Re: You can stick your technology

UPTHEPORT wrote:
B0mbshell wrote:It is broke though. There are wrong decisions every week. VAR isn't where it should be but it's in a trial period. It was offside, The Ref was going to give the goal so the VAR called it right. Offside
No it was level in my opinion no one would have complained if that goal was given

typical ref :wink: getting it wrong

neilcork68 wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:
B0mbshell wrote:It is broke though. There are wrong decisions every week. VAR isn't where it should be but it's in a trial period. It was offside, The Ref was going to give the goal so the VAR called it right. Offside
No it was level in my opinion no one would have complained if that goal was given

typical ref :wink: getting it wrong
An old Football league ref from Newport Cliff Kingston once told me he Refed George Best who said to him Ref that wasn't a goal Cliff turned to him George check tomorrow's papers you will find it was :grin:

penycwm county wrote:
Marky wrote:Those lines were drawn during one of the earthquake aftershocks.
they weren't in line with the penalty area either
They also weren't the lines used by the VAR official to review it, but they couldn't have made it look worse if they'd tried.

I'm completely against it, it doesn't clarify anything and completely ruins the atmosphere and flow of the game, plus I don't want football to be a game run by people who need tv coverage to make reasonable decisions.

The implementation has been worse than anyone could have imagined, and I still haven't seen anyone explain how there isn't a VAR review for a penalty at every single corner of the match, because there's at least one foul every time.

George Street-Bridge wrote:I wonder if we might be being softened up for ad breaks during live TV games. They will decide it can't be done on the hoof so we'll need a brief interval, sponsored by [insert name of gambling firm].

In Australian RL every video ref decision is shown on a board with the name of a major retailer.
Even the US only runs ads under the match clock in the corner of the screen, we'll be fine.

Lucky Mascot 2 wrote:I think the introduction of technology is a good thing to help refs make the right decision. In this case the lines drawn by a 6 year old werent the ones used to determine whether it was offside.
What I would like to see introduced at our level is the option of subbbing the ref at half time when they are having a stinker. This would be voted on by ref assessor and two managers.
How's that going to work? Demote him to 4th Official? :shock: