Re: gavin leaving

Yes I did write several emails to various people at the club and I did tell them that I have held a Blue Badge for over six or seven years and I did ask why when having made sure made sure each pre season to ascertain that my car was "booked in" for inclusion on a first come basis for the up coming season, as per the gatemans advice, was NO MENTION of the change in the Parking rule, given when I paid £250 for the Season Ticket, until AFTER the second home match, when I was instructed to see some woman who told me that not only would I NOT be allowed to park inside the ground-- neither would I be allowed to park at Maindee school ?? Is that how one is expected to be treated after buying shares, and having set up £10 per month donation(which I cancelled after the third one) as well as buying in the club shop match day programmes every match teas and 50/50 draw tickets too. I did ask for a refund for my S/Ticket--but , "you'll have to speak to someone else"....Oh yes, I am a member of the Trust Number263... and a supporter since 1950, Full Stop !! Bob Bassett

Bob .
You clearly didn't listen to my advice as you keep stating the same facts over and over.
I suggested you mail Alex our CEO direct and I gave you his personal e mail.
Corky also offered to pick you up and get to the ground.
It appears that you did neither.
Sorry but you had the chance to sort things out which maybe you didn't want to.
Will just one more time try to help you.
PM me with all the details exactly not just a general précis of what went on and I will mail Alex for you.
If that doesn't happen I give up.
Sorry.
Also try responding to Corky even just out of politeness please.

BertieB wrote:Yes I did write several emails to various people at the club and I did tell them that I have held a Blue Badge for over six or seven years and I did ask why when having made sure made sure each pre season to ascertain that my car was "booked in" for inclusion on a first come basis for the up coming season, as per the gatemans advice, was NO MENTION of the change in the Parking rule, given when I paid £250 for the Season Ticket, until AFTER the second home match, when I was instructed to see some woman who told me that not only would I NOT be allowed to park inside the ground-- neither would I be allowed to park at Maindee school ?? Is that how one is expected to be treated after buying shares, and having set up £10 per month donation(which I cancelled after the third one) as well as buying in the club shop match day programmes every match teas and 50/50 draw tickets too. I did ask for a refund for my S/Ticket--but , "you'll have to speak to someone else"....Oh yes, I am a member of the Trust Number263... and a supporter since 1950, Full Stop !! Bob Bassett

Perhaps should have been mentioned to you when buying your season ticket Bob, BUT it was put on the official website, twitter and Facebook pages. That's how the other people who needed a space registered, Bob

A very prompt response from Simon -I'll have asked for clarification on what the Club Group and Community Group is and who sits on these groups.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Mike

I hope you are well, allow me to take your questions separately.

Does the term "BOD" in the constitution include Trust Board Members (presumably it does)?

Yes the Trust Board are the Board of Directors. Every Director serves on the Trust Board and either the Club Group or the Community Group.

Has there been any meeting convened since the newly elected trust board members have been granted status as being fit and proper? If not, has there been any meetings scheduled before they are all due to meet in March? If so, what is the date?

No, Trust Board meetings are scheduled for once every quarter and if an emergency meeting is required. There has been no reason to schedule an emergency meeting this quarter therefore the meeting on the 1st of March is the first scheduled meeting the new Directors are able to attend.

The last minutes listed on the Trust website is 30 Oct 15. Has there not been any meetings since?

There have been several meetings since the 30th October 2015, however we have deemed that the Trust website is not the appropriate place to publish meeting minutes considering the commercial sensitivities within the minutes of a Board Meeting. We have in the past made available abridged versions of minutes and this is something we may look to bring back in the future.

The Constitution mentions the following:

112. The Club shall ensure that minutes are kept of all:
112.1 Proceedings at meetings of the Club; and
112.2 Proceedings at meetings of the Board of Directors and its sub-committees which include names of the Directors present, decisions made and the reasons for those decisions.
112.3 Minutes of meetings will be read at the next meeting and signed by the Chair of that meeting. The signed minutes will be conclusive evidence of the events of the meeting.

Are minutes accessible by conducting an Information request to the Club as a Trust Member/Share holder. If not, what is the exemption as why a trust member is not allowed access. Presumably, if there was an exemption then only this part of the minutes would be redacted.

First of all, we are careful to abide by the guidelines set out in Rule 11 of our Model Rules. Minutes are taken at all meetings and circulated before the next meeting so that they can be agreed at the following meeting, once agreed the Chair signs them and they are passed to our Company Secretary for secure filing.

Full minutes are not accessible on request, they contain an accurate record of decisions made on matters of commercial sensitivity and it is not in the best interests of the club for them to be made publically available. However, should you have questions on any matters of club or Trust business we are contactable via E-mail, in person at home matches and we hold regular open meetings where you can ask us questions on any matter pertaining to club or Trust business.

Simon

Harps62 wrote:Mr Figo
The last sentence does not ring true.
"We hold regular open meetings"
Meeting was due in January and not a word from the board regarding why it has not taken place or when if ever it will.
Cheers
Harps

They mentioned it yesterday that it was due for January but postponed due to the Cup run and director elections.

Exile 1976 wrote:
Meeting was due in January and not a word from the board regarding why it has not taken place or when if ever it will.
Cheers
Harps

They mentioned it yesterday that it was due for January but postponed due to the Cup run and director elections.
For anything to be postponed there has to be a date set for the event to originally take place. We know also that the constitution says that any motions to be discussed need to be put 28 days prior to the meeting.

Now if when searching for the announcement that that Graham Westley received a three month payoff you would be so kind as to find out when in November the date for the January AGM was fixed I would be most grateful. :grin:

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:
Cheers
Harps

For anything to be postponed there has to be a date set for the event to originally take place. We know also that the constitution says that any motions to be discussed need to be put 28 days prior to the meeting.

Now if when searching for the announcement that that Graham Westley received a three month payoff you would be so kind as to find out when in November the date for the January AGM was fixed I would be most grateful. :grin:

Not that the AGM was scheduled for January, Harps didn't mention that, one of the 'regular meetings' .. Just responding to Harps saying nothing was said and pointing out that it was yesterday. That is all.
To be honest I haven't looked for the Westley thing yet Brend.

Exile 1976 wrote:

Not that the AGM was scheduled for January, Harps didn't mention that, one of the 'regular meetings' .. Just responding to Harps saying nothing was said and pointing out that it was yesterday. That is all.
To be honest I haven't looked for the Westley thing yet Brend.
Hi,

I have had a look and I can't find the three month pay-off mentioned anywhere. That is not to say it wasn't the case but that I simply can't find any record of it.

There is an interesting scientific theory, or rather practice, known as confirmation bias. We all do it. If we believe something then we will find evidence to support our beliefs and disregard evidence which does not. I noticed it in my old profession. A liar was fairly easy to discredit, not so the witness who was being untruthful but having a genuine belief in what they were saying.

To me it would make sense to set dates. That is, the AGM for Trust and club will take place annually on the first Saturday in June. A regular supporters meeting will take place quarterly on the last Wednesday in January, April, July and October. A newsletter will be sent on the first working day of each month. That way nobody, myself included, need rely on our imperfect memory.