Re: AGM and open Supporters Club Meeting

Amberexile wrote:Wouldn't it be nice to have a conversation on here without it descending into my dad's bigger than your's nonsense.

The shame for me is that this has been announced with less than 28 days' notice thus precluding members from raising resolutions for the meeting.
Please correct me if I am wrong. If it is your view that this is an AGM in name only, get the awkward little formality over with with as little discussion as possible, better still no discussion at all, then I agree entirely.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Amberexile wrote:Wouldn't it be nice to have a conversation on here without it descending into my dad's bigger than your's nonsense.

The shame for me is that this has been announced with less than 28 days' notice thus precluding members from raising resolutions for the meeting.
Please correct me if I am wrong. If it is your view that this is an AGM in name only, get the awkward little formality over with with as little discussion as possible, better still no discussion at all, then I agree entirely.
I wouldn't go quite that far Brendan. I don't think it is deliberate, but the consequence of the FA Cup run taking over everybody's lives could well result in that outcome.
While the open meeting immediately after gives scope for discussion it is in a different forum.

Good afternoon.
Earlier this morning I sent an e mail as explained earlier to Alex Tunbridge our CEO.
A few hours later my question was answered with the date for the next supporters meeting but also an AGM was listed as well.
Can we go back a few years 2 maybe 3 when I attended an AGM at the Riverside.
Have told the story before but despite buying shares in the newly formed trust club I was told I Couldn't have a vote
It was pointed out that this AGM had nothing to do with the recently reformed club but it was an AGM I believe for community shareholders something that had been going on for years previously.
The directors were not 100% sure of actually who and who didn't.
John B even asked the chairman to give myself and my mate a voting slip.
It was all very vague in all honesty.
I think this AGM is the same one as that.
If so Trust members and Shareholders (£50) will not have a vote.
I maybe wrong but have a feeling that whoever drew up this seemingly hurried agenda may themselves not be sure themselves.
Nobody on here so far has convinced myself 100% exactly who gets a vote and which of the 2 AGM's this is relating too.
Have a feeling that most of the board are also unsure.
Therefore I am mailing Alex once more for clarification of who exactly is entitled to be at this AGM and likewise who has a vote on the issues that will be raised.
Sure I will get the usual sarcastic comments from the usual suspects but I for one and sure most others on here want clarification from the horses mouth not from a third party guess.
Cheers
Harps

Good evening
Have had as always a reply now from Alex.
This AGM is for the Newport County AFC Supporters Trust
The Directors of this trust are the legal owners of Newport County AFC.
Still have no idea if this is all the Directors currently plus the 5 new members.
It appears that Alex has no input into this AGM.
Am I any wiser?
Nope.
Any enquiries should not go via the club on this matter but via the contact page for the trust

https://www.ncafctrust.org/contact-us/.

One day I will understand how the Trust is different to the club (Maybe)

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Jimmy Exile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Yes, I agree with you.
Hi. you are agreeing with someone who is wrong.

https://www.newport-county.co.uk/news/2 ... s-meeting/

Hi Jimmy,

Let me help you with this one. I think it's great that on a message board you feel at ease to disagree with me. As I am not the Pope and therefore not infallible I welcome people who might be able to convince me that I should modify or perhaps even change my views completely.
However there are two things that I would like you to consider. Unless you tell me why George Guest's analysis is wrong and by extension why I am wrong to agree with him it doesn't do any good, does it? Unless you say you are wrong because...... I am not really in a position to say, good point I hadn't thought of that.

The second point I would like to raise with you is that people who continually disagree but never say why come across as stupid. Now I am sure you wouldn't want me to think that of you, so please try explaining why you think I'm wrong.
Hi. I'll try and explain for you as it seems you are struggling to grasp the obvious. George and yourself believed that the release suggested that shareholders weren't invited. you were both wrong. The reason you were both wrong was because you were readin the Trust release and not the Club statement. as I hope you are aware the trust and football club are two separate bodies. if you had read the link that I helpfully gave you it was the release from the club that said that trust members and shareholders are invited.

you've called me thick and a half wit. when someone insults you then you appear sad yet you have insulted me for no reason. I look forward to your apology and you admitting you are wrong. thanks stan, Jimmy

Harps62 wrote:Good evening
Still have no idea if this is all the Directors currently plus the 5 new members.
Am I any wiser?
Nope.
Any enquiries should not go via the club on this matter but via the contact page for the trust

Unless there has been another notification, the above emboldened sentence is not accurate in the light of what is said here:

Newport County AFC would like to inform all supporters and Trust Members that it will be holding its AGM

Therefore the AGM is for the FOOTBALL CLUB.....not the TRUST! Because that's what it SAYS.

