes me laugh.

County ranger wrote: His better games have been out wide I would agree but I still remain to be convinced even in that position - one or two good crosses tend to get people excited - for me a winger should be doing that all game!!
I think his crossing is actually one of the weakest parts of his game, frequent scuffed bobbles into the box even with space and time. He's been unfairly criticised on the occasions when his primary role is preventing teams attacking Pipe though.

Daft thing is he gets slammed every week and has got more points on MOM than even Padraig has.
Think Padraig may have played more games.
Also the likes of Pipey, Ben T, Frank, Dolan & Scott.
All played as many games or near enough.
Every club forum has their favourites to get slammed.
It was Ben T then Robbie now Frank.
That's life.

Harps62 wrote:Daft thing is he gets slammed every week and has got more points on MOM than even Padraig has.
Think Padraig may have played more games.
Also the likes of Pipey, Ben T, Frank, Dolan & Scott.
All played as many games or near enough.
Every club forum has their favourites to get slammed.
It was Ben T then Robbie now Frank.
That's life.

Apart from a few weeks where he did well he has been dreadful most of the season, irrelevant of where he has played in the side.....Not just my words , the views of loads of other posters and fans at games.
People like you have still voted for him so that's where he gets his accolades from...
You say he has been better than Amond , as an example . I and many disagree . Amond works his nuts off during games but gets 'dire service' by the tactics MF uses and the fact that 'golden boy Robbie' isn't giving him any decent crosses , decent balls behind the opposition defence to run on to etc. Isn't that Wimotts job in the side ? If its not I can't see what else he is in the side to do . He won't tackle , can't defend and his dead ball service is poor

"People like you"
What the f*** do you mean by that?
Guess what I think I have voted for him once as MOM when he was as agreed by the majority on here.
Come to the supporters meeting and tell me what "people like me means"
Look forward to having a chat.
Then you can ask Flynny about your concerns.
Will have the £20 cheque ready for you.

Last season when Michael Flynn took over there was a limited number of players and options. This year with more options Flynn's job is much harder. Squad rotation, working out which players suit the style of other players, is a difficult job. It is not Flynn's fault that he lacks experience. Whether he is good enough to develop these skills will be discovered next season.

About this time two years ago we were in exactly the same position as we are now. Warren Feeney chose not to experiment. I hope Flynn does not make the same mistake.