Re: gavin leaving

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Harps62 wrote:The writing was on the wall when all the board were asked to attend his final away game at Grimsby.
That's a fact not a rumour or whisper
He was dead man walking and must of been under terrible pressure
We unluckily lost and that was curtains for Warren.
Like Stan said sure he was a nice fella , certainly not another Sheridan but was not up to it .
possibly still isn't.
Anyway IMO the board that night did the correct thing but my oh my they got his replacement wrong big time.
Again I have no criticism of the appointment of Westley. Nor of his sacking. If there was an error made it was giving him too long a contract.

But wasn't it reported that we only had to pay Westley 3mths wages settlement? ..... Either that or i dreamt/made it up.

Exile 1976 wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Harps62 wrote:The writing was on the wall when all the board were asked to attend his final away game at Grimsby.
That's a fact not a rumour or whisper
He was dead man walking and must of been under terrible pressure
We unluckily lost and that was curtains for Warren.
Like Stan said sure he was a nice fella , certainly not another Sheridan but was not up to it .
possibly still isn't.
Anyway IMO the board that night did the correct thing but my oh my they got his replacement wrong big time.
Again I have no criticism of the appointment of Westley. Nor of his sacking. If there was an error made it was giving him too long a contract.

But wasn't it reported that we only had to pay Westley 3mths wages settlement? ..... Either that or i dreamt/made it up.
For whatever reason the club were happy to inform us how much it cost to sack Butcher but not the cost of sacking Feeney or Westley.y

A manager will have a bottom line on the minimum length of time he will settle for if he is to take a job. If a club won't "give" on this, it won't get its man and will have to settle for someone the people making the appointment are less confident will do as good a job.

I suppose a candidate might say "No worries, I'll work without any job security". You might get really lucky and find it stems from confidence and not desperation for any job, but it's a heck of a risk.

George Street-Bridge wrote:A manager will have a bottom line on the minimum length of time he will settle for if he is to take a job. If a club won't "give" on this, it won't get its man and will have to settle for someone the people making the appointment are less confident will do as good a job.

I suppose a candidate might say "No worries, I'll work without any job security". You might get really lucky and find it stems from confidence and not desperation for any job, but it's a heck of a risk.
Flynn was offered the job until the end of the season.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:[

For whatever reason the club were happy to inform us how much it cost to sack Butcher but not the cost of sacking Feeney or Westley.y
You are both correct. We were told 3 months wages but a monetary figure was never put on it. 8)

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Amberexile wrote:From memory, it was at one of the open meetings.
Memory is a far from accurate thing. Believe me.

Edit

Someone may have said it at an unspecified meeting. Moving on, even if correct it wasn't Gavin was it? He doesn't attend meetings with supporters.

I'm sure it was reported in one of the Monthly Board statements (remember those?) ..

Exile 1976 wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Amberexile wrote:From memory, it was at one of the open meetings.

Edit

Someone may have said it at an unspecified meeting. Moving on, even if correct it wasn't Gavin was it? He doesn't attend meetings with supporters.

I'm sure it was reported in one of the Monthly Board statements (remember those?) ..
I don't doubt your belief. But where is this recorded. Who is accountable for saying it? You believe a monthly board statement, Amber believes a meeting. It could have been both, it could have been either, it could have been neither. But for the life of me all I want is to see where and when it was said and by whom.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

Edit

I don't doubt your belief. But where is this recorded. Who is accountable for saying it? You believe a monthly board statement, Amber believes a meeting. It could have been both, it could have been either, it could have been neither. But for the life of me all I want is to see where and when it was said and by whom.

Could even have been the 'Gus, not sure to be honest with you, I'll see if I can dig it out

Exile 1976 wrote:
Could even have been the 'Gus, not sure to be honest with you, I'll see if I can dig it out
It may have been. Or it may have been someone on here. Or it may be a false memory, I was convinced for years Nigel Vaughan had scored our first goal against West Ham and I was there.(I think. :grin: ) My point is about accountability.

Bush wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:Cant see this being true but if it is Gavin has overseen one of the greatest eras in the Clubs history
Nearly relegated and never finished in the top half is one of our greatest eras?
Yes staying up when all looked doomed a great FA Cup run and still in with a shout of promotion

And now with what should be a very good balance sheet