Jimmy Exile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

The second point I would like to raise with you is that people who continually disagree but never say why come across as stupid. Now I am sure you wouldn't want me to think that of you, so please try explaining why you think I'm wrong.

you've called me thick and a half wit. when someone insults you then you appear sad yet you have insulted me for no reason. I look forward to your apology and you admitting you are wrong. thanks stan, Jimmy

Look at what I said.

It's there. 'If you don't give your reasons 'you will come across as stupid'...... 'I am sure you wouldn't want me to think that of you'.

I haven't called you thick and/or a half wit. I haven't said you are stupid even. In fact I have specifically said that 'I'm sure you wouldn't want me to think that of you.'

I perhaps should add that if you don't want to come across as thick and a half wit then it might not be a bad idea to read what people write before demanding apologies for things they have not written. But that is a matter for you. :grin:

newgroundrodney wrote:
Am I any wiser?
Nope.

Unless there has been another notification, the above emboldened sentence is not accurate in the light of what is said here:

Newport County AFC would like to inform all supporters and Trust Members that it will be holding its AGM

Therefore the AGM is for the FOOTBALL CLUB.....not the TRUST! Because that's what it SAYS.
Without putting the whole of Alexs mail to me on here.

These are his exact words.

"Newport County AFC Supporters Trust are responsible for organising and hosting their AGM"
"Newport County AFC Supporters Trust Directors are the legal owners of the club.
If Alex is wrong in these comments what chance of us mere supporters got?

He also states any Club based enquiries should be sent separately to office@newport-county.co.uk

We are all well aware that the company and the trust are two separate legal entities. That is what is causing the confusion. We know that there should beTWO AGMs but we are asked to attend only one and only then if we are trust members (or shareholders as an apparent afterthought although it isn't clear whether this means people who hold shares in Newport County AFC Ltd or people who hold "shares" issued by the trust). My particular interest is in the club accounts so I am mainly interested in the company AGM at which these accounts have to be presented. If this is just a trust AGM it will just be the trust accounts. So far as I know Newport County is not a subsidiary of the trust. The trust simply holds the majority of County shares. I and many other people own the rest of the shares. So the accounts of the trust will not incorporate Newport County's accounts and are therefore only of passing interest to most of us. So I still want to know if this is Newport Association Football Club Ltd's AGM (registered number 02395863) or not.

As requested I will address this question to the E mail address in the previous post and post the reply on here.

newgroundrodney wrote:
Am I any wiser?
Nope.

It's a shame the general standard of proofreading on the OS is so poor overall, because it can't be relied upon as an authoritative source in matters of detail like this.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Jimmy Exile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

Look at what I said.

It's there. 'If you don't give your reasons 'you will come across as stupid'...... 'I am sure you wouldn't want me to think that of you'.

I haven't called you thick and/or a half wit. I haven't said you are stupid even. In fact I have specifically said that 'I'm sure you wouldn't want me to think that of you.'

I perhaps should add that if you don't want to come across as thick and a half wit then it might not be a bad idea to read what people write before demanding apologies for things they have not written. But that is a matter for you. :grin:
Hi. To be fair to you for someone who harps on about transparency you really are backing your self and the above is the most see through attempt to wriggle out of looking stupid I've ever seen. I'm off to read my 4 year old a story I might get more intelligent debate haha. bye stan it's boring now

G Guest wrote:We are all well aware that the company and the trust are two separate legal entities. That is what is causing the confusion. We know that there should beTWO AGMs but we are asked to attend only one and only then if we are trust members (or shareholders as an apparent afterthought although it isn't clear whether this means people who hold shares in Newport County AFC Ltd or people who hold "shares" issued by the trust). My particular interest is in the club accounts so I am mainly interested in the company AGM at which these accounts have to be presented. If this is just a trust AGM it will just be the trust accounts. So far as I know Newport County is not a subsidiary of the trust. The trust simply holds the majority of County shares. I and many other people own the rest of the shares. So the accounts of the trust will not incorporate Newport County's accounts and are therefore only of passing interest to most of us. So I still want to know if this is Newport Association Football Club Ltd's AGM (registered number 02395863) or not.

As requested I will address this question to the E mail address in the previous post and post the reply on here.
Alex states the County owners are the trust.
What funds would the trust have which is separate from the club.
Totally lost still