Re: David Pipe

Exile 1976 wrote:
Harps62 wrote:Next season
Pipey - Barnum Bobb

Got to be BB but that will not happen now.
Priority for Flynny will be first choice quality right back next season.

No good if Flynn doesn't think he's interested in trying.

http://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/sport/ ... is_season/
Think that could be the normal managers talk.
Certainly stale as he never hardly got a kick this season.
Flynny wont slam him to the press for sure.
Anyway its history now.

Harps62 wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:
Harps62 wrote:Next season
Pipey - Barnum Bobb

Got to be BB but that will not happen now.
Priority for Flynny will be first choice quality right back next season.

No good if Flynn doesn't think he's interested in trying.

http://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/sport/ ... is_season/
Think that could be the normal managers talk.
Certainly stale as he never hardly got a kick this season.
Flynny wont slam him to the press for sure.
Anyway its history now.

Normal manager speak? I think despite the fact he says he won't slam him, he does in that interview .."he didn't deserve a chance"... "he went to Torquay and it didn't work out for him" etc...
Nevermind, he's gone now , all the best to him.

It must have be hard to motivate yourself in training to perform knowing that irrelevant of what you did you weren't going to even make the squad on the weekend.
MF seems to me had made his mind up on certain players and they weren't going to be part of his plans....He then says they weren't performing in training. Its hardly surprising is it that they didn't give their all knowing they were never going to be picked is it ?

That doesn't seem to be the case though.

“But he’s got to take on board what he’s getting told to improve his game.

“I’ve spoken with Jazzi in depth and I’ve told him that I think there are parts of his game he can improve on."

It seems Flynn reckons that there were things he could have done to get into the squad but didn't.

Bottom line for me though is that he wasn't wanted in the Summer but decided to trigger a contract extension anyway.

Bush wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:I think people forget we are a league two side our players are not going to be premierchump standard
Can we not expect to try and find someone of the standard of Ryan Jackson though? that's the levels we once had at right back. We aint asking for Dani Alves.
Yep, we missed him a lot when he left. Quality player.

Rjwebby2811 wrote:Glad pipe has another year with us, he's gives everything week in week out and keeps himself fit so not really worried about his age.
Great news, in my opinion this guy earns his money week in week out.
He may be lacking in certain areas, but he always seems willing to spill blood for the County... that's enough for me :-)