Re: tonight's games

Had Exeter not scored 2 late goals we'd have been 6 points off the play-offs. No idea why people think we're out of it. Even now it's only 8.

Even though we've dropped to 14th we'd go above 3 of them winning our game in hand to 11th, then it's only 9 points to 4th place, never mind 7th. A run of decent form at this stage will put us right back in it.

We've got 5 homes and 2 aways coming up against 19th (A), 3rd, 21st, 17th (A), 1st, 20th and 10th in our next 7 matches. 5 wins would be a good return and put us back in it.

neilcork68 wrote:
Amberexile wrote:More importantly, for me, why the hell did Wales appoint a full time manager when he was likely to be sacked before the next competitive match?

Why keep a job open for someone who walks out on you ?
With a more conciliatory approach from all parties, he wouldn't have needed to walk out in the first place.

SJG99 wrote:Had Exeter not scored 2 late goals we'd have been 6 points off the play-offs. No idea why people think we're out of it. Even now it's only 8.

Even though we've dropped to 14th we'd go above 3 of them winning our game in hand to 11th, then it's only 9 points to 4th place, never mind 7th. A run of decent form at this stage will put us right back in it.

We've got 5 homes and 2 aways coming up against 19th (A), 3rd, 21st, 17th (A), 1st, 20th and 10th in our next 7 matches. 5 wins would be a good return and put us back in it.
Let me explain.

If and it is a big if we were to average two points a game from now until the end of the season we would finish on 73 points. That is not going to be enough. If you recall this time last year we made up twelve points on Hartlepool. However what you have to remember is that the teams near the top are near the top because they tend to win more games than the teams at the bottom. Exeter have a game in hand. If they win that then we have to make up eleven points on a winning side.

But of course I was wrong last year, I gave up after Cambridge away, so I might be wrong again. :grin:

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
SJG99 wrote:Had Exeter not scored 2 late goals we'd have been 6 points off the play-offs. No idea why people think we're out of it. Even now it's only 8.

Let me explain.

If and it is a big if we were to average two points a game from now until the end of the season we would finish on 73 points. That is not going to be enough. If you recall this time last year we made up twelve points on Hartlepool. However what you have to remember is that the teams near the top are near the top because they tend to win more games than the teams at the bottom. Exeter have a game in hand. If they win that then we have to make up eleven points on a winning side.

But of course I was wrong last year, I gave up after Cambridge away, so I might be wrong again. :grin:
73 points would have put a team 5th last season, but wasn't enough the season before, 6th the season before that, 5th before that. If we end up on 73 I'll take my chances.

SJG99 wrote:
73 points would have put a team 5th last season, but wasn't enough the season before, 6th the season before that, 5th before that. If we end up on 73 I'll take my chances.
So would I. Although I don't think we'll get anywhere near that. We have a difference of opinion. Let's see come May how many points we get and how many we needed.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
SJG99 wrote:
So would I. Although I don't think we'll get anywhere near that. We have a difference of opinion. Let's see come May how many points we get and how many we needed.
I'm not convinced we'll get that many either, but if you offered it to me now without knowing if it would be enough, I'd take it. :)