A Tale Of Two Elections.

Class of 2016.
July 17th Election Results Day.

Trust Email

As outlined yesterday, the candidates, subject to accepting the position, take up office with immediate effect, subject to the formality of passing the Football League’s fit and proper persons test (required for all football club directors).

Class of 2018
Date Feb 12th 33 days after election results. Trust Email.

Newport County Association Supporters Trust is pleased to confirm that it has now received all English Football League Owners & Director Tests relating to the new Directors Colin Faulkner, Ryan Courtney, Kevin Ward, Bob Herrin and Rob Santwris. All of the named Directors have passed their Fit & Proper Persons Tests with The EFL and will now be registered with Companies House, in advance of attending the Club's next Full Board Meeting on Thursday 1st March 2018which will cover new director inductions, policies & procedures and general standards.

The Trust would like to congratulate all of the new Directors on their appointments and look forward to them joining the Board of Newport County AFC.

So the class of 2016 .1 day to take up office the class of 2018. 61 days.

Re: A Tale Of Two Elections.

jonescmj1 wrote:I have to say I'm unclear what has happened here, have the new directors been elected to the trust as I thought they were, or to the board of the football club which is a legally separate entity?
As I understand it the new directors have just been elected to the trust. Foxall, Johnson, Collier etc are on the main club board.

jonescmj1 wrote:I have to say I'm unclear what has happened here, have the new directors been elected to the trust as I thought they were, or to the board of the football club which is a legally separate entity?
It's quite simple really. Once someone with the gravitas of Kevin Ward was elected the idea that he could be railroaded into a second class stewardship was a non starter.

faerun exile wrote:
As I understand it the new directors have just been elected to the trust. Foxall, Johnson, Collier etc are on the main club board.
That is my understanding also, however that's not what is written above.

jonescmj1 wrote:
faerun exile wrote: As I understand it the new directors have just been elected to the trust. Foxall, Johnson, Collier etc are on the main club board.
That is my understanding also, however that's not what is written above.
Can you imagine what is going to happen if the incumbent board of directors try to exclude the likes of Kevin Ward and Rob Sant' from the main board?

If they were applying for and subsequently elected to Trust positions then why would they expect to have access to the Club board, other than to influence that board as much as possible? It's got nothing to do with perceived gravitas or ability.
Perhaps one of the questions for the meeting in March could be for the Trust and Club to once and for all explain the set-up, interaction and powers of the respective boards

whoareya wrote:If they were applying for and subsequently elected to Trust positions then why would they expect to have access to the Club board, other than to influence that board as much as possible? It's got nothing to do with perceived gravitas or ability.
Perhaps one of the questions for the meeting in March could be for the Trust and Club to once and for all explain the set-up, interaction and powers of the respective boards
In any power struggle there are formal and informal levers. I don't know whether Gavin wants Kevin Ward on the board of directors or not. However Gavin can't prevent Kevin sitting on the board. And that applies whatever the formal 'rules' may be.

Five new Directors of Newport Association Football Club Limited have been registered at Companies House.

Maybe the confusion is between the club Governing Board, the Club Group and The Community Group as per the governance paper issued last year and which seemed to be a contributing factor to Charlie Hopkins resignation?

Amberexile wrote:Five new Directors of Newport Association Football Club Limited have been registered at Companies House.

Maybe the confusion is between the club Governing Board, the Club Group and The Community Group as per the governance paper issued last year and which seemed to be a contributing factor to Charlie Hopkins resignation?
That's interesting. Why do you say that?

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Amberexile wrote:Five new Directors of Newport Association Football Club Limited have been registered at Companies House.

Because it was mentioned in his resignation letter.

Amberexile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

Because it was mentioned in his resignation letter.
But what is your view? Do you think there is confusion?