Re: Grandstand Port Vale

Taunton Iron Cider wrote:Usual suspects of Nouble and Wilmott are poor. The midfield is once again proving to be the weak link, although as the first half progressed they did improve slightly. What on earth has Sheehan got to do to get a game? At half time, Flynn needs to replace Wilmott, but we all know that won't happen, and swap Nouble for Hayes.
You can't blame the midfield for "being the weak link" when we literally never, ever try to use them as part of attacking play.

Sticking Sheehan on the pitch yesterday would have been an absolute waste of time, he'd have just been watching the ball getting lumped from our full backs behind their full backs and centre backs and then out for a throw in. Even in the second half when we kept the ball in their half slightly more it was simple passes out wide and nothing resembling through balls to feet or players running at the defence, because the ball was never in the position for them to get it down and the defence was choosing to clear it beyond them all the time.

Hayes looked like he had something about him as long as the ball was played to his feet or accurately to his head - pretty unlucky to see a flag when he won the ball at the near post (whilst being fouled by the player he was supposed to be the wrong side of for the offside decision) and then putting a good cross into the box for a tap-in before the flag was seen.

Bush wrote:We win as a team and we lose has a team. For me booing individual players off is poor. I have no issue with fans booing the team off if it is deserved and I certainly don't have an issue with people coming on here and discussing individual players but singling my out players at the game simply doesn't help anyone.
I'd never boo an individual player or the team but Frank doesn't help himself.

Tony Soprano wrote:
Bush wrote:We win as a team and we lose has a team. For me booing individual players off is poor. I have no issue with fans booing the team off if it is deserved and I certainly don't have an issue with people coming on here and discussing individual players but singling my out players at the game simply doesn't help anyone.
I'd never boo an individual player or the team but Frank doesn't help himself.
He doesn't pick himself mate.

Appreciate from the reports that the majority thought Frank was dire
Piss poor booing him though and Robbie was not much better but haven't heard a word about some others
Again nobody has mentioned Padraig what did he do that was better than the 2 I mentioned
Dolan, Tozer, Pipey, White and Joe have not been mentioned either.
Would be nice to hear how they got on or possibly didn't.

Frank was absolute dog s***e. He fully deserved vetting booed off, i was one of them, as were i woukd say 80% of the fans, its a constant lately, flynny obvs rates him for some unknowm reason though, he cant hold ball up, he makes no efffort to track back even when he loses the ball, hes a big lad who never wins a header, he cant take a man on... need i go on! Oh and i believe, should you go and watch, you are well within your right to make your feelings known! Good and bad! Flynny was even getting slated in th crowd yesterday for the absolute age it took to make subs, as so he should be

Frank was absolute dog s***e. He fully deserved vetting booed off, i was one of them, as were i woukd say 80% of the fans, its a constant lately, flynny obvs rates him for some unknowm reason though, he cant hold ball up, he makes no efffort to track back even when he loses the ball, hes a big lad who never wins a header, he cant take a man on... need i go on! Oh and i believe, should you go and watch, you are well within your right to make your feelings known! Good and bad! Flynny was even getting slated in th crowd yesterday for the absolute age it took to make subs, as so he should be

I don't physically 'boo' a player at a game but I will use this ' unofficial fans forum ' to vent my views on the players that play for my club and one I spend a lot of my hard earned following.
If my views offend certain posters who IMO have ' blind loyalties ' to players because they wear the clubs shirt then that's ' tough luck ' .
All I ask is a Plyer gives 100% every time they pull on a shirt and if they are beaten by a better side , then so be it...IMO we have quite a few who don't do that and they deserve the ' stick ' they get.

I also question MF because I honestly can't see what he sees about certain players . IMO the BOD were too quick giving him a contract extension until he proves himself. Yes he did a great job keeping us up with players that were signed by other managers. He did a great job getting a game out of these players whereas other couldn't but ....( you knew it was coming :lol: ) Most of the signings he has made have been POOR and IMO haven't improved the side....He will have a larger budget next season because of the cup run.Far from being huge , granted but he needs to sign players who will actually play rather than 5 in the last transfer window who haven't.
How did he decide who to sign ? Did he actually see any of them play or were they put to him by agents ??
He sang the praises of the lad from Cambridge when he signed him........if he rated him , why won't he play him ???
Collins....he signed , was way off the required fitness and played poor in a friendly.........send him back to Wolves then rather than pay him.
The same with the Swansea lad.Did he see him play apart from the game he played against us ?

And the biggest mystery is Sheehan....He won't for some reason give him any game time...How the hell is he going to get fit if he won't give him minutes on the pitch ? There is no doubting his ability. He needs time on the pitch to get ' match fit ' MF would rather use Wilmott instead ???????????? If Wilmott were performing then that would be fine but apart from 4 or 5 games he has been really poor......

neilcork68 wrote:I don't physically 'boo' a player at a game but I will use this ' unofficial fans forum ' to vent my views on the players that play for my club and one I spend a lot of my hard earned following.
If my views offend certain posters who IMO have ' blind loyalties ' to players because they wear the clubs shirt then that's ' tough luck ' .
All I ask is a Plyer gives 100% every time they pull on a shirt and if they are beaten by a better side , then so be it...IMO we have quite a few who don't do that and they deserve the ' stick ' they get.

I also question MF because I honestly can't see what he sees about certain players . IMO the BOD were too quick giving him a contract extension until he proves himself. Yes he did a great job keeping us up with players that were signed by other managers. He did a great job getting a game out of these players whereas other couldn't but ....( you knew it was coming :lol: ) Most of the signings he has made have been POOR and IMO haven't improved the side....He will have a larger budget next season because of the cup run.Far from being huge , granted but he needs to sign players who will actually play rather than 5 in the last transfer window who haven't.
How did he decide who to sign ? Did he actually see any of them play or were they put to him by agents ??
He sang the praises of the lad from Cambridge when he signed him........if he rated him , why won't he play him ???
Collins....he signed , was way off the required fitness and played poor in a friendly.........send him back to Wolves then rather than pay him.
The same with the Swansea lad.Did he see him play apart from the game he played against us ?

And the biggest mystery is Sheehan....He won't for some reason give him any game time...How the hell is he going to get fit if he won't give him minutes on the pitch ? There is no doubting his ability. He needs time on the pitch to get ' match fit ' MF would rather use Wilmott instead ???????????? If Wilmott were performing then that would be fine but apart from 4 or 5 games he has been really poor......
The last point you make is very worrying imho, is he perhaps not recovering from his injury as well as expected perhaps? If so, were we wise to give him a contract. We have too many signings lately who are being paid to watch football matches.

lowandhard wrote:
neilcork68 wrote:I don't physically 'boo' a player at a game but I will use this ' unofficial fans forum ' to vent my views on the players that play for my club and one I spend a lot of my hard earned following.

The last point you make is very worrying imho, is he perhaps not recovering from his injury as well as expected perhaps? If so, were we wise to give him a contract. We have too many signings lately who are being paid to watch football matches.
Totally agree. Transfer window wasted imo

lowandhard wrote:

Did we not give him as ' proper medical ' then ?????????

IMO MF has a choice of playing Sheehan or Wilmott and for some unknown reason , only he knows why , he chooses Wilmott..
IMO Sheehan is twice , if not more the player Wilmott will ever be but Wilmott is Flynn's ' mate'