Re: Sheridan off to Fleetwood

neilcork68 wrote:
Corpaboy wrote:**** him !!! Orrible man

Has he stayed at a club longer than it takes me to shit ???
Come on .... let's turn this thread into another opportunity to discuss Corpaboy's bowel activity ?
I'd rather discuss that than Mr J Sheridan .

Isn't this his 'turd' job this year ??? :roll:
I was wrong. Ref 22 and Neal Cork are in fact the same person. :grin:

Although returning to the topic.......

I didn't like Sheridan. He was self serving and dishonest. However make no mistake about this, he is the reason we are still a League club. Lest anyone say that applies equally to Michael Flynn they forget one salient fact, and I say this in no way trying to denigrate Flynn. But for Sheridan there would have been no League status to save.

And that in my opinion is far more interesting than a discussion about the scatological habits of Corpaboy/. :grin:

Stan A. Einstein wrote:Although returning to the topic.......

I didn't like Sheridan. He was self serving and dishonest. However make no mistake about this, he is the reason we are still a League club. Lest anyone say that applies equally to Michael Flynn they forget one salient fact, and I say this in no way trying to denigrate Flynn. But for Sheridan there would have been no League status to save.

And that in my opinion is far more interesting than a discussion about the scatological habits of Corpaboy/. :grin:

Interesting indeed Brendan. Football philosophy on a Friday morning. It raises a few points that have been mentioned before. That is, would you rather have a person of Sheridan's character who 'saves' league status for a club, or a decent and honest person who can't cut the mustard. Other mixed options are available obviously.

Why is it that decent, honest people in football can't rise to the top of the pile in football management. It is a sad reflection of our sport that people of dubious character often rise to the top. Is it something that is needed in football to be successful?

I do agree that whilst being ruthless, opinionated and conceited doesn't necessarily make you a bad person but why is it that the nice guys don't succeed. Bobby Charlton, Bobby Moore, nice people both of them, but useless in football management. A sad reflection on society I think. They say that cream rises to the top. Not so in football management.

pembsexile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:Although returning to the topic.......

Interesting indeed Brendan. Football philosophy on a Friday morning. It raises a few points that have been mentioned before. That is, would you rather have a person of Sheridan's character who 'saves' league status for a club, or a decent and honest person who can't cut the mustard. Other mixed options are available obviously.

Why is it that decent, honest people in football can't rise to the top of the pile in football management. It is a sad reflection of our sport that people of dubious character often rise to the top. Is it something that is needed in football to be successful?

I do agree that whilst being ruthless, opinionated and conceited doesn't necessarily make you a bad person but why is it that the nice guys don't succeed. Bobby Charlton, Bobby Moore, nice people both of them, but useless in football management. A sad reflection on society I think. They say that cream rises to the top. Not so in football management.
Morning Mike,

Not sure I agree with you. I think what is required is a sense of perspective. Much as we amuse ourselves with the ruthlessness of it, it is only sport. War without death.

Rod Laver a case in point. Lovely man, charming and polite in public, said that his success on court was down to his ability to not just get his foot on his opponents neck but once there to keep pressing down until his opponent was crushed. He was though speaking figuratively. To the best of my knowledge, Ken Rosewall, Roger Taylor, et al never came to any harm playing him.

Not sure Mr Shankly would agree with you on that one Brendan. What as it he said about football, life and death? He was trying to make a point obviously.

Sport is war without death. Yes, but you cannot fake the emotion you see from Managers when things go against them. Look at Man City v Wigan this week. Flamin' heck, could have been death with the Managers there. :grin:

A sense of perspective, yes. It's a pity the ruthless ones don't always show it. When the red mist descends.........

That said, I would probably have no interest in football at all if it wasn't for the emotion it stirs in me. Logic v emotion, there is a whole new ball game there. I like to think I am a reasonable, well rounded man, (others may disagree) and that is probably why I am at the low end of my profession.