Re: Players needed

neilcork68 wrote:
SULLY34 wrote:Akinde in from Barnet to partner Amond. Release Bennett, Jazzi, TOE, Nouble, Hayes, Jackson, Tozer.

OH OH now youve done it..............Jackson released... :lol:
Only because he's injury prone. If he's on a few hundred pound a week Flynny may keep him.

neilcork68 wrote:
countymadbel wrote:Flynny is already thinking like most managers hence Ireland. So what players would you release and what players would you like to bring in? Just a bit of fun
Keep

Day
O'Brien
Demetriou
Butler
Tozer
Labadie
Amond
Sheehan

The rest let go
:lol: :lol: :lol:

neilcork68 wrote:
countymadbel wrote:Flynny is already thinking like most managers hence Ireland. So what players would you release and what players would you like to bring in? Just a bit of fun
Keep

Day
O'Brien
Demetriou
Butler
Tozer
Labadie
Amond
Sheehan

The rest let go
Easier said than done. Matt Dolan, Robbie willmott and Tom Owen-Evans are all on 2 year contracts.There are probably others I am unaware of.

We've got a good core but also a few players seemingly not up to FL standard .
However, with our budget if we're looking for a huge squad like we currently have we will inevitably have some players that are not up to it on the books.
Squad needs trimming and have a smallish squad filled with quality.

Michael Flynn did a great job of saving us last year with a squad of players he inherited from Graham Westley . Nobody can deny that fact, or is doing so.
The vast majority of those players are still the main core of the team. Apart from the two loan players we brought in from Brighton and Bristol City and Amond has he signed anyone who has made the team improve that much ? Hence we are where we are in the League
The form we had since he took over last season was very similar to this seasons form. Yes he has done very well beating the drop last year and guiding the side to the FA Cup run this season and brought in a very large sum of money into the club but any talk of him being 'one of the most successful managers since Ashurst and Addison' is very premature in my views.

His management inexperience may also cost the club money by offering certain players 2 year contracts who IMO aren't good enough so we are stuck with them for another season.
In Football League Division 2 there aren't that many players who have two year contracts offered when they sign unless they are 'special players ' who the clubs think they can make money on in the future. have we any of them ?
There has been many debates on here about MF offering Wilmott a two year contract to sign for us when he was in the footballing wilderness of part time non league football. Was that a wise move ?????
The Footballing world is a very fickle business and if MF had a run of 10 defeats in a row there would be many many calls for him to be replaced, surely nobody would deny that fact. if it were to happen the club would then be left with players on the books we couldnt shift that IMO arent good enough. MF took a gamble with him because he knows him from a few years ago but giving him a two year contract ????

Those are a few reasons why he is nowhere near Addison and Ashurts level yet, IMO

Cornish Exile wrote:
neilcork68 wrote:
Keep

Day
O'Brien
Demetriou
Butler
Tozer
Labadie
Amond
Sheehan

The rest let go
Easier said than done. Matt Dolan, Robbie willmott and Tom Owen-Evans are all on 2 year contracts.There are probably others I am unaware of.

I realise that but they are the only players we have that IMO are up to League 2 standard

Exile 1976 wrote:We've got a good core but also a few players seemingly not up to FL standard .
However, with our budget if we're looking for a huge squad like we currently have we will inevitably have some players that are not up to it on the books.
Squad needs trimming and have a smallish squad filled with quality.
I wouldn't say we have a huge squad, not by other teams standards.

How many would you say we should have, as any fewer and we would struggle to field a full team sometimes.

neilcork68 wrote:
Cornish Exile wrote:
neilcork68 wrote:Keep

Day
O'Brien
Demetriou
Butler
Tozer
Labadie
Amond
Sheehan

The rest let go

I realise that but they are the only players we have that IMO are up to League 2 standard
So we have 8 players that are good enough for League 2 but sit in 12th place, 10 places higher than our last two seasons? Flynn really is a miracle worker.

I'd look to keep most of the first XI, provided wage demands aren't to extreme, and look to improve on those.
Last edited by DT1892 on February 18th, 2018, 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

neilcork68 wrote:Michael Flynn did a great job of saving us last year with a squad of players he inherited from Graham Westley . Nobody can deny that fact, or is doing so.
The vast majority of those players are still the main core of the team. Apart from the two loan players we brought in from Brighton and Bristol City and Amond has he signed anyone who has made the team improve that much ? Hence we are where we are in the League
The form we had since he took over last season was very similar to this seasons form. Yes he has done very well beating the drop last year and guiding the side to the FA Cup run this season and brought in a very large sum of money into the club but any talk of him being 'one of the most successful managers since Ashurst and Addison' is very premature in my views.

His management inexperience may also cost the club money by offering certain players 2 year contracts who IMO aren't good enough so we are stuck with them for another season.
In Football League Division 2 there aren't that many players who have two year contracts offered when they sign unless they are 'special players ' who the clubs think they can make money on in the future. have we any of them ?
There has been many debates on here about MF offering Wilmott a two year contract to sign for us when he was in the footballing wilderness of part time non league football. Was that a wise move ?????
The Footballing world is a very fickle business and if MF had a run of 10 defeats in a row there would be many many calls for him to be replaced, surely nobody would deny that fact. if it were to happen the club would then be left with players on the books we couldnt shift that IMO arent good enough. MF took a gamble with him because he knows him from a few years ago but giving him a two year contract ????

Those are a few reasons why he is nowhere near Addison and Ashurts level yet, IMO
All of the above surely begs the statement, that's what Lenny is there for, to provide some experience for Flynn to fall back on.

neilcork68 wrote:Michael Flynn did a great job of saving us last year with a squad of players he inherited from Graham Westley . Nobody can deny that fact, or is doing so.

I rem

All managers make good and poor decisions when signing players. I remember Ashurst spending £140,000 on Waddle and Johnson. How much would that be in to-day's money?