Relegation avoiders...how we compare?

After the phenomenal effort to stay up with a last gasp goal last season, I was wondering how other relegation avoiders had fared the following season.
So here is a list of a few seasons, showing team finishing 22nd, and how they'd got on the FOLLOWING season:

2011-12 Barnet,......... finished 22nd, following year finished 23rd (relegated)
2012-13 Dagenham,...finished 22nd, following year finished 9th
2013-14 Wycombe,.....finished 22nd, following year finished 4th
2014-15 Hartlepool,....finished 22nd, following year finished 16th
2015-16 Newport........finished 22nd, following year finished 22nd

Re: Relegation avoiders...how we compare?

newgroundrodney wrote:After the phenomenal effort to stay up with a last gasp goal last season, I was wondering how other relegation avoiders had fared the following season.
So here is a list of a few seasons, showing team finishing 22nd, and how they'd got on the FOLLOWING season:

2011-12 Barnet,......... finished 22nd, following year finished 23rd (relegated)
2012-13 Dagenham,...finished 22nd, following year finished 9th
2013-14 Wycombe,.....finished 22nd, following year finished 4th
2014-15 Hartlepool,....finished 22nd, following year finished 16th
2015-16 Newport........finished 22nd, following year finished 22nd

Which clearly proves you should take up knitting :shock:

Countysfinest wrote:Staying up last season was unbelievable I still can’t believe we did it . The season before that thankfully York & Dagenham were shocking we’ve been very lucky
Tbf after winning 3-0 at Portsmouth (gold star for that) in March 2016 we were basically safe, and then spent the last 14 matches of the season staggering to the 3 further points which absolutely guaranteed our safety with a couple of games to go as part of a run of 3 draws and 11 defeats. I'm not sure we'd have been that bad for the last 3 months of the season if we'd actually had something to play for, and even then we finished 9 points (and goal difference) ahead of the bottom 2.

Still a bit mad that only Tom Owen-Evans remains from the side that lost the last game of the season before last though. (Joe Day didn't play).

SJG99 wrote:
Countysfinest wrote:Staying up last season was unbelievable I still can’t believe we did it . The season before that thankfully York & Dagenham were shocking we’ve been very lucky
Tbf after winning 3-0 at Portsmouth (gold star for that) in March 2016 we were basically safe, and then spent the last 14 matches of the season staggering to the 3 further points which absolutely guaranteed our safety with a couple of games to go as part of a run of 3 draws and 11 defeats. I'm not sure we'd have been that bad for the last 3 months of the season if we'd actually had something to play for, and even then we finished 9 points (and goal difference) ahead of the bottom 2.

Still a bit mad that only Tom Owen-Evans remains from the side that lost the last game of the season before last though. (Joe Day didn't play).
We proved at the start of the following season we really were that bad.

Marky wrote:
SJG99 wrote:

We proved at the start of the following season we really were that bad.
That's a fair point, but we'd changed almost the entire team - it's not comparable. We were still crap but with a different bunch of players.