Re: Marlon Jackson

SULLY34 wrote:
Bush wrote:I don't think he is a target man but every day of the week I start nouble over Jackson.
Nouble has had enough chances, when was his last goal? Don't include the 2 own goals. If everyone was fit I'd choose Hayes but then it would be Jackson. McClousky is an impact sub and Nouble......
If Nouble is up for it he is unplayable at our level. Cheltenham away he was fantastic but, to be fair, I think that was his last really effective game for us - although I'd say he single handedly got us back into the Leeds game. I'd still give him another go in a few weeks when hopefully he's refreshed. He has played in practically every game after all.

SULLY34 wrote:
Bush wrote:I don't think he is a target man but every day of the week I start nouble over Jackson.
Nouble has had enough chances, when was his last goal? Don't include the 2 own goals. If everyone was fit I'd choose Hayes but then it would be Jackson. McClousky is an impact sub and Nouble......
He has still scored more goals than Jackson!

Harps62 wrote:Forget before Flynny came.
How many minutes has Marlon played compared to Frank.
Bet you would struggle to get it all up to 90 minutes.
Anyway its all opinions for sure.
I'm with you on this one Harps. To me, Jackson could be useful for us if he's partnered with the right person and I don't agree with the slating of him.

I'd equate him to someone like Alsop who was hardly prolific either, but a massive team player. He'd need a run of games to become as good as Alsop was though, and whether he'll get that with us without getting injured is a huge question.

Bush wrote:
SULLY34 wrote:
He has still scored more goals than Jackson!
True but totally ineffective for weeks. Nouble has been bang out of form but still got selected. Time for Hayes or Jackson to be given a chance.

countyareup wrote:We would all like to see him do well.

Can you honestly say that at 0-0 on Saturday, when Tim announced he was coming on, you thought 'here we go, we're going to win this'?

I'm sure I'm not the only one whose heart sank.

I'd prefer to see Hayes given a run out.
My heart sunk when Frank came on!

I thought he did well on Saturday. I really like the look of Hayes, he brings nouse and a wealth of experience but I am not sure he is 100% fit. Sheehan is definitely not 100% fit. Double is an outlet for us but not a great threat on goal. Amond is a goal scorer McClousky drifts in and out.

At least they are all different!

True but totally ineffective for weeks. Nouble has been bang out of form but still got selected. Time for Hayes or Jackson to be given a chance.[/quote]

Nouble been the same all season thouagh. As I said start of the season it's only when he go through a bad patch that people will blame the striker who doesn't score. Start of the season when I said he hides out on the wing and that him and armond don't have a partnership people reacted like I shat on their face. Lose a few on the spin and he's a liability. For me he hasn't been great all season but when you list the options we got he is definitely ahead of the guy who has never scored a football league goal, ahead of the injured veteran. Personally I'd change formation or actually give maclausky a run of games starting than pick nouble but after those options he has to be picked again.

ref23 wrote:
SULLY34 wrote:
If Nouble is up for it he is unplayable at our level. Cheltenham away he was fantastic but, to be fair, I think that was his last really effective game for us - although I'd say he single handedly got us back into the Leeds game. I'd still give him another go in a few weeks when hopefully he's refreshed. He has played in practically every game after all.
Haven't seen any away games apart from Coventry so I can't judge him for those Ref. He's had glimpses of talent in games but nothing compared to the Chesterfield game. When he does a trick even he's not sure where the ball is going to end up :) I hope Flynny isnt daft enough to offer him a new deal, time for club number 327!

Bush wrote:True but totally ineffective for weeks. Nouble has been bang out of form but still got selected. Time for Hayes or Jackson to be given a chance.
Nouble been the same all season thouagh. As I said start of the season it's only when he go through a bad patch that people will blame the striker who doesn't score. Start of the season when I said he hides out on the wing and that him and armond don't have a partnership people reacted like I shat on their face. Lose a few on the spin and he's a liability. For me he hasn't been great all season but when you list the options we got he is definitely ahead of the guy who has never scored a football league goal, ahead of the injured veteran. Personally I'd change formation or actually give maclausky a run of games starting than pick nouble but after those options he has to be picked again.[/quote]
I'd prefer to go back to 4-4-2 Bush but Flynny has got rid of our wingers! Willmott doesn't take on the full backs enough and Reynolds and Rigg have been shipped out. I too haven't been a fan of Nouble from the start.

CB. wrote:I thought he did well on Saturday. I really like the look of Hayes, he brings nouse and a wealth of experience but I am not sure he is 100% fit. Sheehan is definitely not 100% fit. Double is an outlet for us but not a great threat on goal. Amond is a goal scorer McClousky drifts in and out.

At least they are all different!
Hayes should play even if not 100% because of what he would bring to the team.Then bring Mcgoalsky on when he tires.