Marlon Jackson

I know there is divided opinion over Marlon but what is it that he is doing that the others aren't?
No rude answers please :) Rigg, Jazzi and Williams have been shipped out, deemed not good enough, really ? TOE, Osadebe, Collins and Jahraldo not good enough to make the squad. Hayes and Reid rarely get game time. As soon as Jackson is fit he's back in. I'm not slating the fella because he does put in a decent shift in my opinion but why are others not given a chance?
Last edited by SULLY34 on February 22nd, 2018, 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Marlon Jackson

Iam at a loss as well sully , mf must see something in training that we dont see on the match days . Williams goes on loan scores 22 goals deemed not good enough? Last Saturday's game when the subs were made that was the end for me , we never had many if any chances to score with our top marksmens on .then we bring frank and Jackson on , MCcoulsky will score goals just needs a run in the team not 1 or 2 games then benched for wks . Imo jackson and frank won't score no where near enough the goals required.

Would like to see Marlon start with Padraig Saturday.
For sure if we play hoof ball its totally pointless playing the youngster from the start.
If it doesn't work put Hayes on second half.
Leave Super sub for the last 20/30 minutes if needed.

Harps62 wrote:Would like to see Marlon start with Padraig Saturday.
For sure if we play hoof ball its totally pointless playing the youngster from the start.
If it doesn't work put Hayes on second half.
Leave Super sub for the last 20/30 minutes if needed.
I agree with you Harps. Just a little unjust that others haven't been given a chance, especially Williams, Rigg and Jazzi.

If our first choice striker has to be a player yet to register a single league goal in over 18 mths we know we've got problems.
Yes he wins a few headers (though most just go straight up in the air rather than flicked towards one of our players) but he does nothing with the ball at his feet and has not been a goal threat at all. Maybe Flynny's unwavering support of him might finally get his career moving now and he'll start producing the goods for us.

owlsabout wrote:Harps sorry my friend how can you start a striker not started a football match in months ?
Who would you start with Amond instead and why ? Personally I'd go with Hayes but don't think he's fit yet. Nouble and McClousky have had enough chances starting a game. So for me Saturday I'd go with Jackson.

SULLY34 wrote:
owlsabout wrote:Harps sorry my friend how can you start a striker not started a football match in months ?
Who would you start with Amond instead and why ? Personally I'd go with Hayes but don't think he's fit yet. Nouble and McClousky have had enough chances starting a game. So for me Saturday I'd go with Jackson.
Sheehan and labadie just off him.

SULLY34 wrote:

Personally I'd go with Hayes, in the few minutes he played for us he proved more of a goal threat than Jackson did in his previous 25 games

Bush wrote:
SULLY34 wrote:
Sheehan and labadie just off him.
Still think we need a target man up there, most other teams do. Sheehan needs to play though.

Owls.
Like I said start him and if it doesn't work take him off half time
He has had 2 part games, plus in full training.
Got to start sometime Owls.
Cannot be worse than Shaun last week.
May hit it off with Padraig and he certainly isn't a lightweight.

Harps its all about opinions i wd give MCcoulsky a run of games not just one or two then bench him . Like bush says strikers needs to score goals , and harps you said cant do no worst than Shaun did last wk , what have frank been doing for the last 2 months. Sheehan will be way off match sharpness you can train all you like but completely different to playing time, and lads is suspended for two games .