Re: argus story- new academy in Newport.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:'I'm still close to Gavin Foxall, who has helped us a lot with the planning,......' Jones.

'For now our loyalties are with Bristol City and we are going to recommend our best players to them.' Parry.

Oops.

Taking the PJSS or what?

No i dont think so. There was nothing for them with Newport County so they linked up with Bristol City. We'll benefit from this venture doubt.

Exile 1976 wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:'I'm still close to Gavin Foxall, who has helped us a lot with the planning,......' Jones.

'For now our loyalties are with Bristol City and we are going to recommend our best players to them.' Parry.

Oops.

Taking the PJSS or what?

No i dont think so. There was nothing for them with Newport County so they linked up with Bristol City. We'll benefit from this venture doubt.
They are in direct competition with the Newport County academy. The chairman of Newport County aided them with planning. It rather begs the question what exactly did Gavin do? Don't ya think?

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:

Oops.

Taking the PJSS or what?

They are in direct competition with the Newport County academy. The chairman of Newport County aided them with planning. It rather begs the question what exactly did Gavin do? Don't ya think?

Not at all. He gave an ex player help and advice, nothing wrong with that.
You look to beat Foxall with anything Brend but this is just Bristol City paying the money out .. It's a pre academy, a soccer school not an academy, and as Darren rightly says, there's a huge jump to academy from grass roots
Last edited by Exile 1976 on February 22nd, 2018, 9:18 am, edited 3 times in total.

ref23 wrote:I wouldn't worry about it, it'll probably fail anyway. Let's be honest, if you're a young lad from Newport and you're offered the choice between Newport County or a warehouse in the middle of nowhere where there might be some loose connection to Bristol City - what will you pick?

Yeah, thought so.
I am a shareholder in Newport County. The chairman of Newport County has assisted a rival company to set up.

Now you may be right or wrong with your assessment of the success or otherwise of the new company. However that is not the point. For the chairman of a limited company to assist the settings up of a rival company is simply madness or overnight I have slipped into a parallel universe where things appear the same but the normal rules no longer apply.

Edit.

In reply to exile76. Nonsense. I am simply pointing out the facts. This is utterly crazy. Newport County have an academy. Messrs Parry and Jones have every right to set up a rival operation. Gavin Foxall as chairman of Newport County has a fiduciary duty to Newport County.

I really don’t understand why we should help or be somehow pleased or supportive of an organisation which as one of its aims cites an intention to channel the best Newport youngsters to a rival club. Why on earth there was “ nothing for us “ with Newport County is another thing I can’t understand, why couldn’t their best players feed to our academy?

I have had this wonderful business idea.

I am going to open a factory. I am going to make a soft drink called Just like Coca-Cola but a Lot Less Expensive'. All I need is a bit of crowd funding and the recipe for Coca-Cola. I shall simply write to the chairman of Coca-Cola and ask him. Many years ago I worked for a subsidiary company of Coca-Cola. As an ex-employee I feel sure s/he will help me. Nothing wrong with that. Happens all the time. Parallel universe be f@cked, I think I shall just teleport to the USA and speak face to face with the wo/man. Then off to Barcelona to see County's Champions League tie. As we are only 7-0 up from the first leg I am still a tad worried.

Bush wrote:To be fair there would be uproar if we were paying a private company to find kids in our own area. If our scouts can't monitor the kids in Newport and surrounding areas then we really are in trouble.
No problem with Jones and Parry settings up a rival organization. The point is I object to us helping them.

Edit.

Imagine you own an shop selling flat screen televisions. Someone comes in looking to buy one. Your top salesman demonstrates al the models, goes through all the features. Having spent a couple of hours doing this the customer finally settles on the latest Bush model. (Hope you enjoyed that one.) Your top salesman then says "That will be £699 please." The customer says "Thank you I will take it." Your top salesman then says.

"Mind you if you nip across to Argos you can buy the same model for £399."
Last edited by Stan A. Einstein on February 22nd, 2018, 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Bush wrote:To be fair there would be uproar if we were paying a private company to find kids in our own area. If our scouts can't monitor the kids in Newport and surrounding areas then we really are in trouble.
No problem with Jones and Parry settings up a rival organization. The point is I object to us helping them.
They are building new indoor facilities that could potentially benefit the county and definitely Newport children/adults in general. If he has helped them set that up I don't see the problem. No kids that go through this set up will be forced to go to Bristol. County can still attract them although my guess is any child going through that set up isn't wanted by the county academy anyway. It will be like the old Glenn hoddle academy. A chance for those kids that at the best level to enjoy playing sport and if any gems do appear they could potentially go to Bristol academy for a trial if they so wish.

Bush wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
They are building new indoor facilities that could potentially benefit the county and definitely Newport children/adults in general. If he has helped them set that up I don't see the problem. No kids that go through this set up will be forced to go to Bristol. County can still attract them although my guess is any child going through that set up isn't wanted by the county academy anyway. It will be like the old Glenn hoddle academy. A chance for those kids that at the best level to enjoy playing sport and if any gems do appear they could potentially go to Bristol academy for a trial if they so wish.
We will just have to disagree. For me we have an academy, to assist a rival organization is wrong. That the rival organization openly say, thanks for your help but we are going to recommend our 'gems' to a rival football club is taking the PJSS.