Re: gavin leaving

Jimmy Exile wrote:
Bush wrote:
Alan G Bryant wrote:I do not think you can base an argument on 'If'

What if Mansfield had not scored in the 93rd minute on the opening game of last season?
What if the ref wasn't conned at Luton in our first away game?
What if Cambridge had not turned it around at half time ?
What if Butler did not give away that last minute penalty at Grimsby?
What if Feeney had not offered two year contracts to Butler, Labadie , Tozer & Bennett?
You still haven't answered my questioned based on what are you measuring success considering under his leadership we nearly got relegated from the football league last year and we have had board members and staff walk out citing his leadership we also have court battles over how staff have been treated. We have also ended up paying someone 3 months wages to sit on his arse cause someone fecked up his registration. We have also covered this up and not informed the fans. There were also issues over how the tickets were distributed (not myself but I spent weeks arguing with people over it), also people have said the manager wasn't backed this January (not something I believe in either).

I couldn't care less if he stays or goes. End of the day I think 99.9% of the fans are more worried in the futures of labadie and butler.
Hi. I think we can only measure it with the state of the club when he took over to the state of the club now. his best decision was keeping Flynny on the staff when everyone was slagging him off for it. we are probably in better shape now off the field than ever so probably the best chairman we have ever had. we seem a lot more professional than when Howard greenhalve was in charge. maybe the new directors can report back on this message board and tell us fans how good or not things are.
He also appointed graham westley!

Alan G Bryant wrote:My recollection is almost unanimous unwavering support for the appointment of Graham. Without the benefit of hindsight ( something a chairman would not have incidentally ) what were your views on the Westley appointment at the time ?
I thought it was a good appointment. But I was very critical of the club offering feeney a contract in the summer. Also in regards to westley I don't have access to do my homework and ask players, managers and chairman what he's like to work with. I think it's safe to say someone didn't do their home work in regards to the westley appointment.

Bush wrote:
Alan G Bryant wrote:My recollection is almost unanimous unwavering support for the appointment of Graham. Without the benefit of hindsight ( something a chairman would not have incidentally ) what were your views on the Westley appointment at the time ?
I thought it was a good appointment. But I was very critical of the club offering feeney a contract in the summer. Also in regards to westley I don't have access to do my homework and ask players, managers and chairman what he's like to work with. I think it's safe to say someone didn't do their home work in regards to the westley appointment.
Admittedly Kewell is managing Crawley , but look at the run they are on, was Feeney as bad as what we make out in hindsight ? Look at the players he signed for us, only one dud on a two year contract. Hidnsight is wonderful of course, but he signed some good players, just had no time to bond and no luck in my opinion.
No criticism of Flynn, but the majority/spine of his team is made of Feeney and Westley signings.

As I have stated I too would have appointed Westley. But I would have done so only until the end of last season. I would have offered him a basic at a low level but with a big bonus for keeping us up. Had he not taken it I would have looked around for an experienced out of work manager with a knowledge of the lower Leagues and offered the same. If none of those with the required experience had been willing to take the job I would have offered it to Flynn on that basis.

He was like Flynny learning but his back room staff were nowhere near as good as what Flynny has.
He only kept us up not through success but there were 2 crap sides below us who stayed crap until the very end.
No progress the following season when he should of never been given the opportunity .
We then end up with Westley albeit it seems the board were warned about him.
The only positive thing about this episode was they both were sent packing as was Butcher.
100% agree with all 3 going but Feeney for sure should never of had the opportunity to even start the new season with us.

Harps62 wrote:He was like Flynny learning but his back room staff were nowhere near as good as what Flynny has.
He only kept us up not through success but there were 2 crap sides below us who stayed crap until the very end.
No progress the following season when he should of never been given the opportunity .
The only positive thing about this episode was they both were sent packing as was Butcher.
100% agree with all 3 going but Feeney for sure should never of had the opportunity to even start the new season with us.

There is no right or wrong in my opinion. My view is they should have given Warren more time after entrusting him with the budget. My other view is they should not have given Graham the job as he was not the right person for a trust run club. Both views are obviously held with the benefit of hindsight. Arguably Warren Feeney's signings are still still having an impact, as are Graham's. There is also an argument that Flynn is getting them all to perform better, either way, I do not think Feeney was as incompetent as some make out.

Alan G Bryant wrote:
Harps62 wrote:He was like Flynny learning but his back room staff were nowhere near as good as what Flynny has.

There is no right or wrong in my opinion. My view is they should have given Warren more time after entrusting him with the budget. My other view is they should not have given Graham the job as he was not the right person for a trust run club. Both views are obviously held with the benefit of hindsight. Arguably Warren Feeney's signings are still still having an impact, as are Graham's. There is also an argument that Flynn is getting them all to perform better, either way, I do not think Feeney was as incompetent as some make out.
In that final game v Wimbledon in 2015/16 it was clear that Feeney was desperate. Having said that he would try out various players when County were safe he failed to do so. Against Wimbledon's second XI he put out what he believed to be his best team and still managed to lose.

Warren Feeney may well be a nice bloke, he may well be a very good assistant manager. However he was utterly out of his depth, in the following season only a sadist would have enjoyed watching him slowly implode. Sorry but for anyone to believe he should have been given more time clearly shows that whatever talents you have Alan, an even rudimentary understanding of football is not one of them.

The writing was on the wall when all the board were asked to attend his final away game at Grimsby.
That's a fact not a rumour or whisper
He was dead man walking and must of been under terrible pressure
We unluckily lost and that was curtains for Warren.
Like Stan said sure he was a nice fella , certainly not another Sheridan but was not up to it .
possibly still isn't.
Anyway IMO the board that night did the correct thing but my oh my they got his replacement wrong big time.

Harps62 wrote:The writing was on the wall when all the board were asked to attend his final away game at Grimsby.
That's a fact not a rumour or whisper
He was dead man walking and must of been under terrible pressure
We unluckily lost and that was curtains for Warren.
Like Stan said sure he was a nice fella , certainly not another Sheridan but was not up to it .
possibly still isn't.
Anyway IMO the board that night did the correct thing but my oh my they got his replacement wrong big time.
Again I have no criticism of the appointment of Westley. Nor of his sacking. If there was an error made it was giving him too long a contract.